Old 02-27-2004, 09:10 AM   #1  
Senior Chicky

Angry Finally Friday ~ Feb. 27

Good early morning little chickadee's! Getting us started for another beautiful day!

Coffee anyone? Tea? I have splenda and creamer! (and caffeine free diet pepsi!)

----------------------------

I can't believe I didn't make it in yesterday! I was able to barely peak my head into the coop when the usual chaos took over my day!
Awww, but life is good!

Today will be more of the same I'm afraid! Let me get dh satisfied and I'll be back! He keeps interrupting me and I'm getting frustrated!

Last edited by MamaJ; 02-27-2004 at 09:16 AM.
Old 02-27-2004, 12:11 PM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning - just barely. It's 11:58 right now. Thanks for the coffee, MamaJ.

Yesterday was just wild so I didn't get in here to even read until after LindaBC posted. Perhaps we should consider a weekly thread similar to LCFS as our numbers, if not our butts, are diminishing. We seem to have "lost" a lot of folks to the WLS board and maybe a few to Atkins and SBD. I still thinks SBD is a lower carb plan as is Sugarbusters. Can't win 'em all!

We have a scent of spring in the air although it's not yet warm enough to melt the icicles. There's a gap between the snowbank and my house and some earth showing but there is still lots of snow and ice. It'll come eventually - we are over the hard part of the winter.

LindaBC, no cuddling at the baby clinic? Oh my! How can you resist? I am sorry about the two memorial services and wish you well at goodie resistance.

Kel, if it isn't started up, just go for it! I am up early and do my journal, SBD and cruise for spammers and other baddies to zap and sometimes don't get in here until later. I'm MOD on two forums in here and it's getting to be a bit much.

Nasus, hi there. Another busy person!

OK - I am going to rename this thread The LC Weekend Chat and we should start up Monday as the LC Weekly Chat? Whaddaya think, chickies?

I'll do that and then I'm out of here. We are going out to lunch and then to the Library and H. is getting ready right now.
Old 02-27-2004, 07:13 PM   #3  

Good idea, Ruth - I like it!

I was up and out early this a.m. again this morning as there was an academic awards cerimony at the high school (@ 7:35 a.m.!) and Lis was being mentioned for her 3.8. Then I jetted home to let the doggers out to potty and grab some lunch fixings. I'm feeling a bit better with this cold - just exhausted - but I BARELY have a voice. It's all deep or high or breaking or non-existant. (and I'm really getting cranky with people imitating it back to me whenever I utter a word) I only lasted until 2:30 then I headed home.

I'm going to throw some quick spagetti sauce on for the kids then go pick Bry up from practice. Bet the ball field was too soggy for them to play on but I'm sure the coaches thought up some new tourture for them.

Chat at ya tomorrow -

Kel
Old 02-27-2004, 09:04 PM   #4  
Slimwithin

This morning I went to the pool for an hour. Came home and had a humongous breakfast of bacon and l.c. pancakes and l.c. syrup. Filled me up for the whole day. Not sure if that's a good idea. I then did some baking for the memorial service that my club is catering tomorrow.
At 2 pm, three of my club members showed up for me to drive them to the funeral service for another club member. Just got home from that a while ago. They didn't even offer us a cup of coffee or tea at that one. What a rip-off! LOL Tomorrow's will have a lot of food though.
I'll be glad when this week is over. Tomorrow is the memorial service and Sunday is my aunt's birthday dinner. Before that I'll be going out to lunch and a movie with #1 daughter. This is too busy for me. I usually go weeks without having to attend anything.
Old 02-28-2004, 09:39 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

Grrrrr! Made it back into ONEderland and the little kid from next door shows up with chocolate bars to sell for her trip to Disney! I chose the chocolate coated almond ones as I don't like them .....I think I don't like them and hope I don't try them to find out. Hey! I'll mail them to someone! Any takers?

Kevin is here and bashing away. He actually was early for a change. He is getting really busy these days which has forced him to be organized. I've taken all the stuff out of the closet and now need to sort it. We have way too much stuff!

I'm off to walk down for the paper. It's sunny but still cold. The icicles are not dripping - yet!

Happy Saturday!
Old 02-28-2004, 03:00 PM   #6  
workin' my way back down

Good Morning (?)... sheesh! this working stuff is for the birds!! I've been so busy the last few days, that when I got home from work last night there was a message on the answering machine from my closest friend that said "where is my friend? I miss her"... and I STILL haven't had a chance to call her back! Sheesh! Running running and more running, and when I finally sit down, tax returns! Oh well, at least it means I'm making some money to support my habit of eating!!! BUT, it's now almost 3 in the afternoon, and I haven't had a chance to see the morning newspaper yet! Ok ok ok, enough *itching from me.........

I guess it's true, we're gonna have to go to a semi-weekly thread for those of us who hang out here.... <sigh>... don't get me wrong, I couldn't make it without you guys (oops, chicks!) but we're still allowed to miss our missing chickie friends, aren't we?

Ruth, how about if you feed that candy bar right back to the kid who sold it to you? I'm sure she won't mind eating it for you Glad to see that Kev finally made it over. Sorry you're cold there, we are FINALLY having a lovely weekend - it's supposed to hit upper 40s to maybe almost 60!!! Hooray, 'cause as I've said (too many times) before: I've had it with winter! No more coats and boots - I want to wear sandals!!!!

Linda, Kel, Janice and everyone else........ have a great weekend (just in case I don't get back here - we have to go to New London, Connecticut tomorrow and it's a 300 mile round trip, so will be gone alllllll day)
Old 02-28-2004, 07:17 PM   #7  
Slimwithin

Well, I'm bushed and it doesn't help that I totally maxed out on carbs today. Very poor planning and low will power on my part.
My women's club was catering for the memorial service of one of our long time members. I spent a couple of hours in the morning making toppings to put on open face rolls. Ham, egg salad and tuna salad. Also slicing and arranging trays of donated squares, loaves and cookies. All very tempting. The service started at 1 and by 2 pm people were lining up to eat the goodies while we went around pouring coffee and tea for them. Of course, we helped ourselves to all this bounty as well and, if I wasn't so darned tired, I'd be scraping myself off the ceiling from the sugar high. Once I start, I just can't seem to make myself stop, but I'm stopping NOW.
This has been a week from **** and I've been so disorganized at home what with too many places to go and other things to do. I'll be glad to get back to my hum-drum routine on Monday.
Ruth, good for you to be back in Onederland. I wonder if I'll ever get to that magical place. Not at this rate I sure won't. Nobody to blame but myself either.
Old 02-29-2004, 10:42 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

LindaBC, don't be too hard on yourself. I gave in to temptation yesterday too and ate half of those darn chocolate covered almonds! We ARE addicts, you know!

Sono, you sound like you are working too darn hard! I hope your 300 mile trip goes OK today. (By the way, Porties make excellent travel companions!)

Kel, isn't is a PO when folks imitate your croaking voice? Why do they do that 'cuz it sure isn't funny. Cough in their face.

Well, we are off to walk the village this afternoon and do some socializing as the folks will all be coming out of the woodwork. The "lads" are breaking trails in the bush for tapping the trees which should be underway this week.

Happy Sunday everyone.
Old 02-29-2004, 10:48 AM   #9  

Good morning girls

Just a stop in from me to let you know how I'm doing and to find out how things are with you guys I am doing great, eating like a stuffed chicken and gained like 8 pounds so far. I am pretty disappointed since I really didn't want to gain hardly any weight this pg and it seems that's going to be out of the question! Grrr.... I'm now at 220--Lord help me when I've got to take all this off!

As for the baby, I'm at a solid 10 weeks now and on Tuesday I go for my first OB appointment at the maternity clinic at the hospital. I am hoping to get in soon for my first ultrasound so I can see the wee wiggler!

I have also noticed that the population on the board has declined, so sad to see us all go our separate ways Don't worry, I will come back from time to time to let you all know how I'm doing

Have a great Sunday everyone
Old 02-29-2004, 08:19 PM   #10  

Hi Pooky - nice to hear from you.

Busy day yesterday:Up at 8. Clothes in dryer. Make bacon/cinamon rolls. Empty/fill dishwasher. Bry to practice at 10. Gas then ran Tahoe thru car wash then home to dry it so no spots. Pulled huge pile of weeds from front ditch and flowerbed. Chase dogs down since they excaped the open gate (brats!) Cody ready to go to skate park @ 11:30. Make Lis get up so I can take her to Mary Ose (congress candidate) office to get flyers for passing out tomorrow. Go to get Bry from practice at 11:45 (went early so I could watch them some) and learn that they have a pick-up game at 1:00
(coach found out about it at last minute). Go get Melis to drive across town to get the darn flyers. Get a bit lost but finally find it and wait around since they were QUITE unorganized in there. Listen to Lis rant about Mary Ose's position on all the hot issues.
Take Melis with me to high school to get Bry. Game not done yet (coach said only 3 innings - HA!) Pull Bry out at 2:45. Take him and Lis home. Drive downtown to pick up Cody and friend from skate park. Home to veg for a 2.5 seconds. Finish picking up pulled weeds in front. Lis gets a wild hair and want to go to look for senior ball dresses (GIANT mistake). Order boys pizza for delivery and take off. Pull at least 15 dresses
off rack for Lis to try on and head for dressing room. By dress #3, Melis declares herself an ugly, fat-armed, mess and stalks out. Seek out a bridal store (brides maid dresses have sleeves and are prom-like) but find it is closed - door was unlocked
and customers JUST came out but 'they're closed'. Try to find a dinner place without a 55 minute wait. Run to B&N while waiting for name to be called and get Lamb (my bookclub pick). Eat mexican at On The Border. Go home and just 'plop' for a while until I can drag myself to bed!

Then this morning Melis and I went to church parking lots and deposited the flyers on cars. We got home around 1 and I've been doing housework and laundry ever since. Gonna go watch the award show in a bit and fold laundry. BOY do I lead an exciting life.

Chat at ya all tomorrow.

Kel
Old 03-01-2004, 08:20 AM   #11  
workin' my way back down

Quick pop-in here before heading to the new Weekly .....

Thanks Ruth.. You are RIGHT!! I DO work too hard. You're really rubbing it into me, aren't you??? I KNOW that porties make great travelling companions - so where is the one meant for me?!?!?!?!? Actually, the trip wasn't too bad, the weather was good, and the traffic on the way up was almost non-existent (we left home at 8:30 a.m. to be there be 11:30).. on the way home, dh started to get super tired, so we pulled off and I got him a Starbucks Iced Moccachino (don't ask what I got for myself, please!! ) - enough caffeine to wake him up for the rest of the trip home (I'm not comfortable driving his little car thru those kinds of construction zones around the city!)

Pooky don't you forget about us, sweetie!

Kel....... your day sounds so much like many of mine: full of lots of little boring, but necessary, running around. Just remember to make some time for yourself to take a deep breath and look around you at the sunshine!

Well, that's it for the weekend for me...... over to the new daily.