Old 01-31-2004, 03:03 PM   #1  
Slimwithin

Default Weekend Chick Chat

Where is everybody? It's very unusual for me to be the one starting the daily, but I guess all you easterners have frozen in your beds.

Raining here on the Wet Coast as usual but we've been promised some sunshine off and on.

Still no movement on my scale. I guess it would help if I moved!
Okay, here goes. I'm doing my exercises.
There. All done!
Old 01-31-2004, 03:23 PM   #2  
workin' my way back down

LindaBC... I just love your exercise routine........ may I join you in that class?? I wish I had an answer for you about the lack of movement on the scale - after all, you're the one who inspired me to get back to '72 induction! (for which I truly thank you - for now it seems to be working for me)... the only thing I can think of is, are you drinking enough water? Not eating too much overly-processed stuff that has "hidden" carbs? I'd be the last person in the world to talk about the dreaded "E" word, but I seem to recall that when you were doing BF the scale AND the tape measure were moving. Hmmmmmm..... maybe I'll dig mine back out and we can do it together? (my biggest problem with it is that each time I am going to do it, I have to move a chair with arms into the room where the tv is - I know that sounds silly, but just the thought of having to do that seems to keep me from actually getting my rear in gear!) Anyhow, I'll give it a shot if you will........

I wasn't frozen indoors this morning. I spent 3 hours in the dentist's chair!!! The time was bad enough, but the bill!!!!! No one around here seems to be frozen indoors(it's a very balmy 30ish today), unless you mean at the mall! I just came back from Sears (they had an amazing sale: 20" flatscreen TV for only $139.97 - just when the 13" tv in my bedroom died!!! ) and the parking lot was full (of course at least half of it was piled high with mountains of snow) but the lines at the cash registers were insane. I found a wallet that I wanted to buy, but left it when I saw the size of the lines! So, I saved the money and aggravation and just came on home!

Well, I guess I better go do some stuff before dh gets home from work --- s to all who are lurking today instead of posting!!
Old 01-31-2004, 06:30 PM   #3  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Yeah, The sears sale came AFTER i bought my grandmother and new stove! She was here last week and she told me my uncle was going to REWIRE the 35 year old one....I told he to wait, i wanter to take out a life insurance policy on her! So I bought her a new one here and she had it delivered today, AFTER the sale! Great buy on the flatscreen SONO.
:wave : Linda, I am glad you started for us today, even though it is 6:30 pm now and I am just getting in.

Not much on tap for the weekend. I am posting a link for SONO who asked about the fuzzy scarfs. I suck at knitting but I am going to try my hand at the pink hat...

Keep warm,
-L

http://www.cpu-enterprises.com/stylecraft/main.htm
Old 01-31-2004, 08:40 PM   #4  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

I was at my SIL house eating a piece of cake and icecream. MMMMMMM but they were small and that was the only off carb stuff all this month. besides a small amount of munching of not too good stuff.

Well I got stuff to do but wanted to check in!!!
Old 01-31-2004, 09:41 PM   #5  
workin' my way back down

Oh Linda, that pink hat is adorable! I think that the yarn I have would work with any of those patterns, it looks same/similar... The purple scarf looks like the ones I bought yarn for! (I actually bought 6 colors to make scarves for 6 people!! - did anyone get it yet? Well, I COULD give them the yarn and a pair of needles!! )I believe it was all purl (or was it all knit?????) stitches for as wide and long as you wanted it! The easiest thing in the world to do! But I LOVE that pink hat!
Old 02-01-2004, 08:13 AM   #6  
Owned by Dixie

SONO,
I have only used the knit stitch, I have to practice the purl before I start the hat...But I must say it is fast and fun, it has kept me out of the kitchen for sure

Aunt and uncle coming to watch the game later today. and I am going to clean up a little and clean up my closet today too. Just a little coffee (decaf) if anyone wants and get older boy off to religious school...I will check in later, have a good Sunday ladies.
-L
Old 02-01-2004, 10:18 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I've been slightly MIA because of this play. However, this time next week, I'll be back in here blabbing my head off and boring the world.
Rehearsals every night and all Sunday afternoon are kind of taking up my time! I am so thankful for my friends who are checking on my Harry when I'm out. He is managing OK when I'm out but it;s great to have someone pop in to check once in a while. I got a cellphone but took it back as I can't be reached in Brockville from here. Damned Canadian Shield gets in the way!
Have a Super Super Bowl weekend.
Old 02-01-2004, 11:45 AM   #8  
Owned by Dixie

Humm Ruthie, my verizon phone worked in Alaska, mexico, Canada...Some of my family have it too so we can call each other for free...(sometimes that is good other times, well....) I wonder.

I hope you have a fun time doing the play this week, I was wondering how you made out with Domestic help for H...
-L
Old 02-01-2004, 02:17 PM   #9  

Quick flyby wave to you all *waves* - got bunches to attempt to get done today.

Good luck with the VM, Ruth, or I guess it's 'Break a leg', huh - I know you will knock them dead! I'm glad you've had this diversion in your life at this time but I'm selfishly looking forward to when you have more time to hang around the coop. I miss Lucy/Hershey stories.

Laundry, cleaning, tax prep work, etc. is calling my name - gotta run.

Kel