Old 01-13-2004, 12:47 PM   #16  

Angry

lynn, I have Leslie Sansones WATP with the weighted balls. I've done the 2 mile walk a lot using the weights. So I won't get bored, I switch between the Gazelle and WATP. She has a 4 mile walking tape, which I bought just recently. I hope to work up to it. Hope your DH is doing fine after his surgery. It's been snowing lightly most of the day and the temp. will be dropping anytime now.

nikki, Suzanne will be on HSN this weekend. She's selling suppliments now I went into her website, which has been down for sometime, but her homepage has changed and there were the suppliments.

Take care
Aleka
Old 01-13-2004, 01:56 PM   #17  

Hi Aleka: I have that set also. What is WATP and Gazelle? I have never heard of them. I have to drive my husband back to Toronto tomorrow. I think I will pack a bag and have the dog with us in case the weather is bad. Mind you I would rather drive in the snow than drive in Toronto. Talk to you soon. Lynn
Old 01-13-2004, 07:24 PM   #18  

Good Evening Ladies:
Nikki, so sweet of your husband to to notice my weight loss You too
are amazing!! Ab exercises, gazelle and body flex, you will be in great
shape before you know it!!!

Aleka, Suzanne seems to have her thumb in many pies She is a real
business women. I have heard her several time on talk radio when she is
in Toronto. She is always with Alan.

Our weather is absolutely disgusting. I feel like I live at the north pole.
All you hear is crunch crunch crunch when you walk My parents
are especially finding it tough because they are more or less house bound
in this weather. Dad's breathing just won't take the bitter cold air.

Our new cash office finally opens Wednesday. I don't know how this is going
to go without Tanya. She is off on sick leave, the Good Lord onlyknows for
how long. She just can't take .

Hope you all have a great evening.
Anne.
Old 01-13-2004, 08:18 PM   #19  

Good evening,
Aleka, I'm not surprised about the vitamins, I think she'd sell air if she could. I still like her diet plan, and some of her food. The merchandise is so expensive and the s&h so high, it is a big turn off to me.
Anne, Alan is always with her here too. I think he must have her on a leash, but she seems to like it.
Thanks back at you Anne, that was sweet of you to say about me. I hope your day goes well tomorrow, but to be honest, I bet your going to have a hard one. Do the best you can and don't let that old get to you, if possible. I'll be thinking about you.
Alynn, Aleka was abbreviating Walk Away the Pounds (WATP). The Gazelle is an airwalker that is sold by Tony Little. We all have one and use it, sometimes more than others. It is great for when you can't get outside or for me, I have problems with my ankle, so I can't stand the impact of walking as much as I'd like. There is no impact on joints with the gazelle. I do use the treadmill occasionally, but not as much as I"d really like to, just because it hurts too much.
Today, I did a work out with handweights. It is important, they say. I'm still doing the Body Flex plus too. It is a great way to start the day. I can wake up without a cup of coffee. In fact, I'm going to try to stop drinking coffee again. I think this time, I'll be able to. I really don't even want it anymore when I make it. Funny, huh? I use to drink a pot every morning.
Night, Nikki
Old 01-14-2004, 06:49 AM   #20  

Angry

It's -15 deg. this morning and from what the weather people say we won't see above 0 at all today.

ANNE, we're having the same weather as you. As a matter of fact, that's where we're getting out frigid weather from. Please keep it! Hope you have a better day at work. Do you have any idea how long Tanya will be on sick leave? If it's for very long, can they hire a temp until she comes back? As nikki said, Alan is always with Suzanne when she's on HSN. Sometimes he comes out on stage and he just creeps me out. I still like her food though.

alynn, hope your trip was a safe one. I don't like to drive in big cities either. Since an old (not age-wise) and dear friend of mine reconnected after not seeing one another for about 40 yrs., I occasionally have to drive a fairly good distance once a week to meet her so I'm getting more confident. I even drove through out state's capital, which is a small city compared to other state capitals, but to me it was an accomplishment. I live in the boonies, on a dirt road, in the woods, and 1 couple as year round neighbors. We're mostly inhabited by summer people. I really like Tony Little's Gazelle, but you really don't work up a sweat.

nikki, a few years ago when I was SSizing, and working out on the TT first thing in the morning, before my 1st cup of coffee, I really didn't need the coffee, and it wasn't all that difficult going from regular to decaf. We still did it slowly though. I found the same thing to be true when I started back on the TT Mon. I decided to give my stomach muscles a rest today because I can really feel them, and I don't want to pull anything. Since I've started using the Gazelle, I've noticed a difference in my thighs. They seem to be a lot tighter than they were. I am surprised because I always believed you had to do a lot of movements to get them tight and/or walking a lot. HMMMM.

Here is a recipe a cousin of mine shared with me. She says it's good.

Brown 1 lb. ground beef, drain fat. Add 1/3 jar low carb pizza sauce, pepperoni slices, and top with Mozarella Cheese. Let cheese melt then serve.

Hopefully I'll get grocery shopping, today or tomorrow. Hopefully I won't get frostbite going from my car to the store and vise versa.

Take care and have a great day.
Aleka
Old 01-14-2004, 03:27 PM   #21  

HI,
Kind of a dull, cold, windy day here. It is not as cold as you guys are, it's in the upper 30's. It's very windy, 45 mph, so it feels colder.
I've been OP on Atkins now for 2 days. That is the first time I can say I've actually stayed on a diet plan without variation for a long time. Usually, I get off track without even realizing it.
I joined ediets a few days ago. It is a good support system, but their knowledge of Atkins is lacking. The nutritionists there still adhere to a low fat mentality, so if I didn't know what I was doing, I'd be confused. I don't know if I'll continue there or not. Some of it is great, some of it isn't. I guess I'll stay for at least the 1st week as I've already paid for it.
No coffee today. I did have a little fight with myself this morning, wanting some with breakfast. I have the decaf, but decided on water for now.
Aleka, since using the gazelle, my legs and bottom are firmer. My bottom is still HUGE, but it's in better shape. What silly little smiles, must be for St. Patty's Day?
I guess I better go, got something going on, Nikki

Last edited by nikkic; 01-15-2004 at 09:14 AM.
Old 01-14-2004, 07:41 PM   #22  

Good Evening Everyone:

I am dead on my feet. Believe it or not I will be getting up on Thursday
at 3:30 am to try to get in for 6:00 am. We are swamped with work!!!

will pay us overtime until we get straightend out.

Aleka, we don't know how long Tanya will be away. She is suppose to be
going to the doctor Thursday so maybe I will hear something by the end of
the week. Your recipe looks delicious by the way

Did I tell you guys we are having a blizzard today for good measure

Nikki, did you see Dr. Weil on Larry King last night? I find him so informative.

Well, I better get to bed. I will talk to you both Thursday night.

Anne.
Old 01-14-2004, 10:42 PM   #23  

Good evening,
Boy, that Special K ad is always popping up. Very aggrevating, even though I know it helps pay for this place. Doesn't make sense to have a Special K ad on a low carb board though.
Aleka, I forgot that you said the SS board had been down. I went there now and the discussion boards are down for maintenance. I suppose all the good recipes will be wiped out like last time. I really don't understand why they do that. If they can't support that much traffic, they should get a bigger server, but I doubt that is it. Anyway, I'm looking for a recipe for BBQ sauce, if anyone knows of one that they have tried and think is good. I have many recipes for it, but just wondered if there was a tried and true one out there.
Anne, I missed Dr. W on Larry King last night. I spend most of my spare time on the computer now, or exercising. Trying to avoid the shopping channels. I have pretty much gotten over that urge, but I know if I give in just once, see something I want, then bang, I'll order it. Anyway, I love Dr. W and wish I'd seen him.
Anne, your weather is wicked. I'm sorry your getting it too Aleka. We had an Alberta clipper come through today, but it wasn't able to push out our warm weather. They say it will stay in the upper 30's/lower 40's for the next week. I keep thinking spring is 2 months away, but I bet it won't be for you guys. You were right about our weather, Aleka, it's not as bad as yours.
Bye for now, Nikki

Last edited by nikkic; 01-15-2004 at 09:13 AM.
Old 01-15-2004, 06:26 AM   #24  

[B] Goodmorning Aleka & Nikki: We are back! All went well with DH's Dr. Appointment. We left at 8 o'clock and had snow and blowing snow all the way down. Finally got here at 11:15 (should of taken 1 1/2 hrs.). After appointment I turned down his offer of lunch out (Never happened before) and said lets just head home. Thank god we did, I guess the city was a mess hundreds of accidents. The TV news said a 15 min. trip was taking 2 hours. My daughter lives in Burlington and takes a train to downtown Toronto to work, her drive from the train parking lot is 5-7 mins., last night it took 35 mins. The swelling went down in my DH's eye so he could open the eye so he insisted on driving (thank God) I read a book. Today is going to be bitterly cold so will stay close to home. Have been up since 5 with back spasims from being in the car for so long. Well enough of that Nikki, I wish I could give up coffee, it is only 6 and I am on my 2nd. cup of at lest 4 everymorning. When I switched to decaff I had a headache for 5 days. I only drink coffee in the morning and switch to decaff tea and pop the rest of the day. I am getting better at drinking water but diet pop is my favorite. In the car yesterday when not reading I had lots of time to think and realized the food grouping wasn't bothering me, it is the lack of choice for breakfast. I have skipped the last 3 days because I couldn't face eggs and bacon, ham etc. Any suggestions. es, Allen Hamel is always with SS,and appears to have TOTAL control over her. Last time I saw her on a show in Toronto she was talking about when she doesn't want to do something he bribes her by offering to pay her! What is that? It is her money. She was joking about how she saves these little pays and hides the money. A little weird don't you think? Well different strocks for different folks. Well thats all for now will be back later. Lynn
Old 01-15-2004, 07:02 AM   #25  

[B]Nikki: Just read your email from yesterday. I allways read the lasted emails first instead of the first ones. I can't beleive I couldn't figure out WATP. I must have been having a blond moment! hehehe. I seem to have a problem with abbreviations. It took me forever to figure out DH than I saw DS & DD and that really confused me! Oh well I guess it is my something new for today Take care Lynn
Old 01-15-2004, 07:16 AM   #26  

Angry

Well, it's a bit warmer this morning than yesterday, 8 below.

I was in 3 fat chicks last night and they had the cutest smilies, they looked like clowns. What happened to them?

ANNE and lynn, you guys are are having some horrible weather. I can't imagine a blizzard on top of this frigid cold. Please stay safe, the roads sound horrible.

nikki, I have a low carb cookbook that has a lot of recipes in it. I know they have a recipe for ketchup and cocktail sauce, so I'll dig it out and see if they have a recipe for BBQ sauce and PM you. I don't know if this book is like all of Suzanne's books where you can't post recipes because of copyright laws.
Speaking of SS, it is strange that her discussion boards are down for maintenance because it wasn't that long ago they housecleaned, and when they do go down they post it so everyone can get the recipes, ect. before they're swept clean. I was on the gazelle yesterday and got up to 4 mph and tried to keep it there for 1 min., but didn't quite make it. Now I have something to strive for.

ANNE, I am so sorry that you are having such a terrible work schedule now. If Tanya is going to be out for a long period of time, can they hire a temp. to take some of the workload off of you? Hope you have a safe trip into work. I'll be thinking of you.

lynn, you had an awful trip home. Glad you made it home safely and that your DH was well enough to drive. I don't like driving in that kind of weather. You can have cereal, whole-wheat bagels, & whole-wheat toast in the mornings. If you have cereal you have to have it with skim milk, if you have whole-wheat bagels or whole-wheat toast you cannot put butter on them. I think you can put fat free cream cheese or fat free cottage cheese on them. I haven't got her book with me, but I'll look it up. Cereal has to be a whole grain cereal with no added sugar. I always have either Shredded Wheat or Shredded Wheat 'n' Bran. SS says she eats Grapenuts cereal. When SS is on HSN she says some off the wall stuff too. One time she said that Alan wouldn't let her have a credit card and another time she said that Alan wouldn't tell her their street address because he knew she'd be inviting people over all the time. HUH?? When you hear all that stuff you have to wonder if she's just trying to be funny or just to have something to say.

Have a wonderful day everyone.
Aleka
Old 01-15-2004, 07:42 AM   #27  

Nikki: Go to lowcarbcafe.com They have a couple of recpes for barbeque sauce. Lynn
Old 01-15-2004, 09:37 AM   #28  

HI,
Alynn, don't worry about the blonde moment, I'm a true L'Oreal Blonde #9 I have those moments all the time. Speaking of which, I looked here for a BBQ recipe and guess what? I posted 3 of them myself, I think they originally came for the SS board some time ago. (I say, shaking my blonde head ). Thanks for the recipe Aleka, I'll try it. Alynn, I go to that website too, plus lots of others. It's great to discover new things. I just need to remember
Alynn, what woe (way of eating) are you following, Somersizing? Do you have any of her recipe books? They are great. We all did Somersizing about a year ago. I have most of her books. Aleka, would you recommend her newest contest book? I'm still on the fence about getting it.
If you eat oatmeal, you can put skim milk on it. Use splenda, stevia or somersweet to sweeten and spice it up with cinnamon and vanilla. If you can get liquid splenda, use that instead of powdered, it has no carbs. You can make frittata's, crustless quiche, or eat something else that isn't a breakfast food, like hamburgers or leftovers from the previous day.
Wow, you guys are really getting hit hard with the winter weather. Alynn, that trip that you guys took sounds like a nightmare to me. I hate driving in the city and then compound it with winter weather, Frightening.
Anne, hope your day goes better. I bet your going to be pooped by the end of it.
I got my exercise in, now need to get ready and go shopping with DD for groceries. Later, we're getting a load of wood, so I'll get some more exercise out in the fresh air.
Take care, Nikki
Old 01-15-2004, 10:08 AM   #29  

Talking

Hi again....

I would recommend Suzanne's new receipe contest cookbook. I made the cheeseburger soup and oatmeal cookies. The soup was yummy, but I wasn't too crazy about the cookies, but that could've been how I made them, they didn't look like the picture.

Lynn, I've looked in Suzanne's newest book, Fast & Easy. You can have nonfat cottage cheese, nonfat cottage cheese, or nonfat ricotta cheese on your whole wheat bagle or toast. You can also eat Rye or Pumpernickel breads or bagels. You don't necessarily have to eat whole-wheat. The fat-free cream cheese sometimes has a lot of chemicals and fillers in it, so she doesn't recommend that. Nikki has posted some good suggestions.

Aleka

Last edited by aleka; 01-15-2004 at 10:11 AM.
Old 01-15-2004, 12:27 PM   #30  

Woohooo!!
I just got a reply from the Atkins people about my question related to Dr. Phils new book concerning his statement that the brain requires 500 grams of carbs a day to function. Here it is-

Dear Nikki Counts:

Thank you for your inquiry.

The brain does not require 500 grams of carbs to function. The Eskimos have traditionally consumed a diet that is predominantly fat, with minimal incidence of heart disease and diabetes. The brain has an adaptation ability to function perfectly burning ketones instead of glucose, which comes from carbs. The liver will provide the obligatory glucose needed, and then uses its fat supply for the rest of the brain's fuel source--along with the rest of the body. The human body has an exquisite ability to adapt to its environment.

Well, that clears that up. One reason I questioned Dr Phils statement was he didn't quote anyone and there weren't any references to validate what he was saying. Atkins has had lots of research done specifically on their diet and they have it all on their site to reference.
Nikki