Old 10-26-2003, 03:27 PM   #1  

Question Carbohydrate Addict's?

Please help! Has anyone tried the Carbohydrate Addict's diet and did you have any luck? I like the low carb premise BUT would like to also enjoy a small amount of carbs once a day. In theory, what I have read sounds good. If you have any helpful CAD links, I would also appreciate them. Please hurry- I need to start tomorrow and am so confused- Atkin's, Southbeach, Carbohydrate Addict's. There are so many! I know enough about Atkins and Southbeach, but not as much about Carbohydrate Addict's. Thanks. Love y'all!
Old 10-28-2003, 07:04 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I'll move this to the other section where you may get an answer faster. Did you check out the Net for the Carbohydrate Addict's Diet?
Old 10-28-2003, 07:39 PM   #3  

Yes but it was mostly commercials for buying the books. Thanks.
Old 10-29-2003, 10:01 PM   #4  

I know this is rather late, but hopefully, you can still use it. I've not looked around this place, so I'm not exactly sure this is what you want. Try
http://www.ivillage.com/topics/fitne...165517.00.html
Old 10-30-2003, 10:23 PM   #5  

Thanks! I was beginning to think that I had the plague or something! The link was very helpful. I would still like to hear from any chicks who have tried it. I trust 3FC.
Old 10-31-2003, 09:23 AM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Yes, I did follow it (a few times). For about a month. The first two weeks I lost about 9 lbs. BUT !! then I was making my reward meal a pigfest instead of just eating sensibly. I didn't lose any weight after that.

Being I am addicted to carbs, eating that way for me was not the key. I am following Atkins and having much better success.

Eating alot of carbs, even in one meal would just trigger me to over eat like a mad man.

BUT !!! you are different and may not have the problems I had.

Good Luck, let me know what you decide to do.

Leenie
Old 11-02-2003, 06:26 PM   #7  

Thanks for the input! I officially start this week and I am trying to go as low carb as I can for even my Reward Meal- but if I want a scoop of ice cream, I am gonna go for it. Good luck to you.
Old 11-02-2003, 09:01 PM   #8  
reaching my goals

Le Carb isn't too bad for a scoop of ice cream. I like the lemon flavor best.
Old 11-02-2003, 10:28 PM   #9  

I am having trouble finding low carb stuff here- I live out in the boonies- in Arkansas no less! I wish I could find that kind of ice cream here. I hate ordering stuff from the internet- if I want something, I want it NOW! LOL Thanks.
Old 11-03-2003, 08:25 AM   #10  
Senior Chicky

Angry Hi Jayecee!

I am definately a C.A.D. girl and have been a looooong time!

Love it and can't imagine any other way.

I've fortunate that having my carbs in the reward meal doesn't set off cravings for me. But as Leenie mentioned you must still be aware of your portions.

Have you read the book? If not, please do. I know Sams Club has it for about $3 in paperback.

I've had terrific success with this woe (when I stick to it-lol) and find it an effortless way of LC eating!
Old 11-03-2003, 01:28 PM   #11  

Thanks MamaJ. I do have the book and devoured it cover to cover in one day. I also checked out the website for info. I don't plan on doing a pigfest. I am going to do the plan just like it said. One question: The Hellers talk about low-fat artificially sweetened whipped topping for a couple of desserts. Are they talking about Cool Whip Lite? I checked the carbs and regular has one less carb. Could it be because of the sugar? Sort of confused about that. And is low carb preserves the same as No Sugar Added? None that I have found actually say low carb. (Guess that was 2 questions )Thanks.
Old 11-03-2003, 05:38 PM   #12  
Senior Chicky

Angry

Kayecee-to tell you the truth, I'm not a bit sweet eater except that t.o.m.. So, I've not experimented and don't even tempt myself.

I know that many make a whipped topping using cream, splenda and perhaps some other flavorings. And there is a wonderful (one I've tried) recipe for Miracle Fluff (I think) on the LC recipe desert thread.

The thing I would like to suggest with C.A.D. is - tho we have that wonderful hour long reward meal........always start with your salad and balance your plate out. Yes, you know you can have that higher carb veggie and a bit of desert but take a good look at your portion sizes and eat till you're full. The great thing with this woe is you know you can have the other half of that potato tomorrow nite---you don't have to eat it all right now-lol.

I personally think that my body has gotten so used to this woe that I'm considering giving up (at least two/three times a week) the potato/rice carbs and sticking with the meat and veggies. But also with that going back to alternating the red meats with the lower fat "white" meats. As with any plan you must put it into play and then adjust where you think you need to continue your loss. I have found that I cannot do low carb bars and always, always make sure you've taken in your water.

Okay, there was something else I wanted to mention but I'm having a senior moment (CRAFT)......hmmm.....Oh yes, your reward meal (RM) does not have to be your dinner meal.. Schedule it to fit your lifestyle and it's demands. If you know that you're having a business luncheon, be prepared. A night on the town, plan on it......etc.. That planning got me thru six years of CAD successfully.....unfortunately I fell off the wagon and here I am again.

Kayecee-why don't ya jump on the daily w/us? It's a place where we just sort of chit chat-gripe, *****, laff, cry.....and have coffee together. It's not a certain woe'ing - it's just a bunch out there for the same reasons fighting the same daily real life stuff. lol Hope to see you there!

Best of luck & I'll be back to see you!

Last edited by MamaJ; 11-03-2003 at 06:07 PM.
Old 11-04-2003, 08:00 PM   #13  

Thanks for all the info! I really appreciate it. You said you have done it 6 years- how much weight did you lose and did it take forever and a day? I know, I know- I didn't put it all on overnight and it ain't gonna come off that way. *sigh* I usually post with the Jaded Ladies, but I lurk here since I started investigating the LC woe so you'll probably see me from time to time. Thanks. See ya later.
Old 01-17-2004, 10:20 PM   #14  
Sha

Can you remind me what your allowed on this plan. I had the book, even did it for a short time. but that was a year ago. Can't find my book, but am ready to try it again...Thanks for any help here..
Old 01-18-2004, 05:34 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Height: 5'6"

Well this isn't going to be perfect but from what I remember, I did the plan for a bit before jumping on the atkins program. You eat 3 meals everyday. Two of those meals must contain no more than 4 grams of carbs each. One meal each day (they recommend this meal be dinner I think) can contain carbs as long as you eat a salad first and your entree be in 3 equal parts, low carb veggies, meat and carbs. No calorie counting just each part has to be equal. This meal also has to eaten within an hour to reduce the possiblity of a second insulin release and storing the food as fat. That's what I remember, feel free to correct me if I got mixed up.