Old 08-19-2003, 06:15 AM   #1  
Big Loser

Default Tuesday, August 19th

Morning ladies and gent.....gotta get coffee on, brb!

Hello to all my old friends amd I see some new faces!! I have been lurking but very MIA lately!!! Ruth, glad to see you are back!! I am still giggling about poor Aunt Rose and her pants!!

Well yesterday was day 3 of Induction - I got on the treadmill this morning and am feeling pretty good, so we shall see I am forcing myself to stay off the scale - it is killing me!!!

Woke up at 500am and could not get back to sleep-so I am up for the day...eek

Have a good one!

Last edited by scooby2; 08-19-2003 at 06:20 AM.
Old 08-19-2003, 07:02 AM   #2  

I am up getting the food ready for the day, eggs boiling and chicken-in-a-baggie. then into the shower and hope to be on the road by 7:30. It's beautiful here this morning, a little cooler and drier, so I have windows open and a little air moving-it's nice!

Did OK yesterday, even though I thought I wouldn't. I kept wanting things, but knowing I would have to type "kit kat bar" into Fitday, kept me eating peanut butter and cashews. I kept eating, but never got to the junk. Had some baby carrots and spinach artichoke Alouette cheese for an evening snack.

Today should be quiet, may try to get out for lunch. My boss is away, that always means a little break for us!

have a good one,
dottie
Old 08-19-2003, 07:36 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

For the first time in my life, I fell asleep on the couch and slept the night away. I woke to two dogs kissing me and asking to go out. It sure speeds things up in the a.m. if you are already dressed!

My sister and her grand daughter Georgia were over yesterday afternoon. Georgia is such a sweetie - nine months is a lovely age. Sis is scared of dogs but doesn't want Georgia to be the same. My Girls behaved beautifully and G. treated them like big animated teddies. Even grumpy old DH was charmed by this little miss who looks like a Gerber baby.

I need to water at the fairgrounds, take Hersh to be groomed at 8 and make it to town for a haircut by 10 so I'd better get cracking.

Have a Terrific Tuesday, chicks and rooster.
Old 08-19-2003, 07:49 AM   #4  

Morning All!!!

Back to work for me! I go back full time now! So I am a little concerned about my mid afternoon snack! I get so hungry about 3, so I think I will throw a couple of beef sticks and string cheeses into a cooler "just in case", but I would like to try to make it to 4:30 so I can have my snack then before I start my evening exercise, and take the edge of dinner hunger.

Well, off to get the teachers back on track for the school year!!!

Have an excellent day everyone!

Lily

Last edited by lilybutt; 08-19-2003 at 07:53 AM.
Old 08-19-2003, 08:30 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Height: 5'6"

Lily have a great first day back into the swing of things.

It's going to be a busy day here too, meetings all morning driving around doing on-sites this afternoon and somewhere in there I have about 40 pages of paperwork that have been calling my name for a week!

Then afterwork, straight out to my home town, 'bout 1/2 hour drive, to help mom clean out the basement and sort through things, she finally sold our house, the one I grew up in. Glad she finally got up the courage, it's huge and she spends most of her time cleaning the darn thing. I'm going to miss is but not all that much, a great friend of the family bought it so HA! one night they'll just find me curled up in my old bedroom.

OP yesterday although my calories kind of spiked into the 1800 range and the scale is echoing that but that's no problem I was hungry, under 20g and the scale can go up a pound if it really wants too. I dare it too!! Still in great spirits, highly motivated and loving every minute of it. But I'm hanging around this 195 for about a week now I guess it's time to get on my nordic track again. Need to get a bit better with this exercise thing, I was great on holidays when I started this whole thing but wherever do I find the time now? Oh yes, priorities, i forgot
WARNING brag moment: I just measured my waist today, and it's at 36! I started at 41 on July 13 so I'm amazed and excited. Was getting a bit pissy about the scale, it's only been six days so I knew I needed something to take my mind off of it and it worked!

And Meowna happy belated birthday, shame on me!

Have a super day.

Tummy

Last edited by Tummy Girl; 08-19-2003 at 08:38 AM.
Old 08-19-2003, 09:27 AM   #6  
LC Rooster

'Morning, ladies...

Well, I'm down 1.5lbs for the week. It's still a loss at least, just definitely a slowdown. I'm down a notch or two on the belt though!

Lily:

I know what you mean about the 3pm bit, but it's earlier for me. For years I've taken an 11:30am lunch. I'm going to lunch now with a friend who has been doing Atkins for a few weeks now, and picking up from her all of her little tricks and places to go for eating out. Problem: She and her group go to lunch after 1pm. Gack! Thankfully, I have my own fridge in my office, so I can keep cheese sticks and the like handy.
Old 08-19-2003, 10:33 AM   #7  

Good morning all!

Hey Brad, a 1.5 is still a loss and not a bad one at that. It sounds like you're doing great!

Tummy, 5 inches from your waist in a little over a month?! Wow, that is great. I am supremely jealous. You are so motivated and quite inspirational. Go Tummy!

Lily, I found that if I can hold out for an afternoon snack until 4 then I can usually make it to dinner alright. I have been having either some cheese or a boiled egg, or if I am starving, both of them. Good luck on your first day back full time!

Sounds like everyone has such busy days planned. Mine is just the usual amount of busy. Kids, work, spouse...all the normal stuff. Enjoy your boss-free day dottie. I know I always relish those days. I can get so much more done when the boss is gone! Have a great OP day all!!
Old 08-19-2003, 12:05 PM   #8  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Good morning everyone!

I am here with my cup of coffee, really working hard not to step on the scale! I figure after I drink my coffee, I will have added some weight to my body and psycologically I wont want to get on! LOL

my parent meeting last night for the daisy troop went well. it looks as if we will have 15 girls in our troop! I am very excited about that part! My co-leader brought cookies and told me to try these new ones she had. They did smell wonderful, and to not hurt her feelings after telling her no once because I was low Carbing it, I took the cookie and then hid it in my tote bag... when I got home I gave it to my hubby... it took some manuvering, but I did it! LOL!

I have officially been OP for 15 days.. today is number 16! I am thrilled with the energy, the weight loss and FINALLY my face is clearing up!Woo HOO!

I am off for a busy day! I will try to check in later!
Old 08-19-2003, 12:24 PM   #9  

Good Morning,

You know, after staying OP during my vacation last week, getting lots of walking in too...and after doing soooo much work outside over the last few days (like 4 hours worth just yesterday) and then jumping on the treadmill and doing 45 minutes, one would think I'd of lost oh maybe 1 pound...but nooooo, I gain 2, arrgghh. I'm so ticked!

But not enough to go off plan...since I know I've been doing well eating, I'm confused though, my carbs are between 25-30 grams, my calories are around the 1600 average, I walk or bikeride 4 days a week, so what could I be doing wrong?...I think I'll do Induction for the rest of this week and see if that helps.

Thanks for listening!

Sheshy
Old 08-19-2003, 12:32 PM   #10  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Hi Sheshy!

Could you be gaining muscle with all that exercise? Muscle weighs more than fat remember! Have you measured yourself? Or the other thing is that you could one of those (Like myself) who has a natural resistance. I am staying on 20 carbs for at least my first 3 months. I want to add a little fruit and nuts to my diet but other than that, 20 carbs.

Where in WA are you? I live in WA too! I am just about 30 minutes north of Seattle....
Old 08-19-2003, 02:40 PM   #11  
Slimwithin

You're not that far from me, Karen. Another 45 minutes and you'd be in my back yard in Langley, BC. lol
I had a totally laid back day yesterday and I don't plan to be much more active today. Still recuperating from my family gathering on Sunday and suffering occasional back spasms. Still, I had to clean up from a spill on Sunday. MY poor cousin was reaching for something in my fridge and knocked over a full jug of iced tea. Luckily it was sugar free so after damp mopping the floor it wasn't sticky but a lot of it ran under the fridge and beneath the veggie crispers. Easy to clean up when there's no sugar in it though.
I have to go out and buy a baby gift for daughter's SIL's new baby girl. You'd think with all the baby things I've been buying for future grandchild due in November that I'd have something suitable on hand but no, I have to buy something specifically for a girl and all my stockpile is gender neutral. I'm just waiting for our mail deliver on the off-chance that somebody has sent us a cheque that I could deposit while I'm out. I'm not holding my breath though. Funny how people are quick to send out bills but slow to pay them.
Old 08-19-2003, 05:37 PM   #12  

Angry

Hi Karen,

Yes, you're right, it could be partially muscle gain...and I think it could be water retention too. I hadn't thought about it, but we've been doing a lot of work outside the last 4 days, and I'd noticed my hands were getting REALLY puffy...so I'm thinking I'm not drinking enough water and the heat, my body is just retaining??? maybe!?

And weight loss for me can be so difficult sometimes, but it's strange, I'll lose quite a bit, then just stall for 3 or 4 weeks, then lose a few more...but, I'm trying to tell myself that the slow weight loss is better for me in the long run...but, the gaining I don't like a bit and could definiately do without!

Thanks for the encouragement!

I live about 50 miles south of Seattle, so we're pretty close!

Sheshy

Old 08-19-2003, 06:01 PM   #13  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Default Excuse me, but I've got a question

I'm sort of new here, so if this is the wrong place to jump in and ask a question, please forgive me. I've been on Atkins before and I'm trying it again. Staying on induction as long as possible to lose more. But with my long bike rides, I'm lost as to what to pack in my bike bag. I used to pack fruits and granola and lots of water. But now I have no idea what to do. Beef jerky? Nah, I don't think so. I'll still pack lots of water, but I need something to eat and something for energy. These rides can be rather long. Boiled eggs don't seem like something you'd pull out and eat when you're all sweaty and taking a break on the trail. LOL. So please, if anyone can help, I'm desperate (as my brother is planning a ride tomorrow and I'd like to find something besides water to take). I'm going to stop and try to find some Atkins bars, but I'm not sure that's what I want either. HELP
Mary in West Virginia
Old 08-19-2003, 08:43 PM   #14  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Hi mary. I was a big exerciser untill I started back tow ork. I do like those atkins bars but the best is the EAs low carb bars. I like to keep a stash around for just that purpose. Do remember that when you are exercising like that you will need to up the carb intake a bit to more like 40 - 50 daily after induction to keep up with your body's need.
Old 08-19-2003, 08:47 PM   #15  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Thumbs down Thank you Sue

Thank you very much. On my way to the store right now to try to find those bars. I'd try nuts and berries, but I don't like berries and neither aren't allowed yet. I guess I'll go with lots of water. Thanks again for the advice. Gosh, I hope this works!