Old 08-18-2003, 08:00 AM   #1  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Default Monday Monday Monday, Aug 18th

Morning everyone..........that new rooster we have isnt doing a very good job of waking the chickies Wakey Wakey everyone........Coffee is hot and strong!
Old 08-18-2003, 08:24 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning Everyone!

Tip of the Day: Do not lick your fingers after using nail poish remover, Oppsy I better check if there's any carbs in that .

But I digress, weekend went well, had a fabulous visit with my mother in law to be and got caught up on all the family's goings on. Turns out her doctor put her on Atkins to help with her cholestrol and blood sugar issues. It was hilarious, we stopped for dinner and were both ordering the same meal, then kind of looked at each other inquisitively. She just started a few days ago so it was nice going through everything with her, she even called me at 6:30am this morning to get advice on some foods, she doesn't have the internet so it's much more difficult. DF just rolls his eyes at me and laughs, of course why won't you and my mother be eating the same,(we get along a little "too" well) he's starting to feel left out I think.

Linda glad your family event went really well and is all cleaned up. Those are always so fun/stressful so it's good to hear everything went off w/o a hitch.

So, still totally OP, starting week 3 on induction today and that's a full 5 weeks of LCing it. Woohoo! So jumping into another week of fun and games at work.

Yesterday was just nasty hot here, when you opened your car door it felt like you were opening an oven, there was even this really strong horribly hot wind. We get a wee bit of a break today, 30 instead of 35! Yay.

Have a good one everybody!

Tummy
Old 08-18-2003, 08:27 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Thanks, Robin. I do love my coffee first thing in the morning and this will be the second cup. The first one was on the deck watching a lovely clear sunrise while The Girls chased each other around the yard. They are so full of fun and vim and vigour in the mornings. I am feeling all energized after my vacation although it took me three days to get the proper batteries installed.

Hershey and I walked several times yesterday and I'm amazed that my legs feel fine this a.m. I guess those harbourfront strolls in Nanaimo got them in shape. I hope to undo the off program damage soon but have changed my Sept 1 goal to something more realistic.

It's a beautiful cool morning here and not going to be a scorcher so it's no great hardship to leave the A/C turned off. I did do a laundry but hung it outside rather than use the dryer. We are expecting rolling blackouts this week as they re-establish the power grid so most conscientious folk are conserving energy.

After our walk "down street" for the paper, I am planning to cut back perennials in my front flower bed and see if I can get a bit of fall colour on its way. It's time to buy some mums to plug in - maybe tomorrow when I go to town for a haircut.

Welcome once again to all the new folks!

Raising my coffee mug and wishing everyone a Marvellous Monday.
Old 08-18-2003, 08:52 AM   #4  
WW Moderator

Good morning! Ruth, congratulations on staying in Onederland! At the rate I'm going, I might make it there by the time I'm 90. I'm going to SBD next week. Just can't lose on Atkins, and that is SO frustrating to try so hard and not get anywhere. I've never stood in place so much in my life!

I have a long day at work planned. We have a potential contract coming to visit tomorrow and we are trying to spiffy the place up. Our painter is stranded in Ohio with a broken down car, so I guess tonight we break out the paint and have a party. We really really need this contract! Business is bad and we might have to lay people off. I'm nervous about tomorrow. The manager is away helping in other centers and our QA person is coincidentally married to the painter, so she won't be here either! I have to do it all by my lonesome. If I make it through this successfully, I can do anything! (Except lose %(#@ weight!)
Old 08-18-2003, 09:01 AM   #5  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Ok, Im breakfasted and coffee'd, Im ready to post

Brad, I hope you know that Im just razzin' ya!

I have found some new protein drinks at vitamin world...it was actually really really good, BUT......I had a headache all day after I drank it. I suspect the culprit was the splenda. I have noticed this in some products after I eat it. 1 tsp is ok in my cottage cheese, then when I have a Fruit2o I have a slight headache, but after that protein drink, I was heading for the ibuprofin. I use the splenda in my herbal ice tea and it doesnt bother me, but then again, Im only using 1/3 cup per jug. Anyway its just too bad, I finally find a product thats really great tasting, and it gives me headaches. If you want to try it, its called Isopure, and comes in juice flavours. Bit pricey, but about the same as a happy meal $3.49 each.

Dd and I are heading out today to go b-day present shopping for hubby. We havent a clue what to get him..........he never wants anything, and always seems content with what he has. But he is like a little kid opening presents when he gets one, its so cute. We still have a week to find something special.

Its going to be a hot one, Im off to iron my shorts!! lol Have a great day ladies and gent.

Robin
Old 08-18-2003, 10:55 AM   #6  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Good morning all!

I sure had a busy weekend!

But My proudest moment was last night. I went to a friend's Stampin' Up party. Everyone there has kids at the school where my kids go. First off, all there was to eat was deserts; tarts, donut holes, lemon bars, and such. I didnt have a bite! I was so proud of myself. Granted it helped that I was up to my elbows in stamping!

My other proud moment.. I am down 4 pounds this week! (WI is today) for a grand total of 8.5 pounds! WOO HOO! In 2 weeks! I figure if I can do a minimum of 10 pounds a month... I will be doing great!

I will post more later but I have to go now before ds's Best friend comes over for a play date!

hugs to all!
Old 08-18-2003, 12:30 PM   #7  

Wow, excellent loss for the week! 4 pounds! I'd take 1/2 of that and be happy after no loss last week.

This is my second week of vacation, and this week I plan to take care of some home 'stuff'...painting and other fall outside clean up projects. DH will be going back to work tomorrow, so it'll be me and the 2 kids, we'll miss him, but we should be able to have some fun!

Today I'll be washing the other 1/2 of the outside windows and doing a little running around town...then back home, do my treadmill walk and do my first workout on the crossbow.

Eating has been a little 'off' shall we say...I'm not sitting down and eating a meal during the day...just grabbing stuff on the run. Luckily, I haven't been grabbing the wrong things to eat, but I need to get the eating time and location back to normal before I blow it!

That's it for me,
Sheshy
Old 08-18-2003, 01:42 PM   #8  

Hello everyone! I had a few slips this weekend. I drank more wine than I intended to Saturday night at a friends house and after adding up my carbs from yesterday I see that I went over the 20 limit. I thought I was staying within range, but I forgot to add in a few items that were in the salad I had for dinner. However, I weighed Sunday morning and I lost 4 lbs!! I just wonder if between the wine and the extras in the salad I will have put that back on. I guess time will tell.

Today I am back OP and ready to go. I can't remember who recommended the Leslie Sansone tapes but I ordered a set of them and they came in the mail today. I can't wait to try them.

Robin you should be very proud of yourself. What fantastic willpower you showed. I wish I had done the same with the wine. Give yourself a big pat on the back!!
Old 08-18-2003, 02:56 PM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Wine is not very high in carbs. Check it out in fitday. Now nobody tell that I said this!o
Old 08-18-2003, 03:02 PM   #10  

Thanks Ruth! I did check it out and I somehow stayed right at 20 for Saturday. At least both days weren't lost!! Of couse it is dangerous information to have.
Old 08-18-2003, 04:41 PM   #11  
Slimwithin

It was my WI this morning and I stayed the same as last Monday. 281. I'm still feeling pretty good though. I never thought I'd be able to resist all the food I'd prepared for my sis's birthday party yesterday but I think I got sick of it making it. LOL The wonderful fruit platter my cousin brought was hard to ignore but I did it. Then I broke down and had a tiny piece of cake and a tiny piece of pie with a dab of ice cream. My ketostick still turned pale mauve this morning though so I hope I didn't do too much harm.
As I mentioned yesterday, I wound up with 23 of us here. A very funny thing happened. The kind of thing you usually see on America's Funniest Home Videos. My ancient Aunt Rose is now in a wheelchair most of the time and she's deaf as a post and can't see too well either but I think she just enjoyed the change of scene from the seniors' home where she lives. Anyhow, she was getting out of the wheelchair to use her walker to get to the bathroom and, as she rose to her feet, her pants fell right down to her ankles. My poor grandson, 19 year old Anthony, who was sitting right behind her, got to see more of great aunt Rose than he would ever wish to. I couldn't help myself from laughing out loud. The poor dear is so thin and frail, I think she should probably have suspenders. Turned out she had them on backwards anyhow. LOL
Old 08-18-2003, 06:56 PM   #12  

Hi everybody...I came right here after work to read and post so I don't eat down the house!

Yesterday I bought $125 worth of groceries(a lot for just the 2 of us!) yet right now I just want to go get Taco Bell! I might get a taco salad just to shut myself up...

BJ's had the Atkins Indulge Icecream, 8 little cups for about $8.00. I had one last night and it was pretty good. I could eat four of them, however. LOL.

Got an estimate to paint the exterior of this teeny little cape...cedar shakes...$6000! Is that unbelievable? I don't think it would be much more than that to put on vinyl siding! We like the look of the cedar, but I guess I'd better find another estimate!

I'm pretty obsessed with money right now, our TO DO list is very long, and we wanted to get some things done before the bad weather- the painting and new storm windows in the upstairs...but this is looking like something has to give! I knew we'd have some big initial expenses in This Old House, but wow...

Well, waiting to eat has helped. I think a taco salad and an ice cream, then early to bed with a book!

Hi to all, great to see you back, Ruth...

take care,
dottie
Old 08-18-2003, 09:05 PM   #13  

Howdy!

My first day back to work went really well, but there were a lot of temptations out there. I got up at 5:00, it's amazing how quickly we can fall back into routine isn't it? We started with the district meeting at 8:00. Doughnuts, fruit, and fruit juice. None of which I can have on induction. That's okay, I ate a good breakfast. So I just took my water. I get back to my building and go to the teachers' lounge--more doughnuts! No problem, I had my beef sticks in my desk drawer. At noon we ate at HyVee. It was really kind of funny. I am doing Atkins, the second woman at the table is on WW, the third woman is doing Scarsdale diet. What is wrong with this picture? Then after school we had our annual BIE picnic. I could have had a brat or a hamburger, but decided to wait until I got home and have cold chicken. I stayed OP, but it was like the world was out to get me today.

Tomorrow is my weigh day. Wish me luck. I've really tried this last week. One little celebration, though. I was in the car turning the steering wheel when I noticed it wasn't rubbing my belly! It's been a long time since I could say that!

I love this board. It is wonderful to be able to come home and vent to people who understand. Thanks for listening (reading)

Karla
Old 08-19-2003, 01:22 AM   #14  
Slimwithin

Hey, Karla, that's a real milestone. I think we have an old thread somewhere about the little, meaningful milestones along the way as we lose weight on low carb and that was one of them. A gap between tummy and steering wheel. WAHOOO!! These are the things we have to keep in mind to bring out when we are feeling tempted or discouraged.
Old 08-19-2003, 05:07 AM   #15  

Thanks Linda. I need to focus on something. DH got home from the Ram's game at 2:30 this AM. I woke up talked to him for a few minutes and BAM!, I'm up for the day. I just can't go back to sleep. My rear is going to be dragging today.

Today is my weigh in day, so I stepped on the scale. A 2 pound GAIN! I don't know how it happened. I was legal all week. I don't think it's pre-TOM (mine is erratic, so it's hard to tell). I feel good and physically don't feel like I'm gaining, so I'm going to keep working the program. I'll give it another two weeks and if I don't see a change I may have to try something else. My associate principal is looking into getting a WW at Work program. I don't really want to go to the expense of that, but if that's what it takes, I'll do it.

Guess I'll go in to work a little earlier than usual. What the heck, I'm up. Later all. Have a great day.

Karla