Old 08-17-2003, 10:48 AM   #1  

Default LCFS week of 8-17

Good morning ladies,
Ok, I've decided it's a new day and I'm getting myself back to basics. I did BF this morning and then pulled out an old body sculpting tape that I use to use daily and then stopped when I got the Firm tapes (which I don't use because I cann't seem to figure out what to do or how to do it). I was somewhat surprised that I was still able to do the whole thing. It is challenging, but I like how I feel when I'm done. I'm going to balance this with using the gazelle every other day, so as not to over train or hurt myself. And of course, BF at least once or twice a day.

Yesterday, the temp was 100. We tried to sit outside for awhile and even though there was a breeze, it was like a furnace blowing on you. I did finish one garden, weeded and picked tomatoes. I plan on starting on the second garden today, but it will take much longer than one day to do and I'm not going to work on it long today. The temp is suppose to be even hotter today.
Poor DH. He had to work 8 hours over time and there was no ac in his building. Since it's a psych unit, the windows are screwed shut. He said it got so humid in there, the floors were slick and they had to run the fans pointed on the floors to keep people from falling. I can't imagine what the temp in there was. The patients were very unhappy, to say the least.

Anne, I read in the paper a few days ago that another healthcare worker has died from SARS in Toronto. I thought it was over with, but they said there were several people still hospitalized with it there. What's happening now? Your city has had it's run of bad luck and troubles.

The races are over and the fans are leaving today. The highway out front is practically bumper to bumper campers getting out of town. I'm glad, things will be back to normal by tomorrow.

Take care you guys, Nikki
Old 08-18-2003, 06:43 AM   #2  

Angry Monday morning...

We had a really nice day yesterday. A cool front came down from Canada and it was a relief from all the heat and humidity we had before. It's supposed to be like fall today, but as the weeks progresses it's supposed to be in the 90's again.

My in-laws are coming up later on this morning and we're all going out to lunch. We have a seafood restaurant nearby that is only open from Mem. Day to Labor Day. My IL's really like this place. They have the most delicious fried clams I have ever eaten, and I certainly get my fill while they are open. I know they are a definite no-no but I don't eat them any other time during the year. I am going to be good today because DH & I ate there Fri. night.

I got the Torso Trak out again this morning. I took a day off yesterday because I could really feel what I did Sat. I noticed that I couldn't stretch very far this morning. I at least want to be a little more toned than I am.

nikki, that's awful working in that heat with no a/c. Why don't they put it in so that the patients and workers can be comfortable? Is there a reason they don't put it in the psych. ward? Glad things are starting to get back to normal now that the race is over. We have NASCAR races not very far from here and they close 1 lane of the highway to make 3 lanes for the flow of traffic. DH went in July and he said it was a madhouse trying to get out of the track. Luckily someone who knew their way around the track told him how to get out without too much trouble then once he got out he knows the area pretty well so that he took back roads and missed a lot of the traffic jams.

Hi ANNE

Have a great day guys!
Aleka
Old 08-18-2003, 09:54 AM   #3  

Hi,
Aleka, I meant that the ac was out for a few days. It's back on now. They've had ac since 1982. Can't imagine what it must have been like before that.
So yesterday, it was 101. I worked in the garden for an hour and that's all I could do. DH is going to mow the yard today. He will take plenty of breaks and pour water on himself often. I will spend a little more time in the garden. Eventually, I'll get that one cleaned up.
At least with all this time indoors, I exercise more. Aleka, that torso track will really use some muscles. Be careful not to over do it and pull any thing.
Wish we had a good seafood place. I love lobster and crab. I love any kind of seafood really. Oyster stew, clam chowder. Oh man, I'm getting hungry, got to go exercise, take care, Nikki
Old 08-19-2003, 06:48 AM   #4  

Thumbs down Hi!

Had a nice visit with my IL's yesterday. I did have a salad for lunch, but ruined the whole thing by having onion rings for an appetizer. The onion rings are delicious at this place.

nikki, you are really getting an awful heat wave. I thought we were bad when it was so humid here. Gee, I hope with those temps your DH waited to mow the lawn after the sun went down and it was a tad bit cooler. So far so good with the Torso Trak. I am taking things slow because I usually pull something in my abdomen and it takes a few days to heal. Hopefully I will not have that problem this time.

Hi ANNE hope things are going ok with you.

Have a good day.
Aleka
Old 08-19-2003, 01:53 PM   #5  

Hi Everyone!
Toronto is still under a state of emergency as far as the power
goes. We can have black outs at anytime if demand exceeds
our limited supply. We are being encourged to turn off all
airconditioning units and all no essential lights. We are to do
our laundry between the hours of 8 pm and 4 am. Hopefully by
the end of this week the situtation will be improved as more
reactors go "online". We are in the middle of another heat wave
so this is really a major problem at the moment.

James ordered the "cable gym" we will add that one to the
body flex routine. I am trying to avoid buying clothes right now
because I can see my shape changing so fast.

Hope everyone is well!!!
Talk to you later.
Anne.