Old 08-05-2003, 07:57 AM   #1  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Default Traveling Tuesday, Aug.5

Starting up....
I need coffee but I will have to get it at the airport.
We are off to NC and packed and ready to go. I need a shower and a little breakfast and I am good to go. I can't believe that we will be 7 in a small house. I have my rollerblades so I can get away!

I had a golf lesson yesterday. I LOVE this man! ( he is a real cutie) He was able to fix my game in less than 30 min. We spent another gabbing and catching up.

OK off to hasve a shower. I will ck in fron NC....
Welcome Brad and have a good day chickies.
-L

Last edited by L144S; 08-05-2003 at 08:03 AM.
Old 08-05-2003, 08:25 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Height: 5'6"

Have a safe trip L!

This is so strange, I swear, I'm not a morning person at all, ever! Ever since doing this low carb thing it's in bed at 11pm and up by 6am, I used to sleep till noon if I could. Has anyone else experienced this?

And there's potato chips on my table, little brother from Dad's second marriage is staying with me until today and I woke up to ice cream in the fridge and potato chips! Luckily leaving for work soon so I don't have to look at that all day.

Another humid day ahead, have a great day everyone!

Tummy
Old 08-05-2003, 08:25 AM   #3  

Have a great time in NC! Sounds like you guys are going to have a blast!

I am day 2 of re Induction, I've fallen off the wagon so many times my butt hurts! LOL Feeling good this morning, made sure I had plenty of protein on hand for the inevitable munchies. day 2 here we come!

Off to drop in this morning for some MUCH needed play/coffee time--3 day weekends are hard on Miree with no one to play with. Plenty of friends will be there this morning--it's foggy outside!!

have a good one chickies and our new rooster friend Brad--welcome!
Old 08-05-2003, 08:39 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Height: 5'6"

Post The things we do...

Ok, potato chips and ice cream are in the dumpster and have been replaced with a note and a $20 bill. Much less tempting to eat money, and still OP. As you may have guessed still having cravings from the carb fest on Sunday but not gonna do it again.

Tummy
220/206/145
Old 08-05-2003, 09:28 AM   #5  

Talking woooo hooooo

Weighed this morning and down another pound! 9 total!
I have been sticking with it pretty well, still have to have the coffee in the morning, but I think it is a vice that I am not willing to give up and I am a kinder more gentle person when I get to have coffee! I did go out and buy some caffiene free diet pop yesterday so maybe thatw ill help decrease the caffiene input, especially at night. A few sleepless nights lately I am gonna chalk up to the diet coke!
Well I must be off to run some errands this morning before my busy day starts!
Have a great day
Lily
Old 08-05-2003, 09:42 AM   #6  

L... Have a good time in NC....

So you are a golfer??? That's great, it's a wonderful sport and you get great exercise if you carry your clubs and walk!!!
Old 08-05-2003, 09:49 AM   #7  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Way to go on the 9lb lilly!!

Pooky, hang in there, one day at a time, on hour at a time, 5 min at a time You'll make it

L, have a great time!

Welcome to all our newcomers!!

Im still on induction, and have noticed a definate stall. So far its taking 3 days for the scale to move. I'll check the scale again tomorrow. But having 2.5 glasses of wine, and an atkins bar to curb cravings, and calm nerves has slowed me down to a stop. Mind you it did the trick, and I was much better afterwards, and since. But still

I got my walk in yesterday and found my old Lou Bega (mambo #5) tape. Man, he certainly gets you moving! Im surprised it still works, thats the tape I used exclusively on the first 100lbs I walked away. It felt good

Salmon patties are made this morning for the week, Ive got a load of laundry in the dryer, and Im just about to get ready for work.

I hope everyone has a great day

Robin
Old 08-05-2003, 10:39 AM   #8  
Pending Email Confirmation

I safely escaped a carb raging event last night. My mother and sister(and her two teenagers) are visiting for the week. Last night was designated "pasta" and garlic bread night. The aroma in the house was enough to give me a major carb high, let alone trying some. I safely escaped outside and enjoyed a lc shake and bar. Whew... 3 more days..I can do it!!!
Old 08-05-2003, 10:55 AM   #9  
Mommy x 4

S/C/G: 230/160/150

Morning Ladies and Brad (Welcome)

Day is starting off as usual nekkid baby bouncing and lord help me peeing! Why do they learn to take off clothes first??? Need to get him in the tub, and start laundry! ha ha

Got some garden work to do today. Feeling better now, the sugar beast has subsided! Today's plan is to drink an extra 3 glasses of water! Perhaps get in a walk too, the heat seems to be bearable today.

Happy OP day!
Old 08-05-2003, 12:03 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 316/234/196

Height: 5' 3"

Morning All,

Welcome Brad & Raelynn & all the other new chicks! Good job everyone on (re) induction & wl! Way to go!!

Kids started camp yesterday, DS was so tired he fell asleep in the car on the drive home and DD thought it was Friday and wanted to know if she had camp next week too LOL! I'm getting stuff organized for DS 6th birthday party. It's the week before school starts so we're going to invite his new classmates (most of them, including him, are new to the school) but I'm getting hives thinking about having 20 kids at my house - WHAT IF IT RAINS ?!?!?

I'm also finally getting going on some spring cleaning. Our spring and early summer are always so busy that I've given up on spring cleaning and just aim for fall cleaning. We always try to do a toy cleanup/purge before the birthdays (DD is in Sept).

I've been OP the last two days but my system is still protesting a series of "minor" cheats (buffalo wings Sunday, chicken finger Sat, and so on).

-L have a good trip and we'll chat when you get back and get a group together to go see "Freaky Friday" - I love Jamie Lee Curtis!
Old 08-05-2003, 01:27 PM   #11  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Good morning everyone!

It is so nice meeting you all!

I am on day 2 of induction! I decided to get on the scale this morning just to see if there was any change at all... and I got the biggest surprise of my life! I am down 3 pounds! Now I promised myself that I would not get back on the scale until monday but I just had to peek! I cant believe it!

Now the kids and I are going for a walk. I had a Laparoscopy 2 weeks ago for my Endometriosis and was just given the go head to walk, bike or do the eliptical .. since I havent been to the gym in 3 weeks, I decided that I will start with a short walk to see how I am feeling. My muscles are really screaming at me.. but I cannot lift weights for another couple of weeks....

Just to introduce myself again, I am Karen, SAHM to 2 kids DS (almost 7) and DD( just turned 5) I am also a crochet pattern designer and have been published in several magazines. My goal right now is to design sweaters in sizes I actually fit in! Right now I have to design in 8/10 and I wear a 14/16.

Anyway... I thought I would check in and say hello.. and share my good news!
Old 08-05-2003, 01:42 PM   #12  

Hi all,

I'm happy today, it's the 4th day op for me and I'm feeling great. I have been using shakes and bars during induction (didn't know you wern't supposed to) I have just been trying to keep the carbs below 20. I need the shakes, because it's the easiest to use when i'm out or working. But I'm showing a loss, so as long as that keeps up, I'll be happy.

It's nice to start posting again. I went through a depressed period with my hubby being gone and everything. But I have been feeling great the past few days.

Now I do have a question for you all, I got a ketosis (sp?) strip from a frind and used it and it turned pink, what does that mean? Is that a good thing or not?

Ok, I'm done for now, I'll check back in later,

Bella23
Old 08-05-2003, 01:43 PM   #13  

Hello, LC buddies! Wow - I'm gone 11 days and here are a whole slew of new faces! Welcome!

We had fun in Florida but it is nice to be back home. Bry's team didn't do well BUT we later found out that the 4 team pool we were put it was with 2 teams that ended up going all the way to the semi-finals and the championship so that made our loses a bit easier to take. We did the airboat rides, 2 Universal Studio parks and went to Coco Beach. Movies and every evening swimming pool time with the team added to the fun. Hot/humid and daily afternoon lightening/rain storms but it wasn't really as bad (humidity) as I had feared.

Nice to see you all and looking forward to getting to know the newbies.

Kel
Old 08-05-2003, 02:12 PM   #14  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Wow! Lots of new folks! Welcome to everyone!

Um, Karen, can you help me? I started to crochet a sports car but ran out of steel wool. Any hope? (Sorry, old joke that came popping into my brain!)

I went slightly off program just now when I drove my PA summer pals back to their cottage after coffee. I had a beer! the first since last summer. It can't have done any harm because it was an American beer, not a real Canadian beer. Anyhow, that was my carb for the day.

We are sweltering here again today so no outdoor work for me. Our AC was not working again this a.m. but Mr. Fixit just put in brand new fuses and it is fine now. Mind you there must be another problem causing burn out but... Maybe it was the power outage the other night in the storm.

Lots to do to get ready for my trip west on Saturday a.m. I am hoping to be down a pound or two by then but......ham for dinner last night put me up a pound but I refuse to change my profile UP!

Have to do my big bad moderator rounds now. I'll check in later.
Old 08-05-2003, 02:30 PM   #15  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Quote:
Originally posted by Ruthxxx
Wow! Lots of new folks! Welcome to everyone!

Um, Karen, can you help me? I started to crochet a sports car but ran out of steel wool. Any hope? (Sorry, old joke that came popping into my brain!)
LOL Ruth! I never heard that one before!