Old 08-01-2003, 08:04 AM   #1  

Talking Fun Friday Chickie Chat Aug. 1st!

Can you believe it is AUGUST already!? Where has the time gone?

Got a coffee in hand, here's some cups, have a seat and enjoy

Taking Miree to daycamp this morning and I have to pick up a few things for the weekend. it's a long weekend--civic holiday Monday. Lots of tourists will be in town so I will be in hiding! LOL

Have been having OP meals, unfortuneately the snackies catch up with me and I'm doomed. I'm hoping to taper them off....

Have a great Friday everyone
Old 08-01-2003, 08:16 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Height: 5'6"

Post Goodmorning

Hi Pooky,

Thank goodness for other early risers! Got the coffee already and yay August long weekend is here, if only there weren't so many darn BBQs this weekend.

Another long day at work coming up, but lunch is packed and ready to go, out to a resturant tonight. I even had a darn menu faxed to me yesterday so I can predecide what to order and not even look at the menu while I'm there, I'm only 2 1/2 weeks into low carb so I'm still a little freaked out I'm going to want to jump into a vat of mashed potatoes. The cravings are gone but do you ever get over the fear that you'll want them anyway? any experienced low carbers have any answers? or hope? lol

Have a great day everyone

Tummy
220/204/145
Old 08-01-2003, 08:28 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Think of mashed potatoes as toe-jam! Sorry!

Dashing madly off in all directions getting ready to go to Advanced Obedience class in Kingston.

Big wave to all the Chickies. I'll catch up later.
Old 08-01-2003, 08:35 AM   #4  

Good morning early riser!

I'm into day 5 of low carbing and it's been great!! I have difinately had the desire to go off, when stress would hit but than I would think of putting that food item on the board and that would help.

This thread has been a great help to me this week. I'm just sorry that I won't be back on until Monday. I'm not so worry about tomorrow but Sunday when I have to work all day. I work in a restaurant and it's really great but I can't eat anything there but the crabcakes and steamed shrimp. I really want to make it through 2 weeks of induction before weighing myself. Sometime when I weigh in advance it makes me to excited and I cheat, feeling like I deserve it!

Anyway, I'm looking forward to not being here at the day job this weekend, it's such a stressful place to work but I'm hoping not to be here to much longer.

Until later on, have a great morning!
Old 08-01-2003, 08:39 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Height: 5'6"

Post Gross but thank you!!

Ruth,

You rule hun, that comparison helped believe it or not. I may never eat the darn things again!!

Tummy
Old 08-01-2003, 09:27 AM   #6  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning Everyone

TummyGirl....welcome to a great spot for support. Um, about the potato thing, Im glad Ruth helped you with that Ive never really liked potatoes, so I dont miss them at all. Sugar on the other hand is deadly for me. All I can say, is this diet has helped me control the "crazy" feeling I get when I want sugar. Hopefully it will do the same for you.

Kimbova, drink lots of water this weekend, waterlog yourself and snitch a few shrimps. You'll be fine. Oh, and stay off the scale!! No cheating until weigh in day

Dd and I have been fighting about juice......and you know its been such a big deal that I have limited it to one glass a day. I know its hot, but she has to drink some water......Ive never met a kid make such a fuss about water! Im also very fearful of her becoming hooked on sugar the way I am. I know how hard it is to get off it, and I know how hard it is to loose the weight, I dont want her to even start on that road. Never do I mention her weight (she's a skinny little thing) but I do tell her how bad sugar is for mommy, and how cranky it makes her. Its scary how much sugar is in snack foods, juice and breakfast cereal!! Not to mention the other stuff she wants.

Well I better get moving, I still have do to some cooking before I head off to work.

Have a great day everyone
Robin
Old 08-01-2003, 10:02 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 316/234/196

Height: 5' 3"

Well, it is raining cats & dogs here (not mine of course as they won't even put a toe outside when it's WET) so no trip to amusement park today.

We're going to do more back-to-school shopping (yuck) and then see if -L and kids are up for a movie.

Well enough procrastinating, time to go whip up some eggs. I considered having just blueberries for breakfast (my bush is in full bloom) but not enough protein to keep me going...

TGIF
Old 08-01-2003, 10:18 AM   #8  
Arizona Girl

Wink

Today is my day off, I set the alarm to work out at 4am, as usual ( I am a creature of habit, lol) but apparently as it is 709am, I must have slept right through it. My three year old spent the night with the grandparents, so maybe since we had such a nice quiet evening ...I must have just been in la la land. In anycase I have not done anything this morning. So I am off schedule, which will drive me nuts. I am about to throw a excercise video in the vcr and get to moving! It's raining outside and I really don't feel like walking in the rain to get to the gym (even though its on the other side of this apt building next to the pool)....I feel like I am having an Eeyore moment, ha ha.

Hopefully my day will perk up! I have tons of errands to run! I will later!
Hope everyone else is having a fabulous day!
Old 08-01-2003, 02:36 PM   #9  

Default WOW!

You work out at 4am?!?!?! Wow! Wish I could motivate myself to do that!

Just wanted to drop in and say hi! Don't have alot of time but I hope everyone has a great weekend and I'll be sure to write more when I'm stressing at home for Ice Cream!!!!! oooohh I could really go for some chocolate peanut butter cup Ben&Jerry's...NO BAD BROOKE!!!! Good thing I'm at work and have no money.....just have to stay clear of the Krispy Kremes! Oh look, time for lunch!

Ta Ta!
Old 08-01-2003, 03:57 PM   #10  

Wow girls, good going!

I have an 8 year old's birthday party tomorrow!!! CAKE COOKIES AND KID FOOD OH MY!

I am going to try and be innovative (steak cake lol j/k)

I draw alot of inspiration from you guys....keep up the good work and keep inspiring me. I need it!
Old 08-01-2003, 07:48 PM   #11  
Senior Chicky

Default Just a quick hi to all......

I've been trying to do stuff for real life all day on this puter (since 8:00 a.m.) , learning new programs, setting up new templates, etc., and seems like it's not going so well. I'm tired, **tchy, and computer illiterate.

to all! I'll try to post more later!

J

PS - I love to see everyone posting! Welcome to the newbies, occasional lurkers and old hens!
Old 08-01-2003, 08:12 PM   #12  

who ya callin an old hen?

rofl!

been sending you hugs, Janice!!

Hey and boo and to all!

peach
Old 08-01-2003, 08:14 PM   #13  
Senior Chicky

Thumbs down YOU !!!

My dear friend!! You may be an ol'Hen but always be a youngsta!

Thanks for ALL the hugs and Prayers. I know God and my friends have been with me. Thank you. Also thanks for Prayers for Susie and her dad. They left tonight to drive up to Illinois -- I'll know more next week!

Peachie -- BOO ain't gonna cut it! Get your J-Lo butt back in here and let us know how you are!!!
Old 08-01-2003, 08:36 PM   #14  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

How many more sleeps Peach?????
Old 08-01-2003, 08:48 PM   #15  

ten! Robin!!! Ya know, one of the things they never want us to have after surgery is juice!

J-lo butt???????????????????? Did you know that I have gained so much weight that I have a shelf you could serve a buffet on?

Im hangin in. went for blood work today, did hospital pre registration. Saw myself in a mirror and said, "now their is a good
candidate for
weight loss surgery!!" Kind of made me happy and I am looking forward to having it done with.

Love you guys

peach