Old 07-18-2003, 06:03 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 176/150

Height: 5'9

I've figured out a trick. If I get up around 6 a.m and run for 30 min., I have less trouble sticking to my food menu and goals of the day. However, if I am lazy and sleep in, I find that I consume more food and eat more carbs than I am suppose to! That is probably why I caved in and had a few pretzels today.

Back to square one and starting induction over again. This is one thing that bothers me about Atkins. One mess up and you must begin again for the two week induction! Oh well.

I finally bought the Atkins book, so I have a source right at my fingertips. Also, I am going to follow the example that many of you have set and post my menu plan ahead of time. I think this will help me stick to my goal better.

Sat. plan -
Breakfeast - 2 egg whites scrambled, decaf coffee with SnL
Lunch - small can of tuna, lettuce, slices of celery
Dinner - fish?, small salad, decaf coffee with SnL

Thanks everyone for the menu tips. I am going to try and make the Jello this weekend. Is the Knox Gelatin sold at local stores or specialty stores?
Have a great Friday night!
Old 07-19-2003, 12:26 AM   #32  
WW Moderator

Lizzie, you can get knox gelatin in regular grocery stores. I can't remember what section...maybe with canning supplies or baking goods, if it isn't with the Jello. Are you doing Atkins? If so, you should add some fat to your plan. When following ultra low carb plan, it is best that there is fat as well as protein. I know it is hard to get used to, we've been brainwashed to eat low fat for so long!

Today's menu

B smoothie, decaf coffee and creamer (I know not good)

L pizza burritos (pizza toppings in La Tortilla low carb tortilla)

S almonds

D salad, broccoli, "1/2 pound" (read: six little ones!) char broiled scallops on a suprise bed of pasta. Left the pasta on the plate. Still starved, so I had spinach artichoke dip on some tortilla chips. Not too many....stupid restaurant!

Tomorrow: black coffee, no restaurant. I'll learn!

Yesterday:

B smoothie

L grilled chicken with cheese, sauteed veggies

D steak and boiled shrimp, slaw, zucchini hash browns

S Golden Farm sugar free caramel candy and 1 Foster's Beer. Not the monster can, just a regular bottle. I was fed-up from a bad day, got a buzz and was happy again!
Old 07-19-2003, 11:53 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 207/207/185

Default FRIDAY, JULY 18TH

Breakfast:

2 scrambled eggs w/butter (1.2)
decaf w/cream (1)
=2.2

Lunch:
Salad (3)
dressing (.7)
3 pepperettes (1.7)
=5.4

Snack:
3 slices bacon (.7)
diet splenda drink (1)
=1.7

Dinner OUT! (jack Astor's)
caesar salad (3) (no croutons)
NY steak (0)
green beans (3)
butter (0)
some squash ?? (1)
=7

Movie night!
decaf w/cream (2)
=2

Total: 18.3

Froufie

P.S. Getting better and better at dealing with the popcorn smell. Just got hubby on Atkins...altho he is complaining, and complaining (what a wuss!). He is a 30 year addict to chocolate and sweets so he is really feeling those cravings (he's on day 5). He really wanted a box of the choc covered raisins...but I convinced this was not a good idea.!!! I am hoping he lasts thru induction but he is a very picky/limited eater so he may have some problems...I am trying desperately to help him out!
Old 07-19-2003, 05:16 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 207/207/185

Default SATURDAY, JULY 19TH

Timing all off!

9:30 am - Breakfast:
flax-o-meal cereal (0)
cream (2)
splenda (1)
= 3

3:30 pm - Lunch:
2 slices bologna (.2)
2 slices edam cheese (1.2)
2 leaves lettuce (1)
diet sd (1)
celery (1)
=4.4

Snack:
2:30 pm starbucks: decaf coffee w/cream (2)

7:30 pm? (after putting kiddy to bed?)
Dinner:
rib steak (0)
green beans (3)
onion/mushrooms (2)
vodka cooler!!!! - low carb (2)
lc cheesecake (4)
=11

Total =20.4, b

Froufie

P.S. I am feeling on the edge tdoay....big time PMS problems....want to eat, eat, eat...just sent dh out go get a box of chicken wings for possible attack later this evening. Will go over 20 carbs if I have to...but with "legal" foods and nothing forbidden!

P.P.S. Just remembered I have stashed an atkins bar somewhere for such an "emergency situation"...may need to eat it tonight if things don't improve!
Old 07-19-2003, 08:14 PM   #35  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Girls, I'm gonna start posting my meals on the depression board. I've tried posting in fitday, here and on the depression boards and its getting a little crazy for me...........so thats where I'll be. I'll pop in to check on yahs now and then.

Everyone !!!!!!!!!! thanks so much for all your advice and help...hope I've returned some too.

Hugs........... oofff to the nutty board.