Old 06-14-2003, 06:16 AM   #1  

Default June 14 & 15 weekend chatter

starting up!
Old 06-14-2003, 06:30 AM   #2  

Lots to do today, although I had hoped we would have closed on our house , but it was postponed til June 24th! I am upset because I've had to cancel work I had scheduled, and I was looking forward to getting started! It is harder to get a contractor here than the lawyers! If your plumber and electrician is ready to go, you'd better be ready!

So, I have to cool my heels, and am spending time looking at fabrics for reupholstering and will sew some pillow covers and maybe a plain tab top curtain for one room. And there is tons of packing to do.

Other than that, just groceries, cooking, a couple loads of wash, and quick flylady vacuuming, "just the middles." Then the weekend is mine!

Nice to see Adoannie back... and everyone else, of course!

Hey Adrienne, can I suggest something? (I am not a mom, but was a babysitter for years) It sounds like you've helped your sitter by talking it out, and giving her support. But in addition to having her tell her therapist, how about if you ask HER to tell her mom? Then you don't have to tell the gory details, but she has to share what's going on in her life with her mother- And mom gets in the loop- and the opportunity to be part of the solution. I think that's what the moms here are wanting- that you want to help your own kid!
By the way, a therapist should NEVER speak to others about the therapy. Especially with a teen, they shouldn't call you or anyone. Hope you get lots of good maid service out of her, I could use a penitent teen for a few hours!

have a good day!

dottie

Last edited by dottiejon; 06-14-2003 at 07:03 AM.
Old 06-14-2003, 07:13 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Thanks for starting us up, Dottie. I am up early as usual but sometimes my Girls and coffee take precedence over 3FC. Can you imagine that? It sounds like you are keeping yourself nice and busy which will help assuage your frustration over the move.

Today I have to read the Gospel at a memorial service for the husband of a friend. I am not looking forward to this as I didn't like the man even when he was alive! However, it will be closure for Shirley and her family. The event will to be held outdoors at their cottage on the Lower Lake and a cast of thousands will attend. Right now it is grey and wet out there so I am praying for a weather miracle before 2 this afternoon! Do you think I can wear my duckie boots with my navy silk suit? They are navy.

Yesterday was a rainy grey day when I tackled some of the things on my rainy day list. We did go to town to shop and finally got Harry a hammock. Came home and drank tea and read the paper. After ten minutes we realized we were re-reading the Thursday paper. Talk about stunned! For once in his life, Harry had put the paper neatly back in order and we'd forgotten we hadn't bought one.

The Girls are sweet and cuddly this morning so I may tackle Lucy's coat. She is overdue for a fur-stylist appointment and I really don't want to listen to "It took me two hours to comb her out before the bath!" whine. Shaddup, woman, you are collecting 92 bucks for the privilege of touching my furry child!

OK - another coffee. I just had cheese for breakfast so may add an egg. LC is going well for me this time. Pooky and I are neck in neck for a Canada Day move to ONEderland!

Have a great weekend, Chickies, and do one thing just for yourself.

Old 06-14-2003, 08:05 AM   #4  
she who must be obeyed

Good Morning!

Stopping by to say hello.

dottie, sorry your house closing was delayed. Hopefully the contractors will line up the way you need them to after the 24th.

And thank you for expressing to Adrienne what "the Moms" were trying to say. None of us want the little girl to get into serious trouble, but Mom needs to know.

Ruth what a great friend you are, putting aside your dislike for the man to do this for Shirley.

Janice......I too wish we were meeting at Stone Mountain again this year! And I bet you look wonderful!! Can't wait to see you again.

Off to start my Saturday!
Old 06-14-2003, 09:04 AM   #5  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Morning!

Doom and Gloomy day.

I have spent the last 2 hours tackleing my bedroom that has been the catch all for all the winter cloths that I have not been able to put away.

3 errands today
i have to return the kids skiis to the ski market I rented them from,
go to target and get the kids new socks, and then to the jungle gym place to get something new for the swingset. Poor kidddies have been using todler swings....I think it is time.

DH called from space camp. Older boy is having a great time, DH is not feeling well, I told him to buck up and pretend it is the time of his life.

Off to KFS later to let the kids watch a movie and play and and a little adult time too.

Adrianne,
i have to agree with kel,
as a mother I would want someone to tell me. I may not take it well, but i would want to know. That is all I can say because I don't know what I would have done had I come home and found what you found.
Pooky cute pic!
Ruth: good luck today...you have a way with words.

got to get back to the mess....
-L
Old 06-14-2003, 09:15 AM   #6  

Good Morning everyone

I have yet to decide what I am doing today--everything needs work--the house, the yard, grocery shopping--why is it I just want to crawl back into bed?

However I have found the best aerobic workout ever--lawnmowing. I mowed my front lawn and I was just drenched in sweat and guzzling water like no tomorrow. Hmmm....wonderif there was a few pounds lost in there?

Ruthie, enjoy the day and although you didn't like the man, your friend can now finally have the life she's always wanted.

Dottie, how frustrating for you! I hope everything settles itself out soon

Hiya Deb! Hope you have a great day

L, Enjoy your playdate--you deserve it after cleaning out your room

Have a good one everyone
Old 06-14-2003, 09:18 AM   #7  

Morning!

L...sending out hugs to you with your family situation.

yep, pooky, cutie kidlet!

Adrienne, the only thing that I can add is that we (as in me, you, she) are only as healthy as the secrets that we keep. I understand that things are not good for the babysitter at home, but I don't think it can get any better without it all coming out.

dh just came home from work, got to run!
peach
Old 06-14-2003, 10:15 AM   #8  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Happy Saturday

Pooky, M looks adorable!!

Ive got one of those withdrawal headaches today, and I have to say that getting back onto the chromium pic and L-carnitine have seemed to stop the really bad sugar cravings. Its like someone flipped a switch. So now, when I want something sweet to eat, its not so strong an urge that I cant handle it. I feel much better, and dont have the "crazy" feeling inside me anymore. When Im hungry, now, Im actually hungry.....nice to be back to normal

Should be pretty quiet at the store today. Today starts the annual Allen Town Arts Festival, which we will be heading to tomorrow. It attracts thousands and thousands from all over the world.

I hope everyone has a great day, Im off to make breaky, and lunches

Robin
Old 06-14-2003, 10:30 AM   #9  
It's MY Life

Morning Everyone!!
It is actually sunny, hot and muggy today--could it be that summer has finally decided to make an appearance????? I am very glad that the weather is cooperating. We are having a couple and their kids over for dinner tonight and grilled beef is on the menu, along with sitting on the deck and talking, sipping a vanilla vodka (only one I promise) and maybe playing some bocci ball. In the mean time I have major house cleaning to do before they get here.
Yesterday was spent in Father's Day shopping for DH, grocery shopping and then DS and I slipped in a trip to the movie theater too. We saw "Bruce Almighty" with Jim Carey. I am not a huge Jim Carey fan, I think a lot of his humor is way over the top, but this movie was really funny. It does have some bad language in it, but since DS is going to be a junior in high school I'm thinking he might have heard it before. Anyway the movie had some parts that about had me wetting my pants, course that might be from all of the iced green tea I had been drinking yesterday! It also had a nice lesson learned from it too.

Linda, I'm glad that you are planning to get over to see that new baby. That's nice of you to give them some settling in time--I know that will be hard to wait for!

Dottie, Congrats on buying a new house--are you staying in the same area or relocating somewhere? Sorry that they delayed your closing. That is a bummer! Are you making slip covers for your furniture? I always watch those shows like "Trading Spaces" with envy. I don't know how to sew!

Kel, is the baseball season in full swing? My summer basketball "bleacher butt" is coming along nicely!

Adrienne, hope it doesn't feel like we all ganged up on you. We all just want to help. Good luck to you with this.

Ruth, good luck to you at the Memorial Service. I agree, I think that it is wonderful of you to put your friendship for that lady above all of it.

DebKay, band camp started up yet?

Pooky, what a wonderful picture of your sweet little girl--thanks for sharing.

L, good luck with all of your errand running.

Hey to you Peach--how are you doing???

Okay, I need to get going on that housecleaning thing!!! Take care ladies and have a good Saturday!!!
Old 06-14-2003, 01:19 PM   #10  

Nice to see you check in, Debkay and Peachie Keen.

Adienne - Annie is right, we didn't mean to gang up on you - we are just concerned moms. I think it is great that you are really connecting with this girl. My daughter and I are so close that we finish each others sentences and it would just break my heart to know that she was going thru a crisis like this and wouldn't/couldn't/didn't tell me so we could weather it together.

AdoAnnie -Cody (13) is just finishing his Pony season and will be doing All Stars next - practice everyday with the tourney mid-July. He hasn't gotten his growth spurt yet but is a GREAT little ball player. Bryan (14 - the big guy at 5'11" 180) has been on a traveling tournament team for over a year now and has been pitching as the 'closer'. His team has done very well and we have been doing fundraising like mad as we are all going to Orlando at the end of July for the team to play in the USSSA 14-u World Series!

With all this going on this summer I barely have time to get in some client work!

Glad that your son is doing well with his basketball. Maybe a scholarship is in his future??? Senior year is upcoming for Melissa also - how in the world could _I_ have a senior? Scary stuff....

Kel
Old 06-14-2003, 07:47 PM   #11  

Okay, who has room for me up North? 92 degrees and the a/c decided to quit. I'm supposed to be doing my Biology homework, but the heat has fried my brain.

I guess it's not all bad, while its so hot I don't want to eat. I found out this morning that I've crept back up to within 3 pounds of my highest weight. Back on induction for me.

Pooky, that picture is too cute. Do you scrapbook?

I've got lots more to say to everyone, unfortunately it escaped in my brain meltdown.
Old 06-14-2003, 09:09 PM   #12  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

OMG it is the weekend??? I did not even notice!!

Hi to all and well I have been over worked and exxhausted and then on top of all that thrown into a huge delema!! I will start a new post for that.
Old 06-15-2003, 06:07 AM   #13  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default A Sunny Day At Last - so far!

I just broke out of Induction by eating 5 dried apricots! My fasting blood level was 2.5 this morning which is NOT good so I had to get it up fast. (Gee, they tasted great!) I guess I need to adjust my meds when I am being a pure low carber.

Yesterday's service went very well. It didn't rain. Everyone could hear me when I read. I didn't eat any of the goodies. I helped clean up. I even thought of something good to say about George. I guess I was rewarded for being so frassing perfect because I lost my wallet later and it was returned to me within 1/2 hour of realizing it was missing. I think I should get plastic surgery to form a built-in wallet somewhere on my body because I am wallet keeping impaired. Maybe inside a boob? Lots of room there.

Church this morning and then I may bung in some more seeds. I'm all pleased because the ones I put in last week are up. This afternoon we go to a BBQ at Claire and Doug's house which should be fun. I have to work in my Gail tidy sometime too so I can avoid the Monday morning marathon.

The Girls are wild this morning and are outside playing. Lucy is running figure eight's and jumping right over Hershey's back. Hersh is in there too but not running much. She has still not lost her puppy attitude which is wonderful. And she has not lost any weight! As soon as this heat period is over, I will start trudging her around more. There are too many unaltered males roaming the village to feel safe walking her out there. Male dogs I mean!

Well, BGL is up to 4.5 so I guess I'll live. Now back to Induction I go!

I hope everyone has a glorious Sunday.
Old 06-15-2003, 06:11 AM   #14  
she who must be obeyed

Good Early, Early! Sunday morning! My 20 year old came in at 5am, the security ding-a-ling went off in my bedroom, so now I'm wide awake.

Oh to be 20 again My son and a bunch of people he works with, decided to have a midnight cookout last night. The Ice Forum (where they all work) closes late and they wanted to eat together........so a cookout it was. One of next weeks dinners, a London Broil was "my" contribution.

L I've heard that Space Camp is something else! Poor hubby, hope he feels better.

Robin I love hearing about your store!! Hope the Festival brings lots of businees to you.

Annie good to see you! No, band camp has not started yet Are you ready for football season.....it's right around the corner.

Hi Kel.....my daughter is a Senior this year also........but she is my last one! When will your daughter have her Senior portraits taken, my daughter is scheduled next Thursday. Of course we had to have our hair colored last week, can't have two-tone hair int he picture They do grow up fast!

dyan, feel like coming "north" to Atlanta? Just had our downstairs central unit repaired and we have a bed in the den!!

Sue I saw your dilemma post...I don't have any advice. I know you will make the right decision.

Pooky that pic of Miree is adorable..

peachie my friend

I had a great Birthday yesterday. Hubby took me out to Carrabba's for dinner. And....peachie are you sitting down......he gave me a pair of diamond earrings! peachie is well aware that moths fly out of my husband's wallet when he opens it, thats why it is so surprising.

I wore one of my new "girlie" skirts out to dinner last night. I FELT LIKE A GIRL!!! I never knew I was a real girlie-girl but I am!! Hubby took a couple of pics, if I can figure out how to post them I will.....even after shrinking them it always tells me they are too big. If someone can give me some hints I'll try.

Hope my Sunday paper is here, nothing better than a cup of coffe and the Sunday paper and the sale ads.
Old 06-15-2003, 06:12 AM   #15  
she who must be obeyed

Hi Ruth we were posting at the same time.