Old 05-28-2003, 06:06 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default The Cluck - Wednesday, May 28

Good morning, sleepyheads! Rise and shine!

Scambled eggs and Canadian bacon is ready as is the leaded coffee. I will supply decaf for the Atkins purists!

My visitors were here right on time yesterday and left with a trunkload of plants. Hershey barked and barked despite her collar. I guess citronella is not a deterrant for her. She likes oranges and grapefruit so..... Back to square one on the barking problem. I worked outside in the morning until I was soaked to the skin and cold. Wet I can handle but not cold and wet!

Today it is gloomy out there but not raining yet. Lurker Lorraine is bringing me plants for the Fair Grounds and we are hoping to get them in the planters this morning. Wish us luck!

Have a good day!
Old 05-28-2003, 06:31 AM   #2  

Cool What a day!!

My husband and I went to a federal agency today in Boston Massachusetts. We stood inline outside for two hours in freezing cold winds, along with hundreds of other people. This agency is INS office. Well if you want to be degraded and made to feel like you are less than human, this is the place to go. We were so rudely treated by a employee there. Anyways it was a wasted trip and it totally affected my eating this day. I ate everything I could. I also received my new Suzanne Somers book so i will be checking this out today. I am ready now to get serious. I need to do this. My husband and I have some challenges ahead of us, so they will be some difficult days. But i am going to try. Have agreat day everyone!! Marben
Old 05-28-2003, 06:32 AM   #3  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Morning Ruth sand all to come!
Jiff I hope you are better rested today and can plow through another day...
Robin BERRY NICE!!!!

Have to get the kids up, My in laws leave today(phew!!!) we went out to dinner last night and behold my BIL and SIL were NOT invited!

Their names never came up but I know they all are thinking the same thing.

I have to get the kids up......
have a good day.
-L
Old 05-28-2003, 07:13 AM   #4  
Big Loser

Morning all!!

Marben sorry about your bad experience yesterday.....

Kids to the dentist this am and then off to the airport! Stomach is better but not perfect so we shall see!!!

Have a good day everyone!
Old 05-28-2003, 07:17 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

Good morning! Challenges are good. They will make you strong.
Old 05-28-2003, 07:36 AM   #6  

Morning Ladies,

I have butterflies in my tummy this morning as I prepare to attend my exit meeting. I will still work until Friday. It is very weird coming to work each day knowing the end is near.

Does anyone know the carb counts of wine? I find it helps my nerves in the evening.

Anyway next Monday I am beginning my new life full of exercising, eating right and getting my home in order.

hugs to you all.
Old 05-28-2003, 07:42 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

Dry wine is fairly low in carbs. However, it does stimulate your appetite - or else it just makes you lose your self-control! That being said, I'd go for it given your current situation.
(((Jenny)))
Old 05-28-2003, 09:25 AM   #8  

Default Morning Ladies

Thanks Ruth for waking us up so nicely this morning--
((((JENNY))))) (((((MARBEN))))) aw what the hey I think we could all use a hug!

Jenny-tell me what kind of wine you are drinking--
Red-2
rose-1.5
white-1-2
sweet vermouth-8
I have a book with all the counts-if you really want to know-I say screw it if is helping you relax some during this time.

Well, I am getting ready to go walk again-my DH told me it is 8 laps for 1 mile--I thought it was 4 laps-that is all I did yesterday-I need to figure it out. It is a track outside of a football feild-sheesh-maybe someone will be down there today to ask. the 4 laps was quite enough for me yesterday!

Robin--VERY NICE!! Just how sturdy is that??
Well-stayed OP yesterday-was up to the bathroom like 3 times last night-so the water is definitley going in and back out.

Have a great day all!

Miss D
Old 05-28-2003, 09:31 AM   #9  

Good Morning everyone!

Jenny, my thoughts are with you this week, I am so sorry you are going through this.

marben, my dh and I went through the same experience with the Canadian Immigration office--lovely people they have working there, right?

Ruthie, glad to see you eating a proper LC brekkie--no more sugar on toast!

L, glad you dodged the family bullet--gosh the holidays have to be hard...

Robin, you wanna come and make one for me?

Hey Rachel where are you going? I hope a nice place!

As for me I have to decide what it is I am going to do today--either I go to Orillia to do some grocery shopping and shopping for dh's birthday present (Friday's his birthday) or I do it tomorrow morning. I'm suspecting I may go after picking up M at school. I'm getting dh a copy of the Matrix dvd--I know he will love it. I also need to get an answering machine because mine is on the fritz.

Have a good day everyone!
Old 05-28-2003, 09:41 AM   #10  

Talking Good Morning Ladies

Well I am sure glad it is Wednesday! Weekend just around the corner, Although, I will have tons of things to do But at least it will not be work. Hey ladies all of ya'll seem to be pros at this atkins thing. It has all been going fine and all, but just one problem. My husband and I are youth pastors (my 2nd Job) and next week we go to youth camp for 5 days, well 3 for me! Anyways, its in the sticks and I cannot bring my own food due to ants and such, and you cannot leave the camp grounds. They prepare "school lunch" kinda of food. What I remember from last year, it was sweet cereal and sweet buns for AM, like a sandwich for lunch and whatever for dinner. Here's the thing, I will on be on my second week on induction. What should I do about food???? I mean, I am the type that cannot be in the sun doing activities with no food, I will pass out. But if I eat this "forbidden food" (which is not that good anyway) will it throw me way off for the like 2 days I will have to eat it? Please let me know I don't want all this to go down the tubes! Although, I will try to sneak in some string cheese and slim jims but that will not work for every meal!
Any suggestions will heilp

Nice to see everyone this morning, trying my best to get to know ya'll.
Old 05-28-2003, 09:56 AM   #11  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Tonya take some of those bags of tuna they will keep and stay fresh. and steal some packets of mayo, pack several boxes of those low carb bars (given the situation you will need them) Chicken in the can also is a good food. vegies well you will have to skip that. and I also bet that you will find that you will not have as much of a problem with passing out as you did last year!! no swings of the sugar!!Eat your hot dogs out of the bun People do look at you funny but what the heck!!, and when you do eat off plan try to stay away from the obviously sugared stuff. Yes the slim jims and string cheese is a great idea!!!

{{{{{{{JIFF}}}}}}}} I sure wish I could help!! come un up for a vacation (I know I am working so much I will not be a bother!! )

{{{{{Marben}}}}}}}} I wish I could hlep but I know not what you are gong through. but dust your self off and get back OP!! atleast you have control over one area of your life!!

For me life is busy I need to get things done today as i have not another day off till next week. (also the light is shining on the puter screen and I can not see a thing any more (time to put up the rest of the shades I bought last week)

I will see you alll later!!!
Old 05-28-2003, 10:01 AM   #12  

Thanks for the advice Nasus, I did not think of tuna packets. Although, I would have to sneak it in.... There are strict rules on food and drinks being brought to camp. I think its cause of the ants and they want to sell you high price JUNK! Perhaps, I will sneak in.....Lordly, I feel like I am in school again! I will have to hide just to eat my food!

Thanks I will do it! Also, what low carb bars can I buy?
Old 05-28-2003, 12:17 PM   #13  

Angry Good Morning (whoops - afternoon)!

Still cloudy and cold here on the Jersey Shore, but at least it's not raining (yet).

Tonya - you might want to slip in some summer sausage as well - it packs well and can be kept closed up in a ziplock for 2 days easily. I mean if you're gonna break the rules, may as well break them with good tasting stuff too.

Marben - I apologize for downtown Boston - we're not ALL like that, honest.

Looking at how all of you are working in your programs amongst so many responsibilities, makes me feel guilty for complaining about anything. For the first time in my life (all 52 years of it) I am entirely on my own with no family or community responsibilities. I am in our vacation house in New Jersey and my DH just returned to Boston. I will be here for 4 weeks with nothing to do but rest, exercise, walk, eat OP, and re-center myself. I do have some courses to write and a lot of online research to do (I teach Women's Studies and English at a local college) - but all at my own pace. And I soooooooo want to take advantage of this time to set up an eating plan and pattern of exercising that I can live with forever.

This is turning into a journal entry - so I'll stop!

Lemonade
Old 05-28-2003, 02:13 PM   #14  

Lemonade the summer saugsage sounds great! Man, I will get busted bringing all this food! I do need something through that will not attrack any ants, or I'll be busted for sure!

.....wondering if summer sauage can be smell through zip lock. hmmmmmm????? Would I like summer sauage if I were an ant?

If I do get busted I will be like who me sausage?

Thanks Ladies

Last edited by wanttheoldme; 05-28-2003 at 02:15 PM.
Old 05-28-2003, 02:47 PM   #15  

Here I am ---this is the worst time of the day for me--mid-afternoon. I soooooo want to go in the kitchen and stuff myself with potato chips, cookies--whatever!!!!!! If I can make it past this next hour and 1/2 then I am home free. I am munching on some BBQ Pork Rinds and ranch dressing--but they are kindof stale and just not doing the trick--keep me out of the kitchen!!!!! The water is making me want to puke...........OH I look forward to supper!

Enough whining....I'm thinking about going to live with Lemonade! I really am not that much bother hon-just keep me outta the kitchen

I went for my walk this morning--I still only did the 4 laps-I can't believe that is not a mile--I listened to six songs on my wlakman-so my plan is to put the CD in downstairs and walk on the treadmill and see how far I go--I know it will vary some because of speed-but I should know if I am going a mile or not! I will be so mad if I am not!

Well, I am going to POGO to play some to keep my mind off the kitchen!!...........

Miss D