Old 03-12-2003, 02:13 PM   #1  

Default Just checking in;

Hi all, it's been awhile since I have checked in. I have to say I have completely fallen off the wagon on this since Saturday. I had the worst headache ever. I ended up eating some carbs, then my body didn't know what to do with them. So I guess I'll go back to it again since I don't want to gain a bunch of weight. Anybody got any suggestions on the headache? Maybe I wasn't eating enough carbs before I don't know. I was a little under 20 carbs for a couple of days. Anybody else experience any adverse effects? I'd be happy to hear from you. Judy
Old 03-12-2003, 05:56 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 164/125/115

Height: 5'6

Post I have some advice.....

Though Dr. Atkins wouldn't like it. Caffeine. Drink a cup of coffee. Sounds crazy, but it will cure those afternoon foggy headaches. Best of luck Judy.
Old 03-12-2003, 09:30 PM   #3  

Hi thanks for the advice, Unfortunately I am a coffee fiend. Haven't been able to give it up. I have shifted back to low carbing,as I don't want to gain a bunch of weight I still have 30 pounds to lose. I ran out of a couple of my supplements and that could have brought it on, and maybe my carb count was too low who knows. I'm glad to know I'm not the only person who thinks coffee is good for headaches and stuff, have a great evening. Judy
Old 03-13-2003, 05:38 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Two aspirins and a cup of coffee works for my headaches!
Old 03-13-2003, 03:41 PM   #5  

I'm especially fond of LC Lattes. I do try and limit them though, but if I need a pick me up that does the trick. I have finally replaced all of my LC books except the the one about
life Without Bread. I don't think I'm going to lend them out any more. I ordered Atkins new Book from Amazon about how to eat when you reach goal. I'm hoping to be close to goal by August. It's probably not wise to put a time limit on myself, but I think if I make a goal it'll be easier to stick with the plan. Haven't had a headache since Sunday, I hope I don't get another one. Have a great day,
Judy
Old 03-13-2003, 04:04 PM   #6  

Judy - DH just bought me Atkins new book this weekend. I haven't gotten into it yet, but it does look interesting. I'd like to be to goal my June 1, but I doubt it happens.
Old 03-13-2003, 07:18 PM   #7  

Sometimes though I think it is beneficial to have a goal to work for. It makes you aware of what you are trying to accomplish. My book should be coming any day now. They e mailed me and said they sent it. Judy