Old 03-09-2003, 07:47 PM   #1  

Question Atkins and Pregnancy

Hello All,

My name is Shanda and this is my first time posting on this forum. I think this is great.:-) I am an advid Atkins Dieter! I have started and stopped all to many time. I first did the diet in Jan 2001 to lose weight for my wedding (April 2001). It worked and I looked fablous but then came the honeymoon and chocolate cake became my best friend again. My husband and I ate until our hearts were content and then ate some more. I never stopped eating after that.

Over the last year I have started and stopped (well actually just cheated and never got back on the horse) at least 3 times. I am back on again and doing well(at least for this first week I am). Ok I am getting to my question. I am not pregnant now but I hope to start trying soon like May or June. I am concerned about gaining all this weight back and more while pregnant. Also I am concerned about if it is healthy to be on a low carb diet while pg? My friends say have the baby now and lose weight later but I feel so unhealthy and want to be able to have good eating patterns in place b4 I get pregnant. I welcome any and as much input as you all can give.

By the way I am 30 yrs old, 5'7", my current weight is 185 my goal weight is 150. I was 195 last week but hten i started Atkins and am doing well so far. Thanks so much for your input!

Did I also mention that I work at home and I sit on my behind 247 in front of the computer all day?
Old 03-10-2003, 07:52 AM   #2  

Hi Shanda,
I just looked in the Atkin's book and it says that pregnant and nursing mothers may do the Lifetime Maintenance, but NOT the weight loss part.
Hope this helps!

Annette