Old 02-28-2003, 10:20 AM   #1  

Angry Feb Challenge Check-In

1. State your plan - Atkins More days OFF than ON, I blame the cold I had for 2 weeks.

2. State your weight loss goal: I want to lose 5lbs this month I lost 1 pound. Actually I lost 3 and then binged and gained 2 back.

3. State your emotional goals: I want to maintain my attitude now that it's improved. WooHoo! I did manage not to kill any co-workers this month, I count that as a win!

4. State your water intake goal: 80 ounces Nope, not even close. I doubt I got in 80 ounces of water total for the month.

5. State your exercise goal: I just joined a new gym, so I want to go 2x a week this month. I went 3 times to the gym all month. I did do gardening and housework though for extra activity.

6. State your other goals, whatever they may be: Cut down on TV time and remember to take my vitamins.
I did reduce the TV time. More time with DH and house-stuff. I was doing well on vitamins until the cold.
Old 02-28-2003, 10:29 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default I Was Dreading This Day

1. Plan
Dr Bernstein's Diabetes Solution

2. (a) Weight loss goal
I have to be realistic! Goal is to weigh less than I do today - 209208

(b) Blood Sugar Goal
to keep my BGL in the OK limit by remembering to take meds I took the meds and have been OK most of the time. This end of the month it has gone UP because of my cold and the meds

3. Emotional Goal
Get over the morning lethargy and back into my springtime mode. I am perkier in the mornings now that it gets bright earlier
I will also try to be more positive about DH's ailments and stop whining about how much I have to do. Have really made an effort to by sympathetic and have stopped most whining

4. Water intake
Increase to at least 6 glasses per day. I am rotten at this! Well, I'm just at 6 most days

5. Exercise goal.
Walk to the Post Office and Library more often - weather permitting. Get out and use my walking tapes. Weather has NOT permitted! Got the tapes out and did them twice.

6. Goals
To get my sewingroom back in tip-top shape.Still not done!
To get rid of junk! Pack it away for a yard sale or give it away!I did lots of this. There is a pile of boxes on the porch waiting for the yard sale
Old 02-28-2003, 12:33 PM   #3  

I was hoping we would skip this!

1. Plan: Atkins
2:weight loss: wanted 10 happy with 4 considering a couple of totally off plan days I had

3: Emotional Goals: I have been much more patient with hubby and have not tried to kick him out all month. He in turn is eating what I eat so I don't have munchies in the house to cheat on.

4: water: not a problem-the water bottle never leaves my side!

5: exercise: started off great but have only walked a couple of times in the last two weeks--Ruth is right it is way too cold!

6: Goals can't remember what I said but I am happy with life and don't feel like I am going to cry all the time. I am starting to like who I see in the mirror and accept her!
Old 02-28-2003, 02:00 PM   #4  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

I refuse to report on the grounds that I may incriminate myself

This month has been a total write off...maybe a total of 6 days OP

But tomorrow starts March......maybe with the promise of spring, things will be better.
Old 02-28-2003, 03:02 PM   #5  

Wait a minute Robin... Didn't you reach One-derland this month? I'd say that makes for a good month.
Old 02-28-2003, 04:59 PM   #6  

Question

Hey, are you going to do this for March? If so, I'd like to join in!
Annette
Old 02-28-2003, 05:50 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 164/125/115

Height: 5'6

Angry Oh me too! Count me in!

Great Idea Nettie! Is there a March challenge? sounds like just what I need to get focused. Count me in.
Old 02-28-2003, 07:22 PM   #8  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

I did Dyan.....but my tom has been trying to arrive for about 3 weeks (Im not kidding) Ive got some major water retention in my "floatation devices" and Ive been off program ......Im not even willing to get on the scale and see if Im still in One-derland.

But I am willing to try again in March
Old 03-01-2003, 12:38 AM   #9  

ok I stayed perfectly OP te entire month. I lost 4 pounds and I had hoped to lose 8 ButI'm stil happy with taht 4 pounds! I pledged to drink 8 glasses of water. I'm now doing 6-9 a day. I also wanted to walk three times a week. I don't think I hasve quite averaged that but I have started walking almost every day now! So all in all Feb was a good month!
Old 03-01-2003, 11:51 AM   #10  

Hey--How do I bring my last months post to here??
Old 03-01-2003, 12:03 PM   #11  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

You can go to the last month's post. Highlight it (using Select), copy it (using Copy) and then Paste it (using paste). Then edit the post.
Confused? Yell for help!
Old 03-01-2003, 09:32 PM   #12  
Ready!!!

I did NOT loose one pound

I did drink my water
I did walk
I didnotdo any weight lifting,
I didnot stay on program

I did have good intentions,

just think of how bad I would have felt if you all would have done what you said you were going to do, and I didn't.
Thanks Chicks
Tazcat

Last edited by tazcat; 03-01-2003 at 09:37 PM.
Old 03-02-2003, 11:15 AM   #13  

Here goes!!

1. STATE YOUR PLAN
I am going to continue Atkins, and maybe add some more veggies. YES I STAYED ON ATKINS--AND ADDED VEGGIES!!

2. STATE YOUR WEIGHT LOSS GOAL
I would love to lose 15 pounds this month, but will make my goal 10 pounds. POEEY ON THIS--LOST 6.4 POUNDS

3. STATE YOUR EMOTIONAL GOALS
I am going to take it one step at a time, PATIENCE is my goal for february. PATIENCE ELUDED ME MANY TIMES THIS MONTH

4. STATE YOUR WATER INTAKE
I will continue to up my water intake, and my goal is 9 glasses of water a day. NOPE

5. STATE YOUR EXERCISE GOALS
My goal is to do 3 days of aerobic exercise and at least 2 days treadmill and weight training. NOT THIS ONE EITHER

6. STATE OTHER GOALS.

Finding a job, at home doing my Medical Transcription is definitely a goal for February. Check my job web-sites daily, and send out resumes!. Also I will take a MV everyday, and buy a new scale!!!!
SHEESH--ONE OUT OF SIX!
Wish me Luck all--as I wish you all the Best this Month!

Miss D

Last edited by Miss.D; 03-02-2003 at 11:20 AM.
Old 03-02-2003, 08:29 PM   #14  

Hi Everyone

I did not follow the Atkins diet very well, tried to follow a slightly low carb/low cal thing. I did lose 8 lbs this month . I do need to exercise and I know I can do better but the weather here has been so cold to walk and go out, I hate the winter. The older i get the more I hate cold, lol. I have kept up with my water drinking, I do try to drink a Brita water pitcher a day and then some.

Hope to do good this month, this dieting thing is tough work.

Good luck everyone for the month of March.
Old 03-02-2003, 09:38 PM   #15  

Thanks Dyan! I forgot to do this before I left!

1) State your plan
Atkins now on maintenance

2) State your weight loss goal
I am going to manage 5 pounds--and that means to be officially in onederland! I PROMISE to do this! After weighing in today, I can specifically say that my new goal is to be 198 at the end of February OK, I promised but my body had other plans, lost one pound to 202

3) State your emotional goal
To continue to find other things to do with my hands
To catch myself in the act when I start to "graze" have now taken up pacing when under stress--I think I should actually start doing some exercise at these times to burn off my stress

4) State your water intake goal
Since it is freezing cold up here, and the water might as well be ice, I am aiming to take in more tea. I am going to have a chat with the lady at the health food store to find out which ones my body will benefit from most. I have ginger tea here my inlaws sent so I will be having at least one cup of that a day.I have increased my tea intake and I am pleased with what this has done for me

5) State your exercise goal
Since I know I am lousy at any sort of organized exercise, I am going to continue taking my pup for walks. Hopefully as the weather gets warmer, we will go for longer excursions!Haven't done this, unless you're the kind of person that enjoys being frozen to a solid brick then this isn't going to happen till the spring

6) State your other goals, whatever they may be.
To whittle down the massive debt we've incurred this month due to unforseen circumstances. A miracle! I have actually succeeded at one goal this month! LOL