Old 02-11-2003, 02:53 PM   #1  

Default Applebee's Steakhouse Salad OMG!!!

I went out for lunch today and had Applebee's Steakhouse Salad and OMG!!!! IT WAS AWESOME!!! I order the half size which was plenty big. The steak is very good, cut in strips on a nice bed of mixed greens topped with crumbled blue cheese and an excellent vinagrette. Also has tomato slices on one side and red onion rings in the other. Very good and very low carb! A must try if you have an Applebees.

FYI - I also made BeachGirls Cheesecake (on the recipe thread) and it was very good as well. I used DaVanci French Vanilla syrup istead of the powered spenda which drops the carbs down quite a bit. I also halfed the recipe and made them in muffin tins. Very good!!! Each one is only 1.85 carbs and by the way it is legal for induction if you don't overdo.

Ellie
171/167/125
Old 02-11-2003, 05:49 PM   #2  

Ellie! I think I have had that salad from Applebees! You are right it IS very good!!!

I think I need one!

peach
Old 02-12-2003, 08:28 AM   #3  

DITTO, Ellie, I have had it and I love it also!
Old 02-12-2003, 09:43 AM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

The Applebee's bus is leaving in 15 minutes

ALL ABOARD - TOOT TOOT !!
Oh thats right, the toot toot is after applebee's

MMMMMMMMMMMMMM !!

Thanks, Leenie
Old 02-15-2003, 10:19 AM   #5  

Where do I find "DaVanci French Vanilla syrup"? Thanks in advance.
Old 02-15-2003, 11:06 AM   #6  
Big Loser

THe Black and Bleu Ceasar at O'Charleys is awesome also!!!!
Old 02-15-2003, 11:42 AM   #7  

You can find DaVanci SF Vanilla syrup at Walmart, it is in the coffee section. Just make sure you grab SF, the one with sugar looks similar. You can also buy on line directly from their website. I think Netrition carries DaVanci syurps as well.
Old 02-15-2003, 12:48 PM   #8  

Thanks! I'll check Walmart out tomorrow.
Old 02-17-2003, 03:45 PM   #9  

Ellie
I LOVE- LOVE that salad also, I even make a similar version here at home.
My question is do u know the nutrition info of or know where the nutrition info for that salad can be located??? You mentioned it was low carb, (which I already assumed judging from the ingredients) but I am also interested in the other info, since I am on an eating plan that links carbs with proteins.....
Thanks
Pam

PS I am in Yuma also!!!!!
Old 02-18-2003, 11:54 AM   #10  

Pam - not too sure about the nutritonal info, the dressing was not on the sweet side so I would assume 1 carb per 2 TBS. You could possibly ask the manager? I usually don't eat the onion and only 2 of the slices of tomato. I counted 5 carbs to be on the safe side. For the half salad I counted 1.0 for salad greens, 1.0 for blue cheese, 2 for dressing .5 for two slices tomato.

FYI fellow Yuman The health food store on 4th ave by diary queen has a decent slection of atkins and keto products and they also carry the Atkins ready made bread in the freezer. The foothills herb store in Frys shopping center also carrys a small slection of Atkins stuff too.
Old 02-18-2003, 06:27 PM   #11  

Awesome Ellie
I did not know that Atkins was carried here in town! Thanks for letting me in on that.....I have been meaning to hit the health food store on 4th, but as yet hav'nt made it over there....did go to GNC in the mall to get some of my supplements.

Since I live in town I never would have thought to wander out to the Foothills in search of Atkins....thanks again!!!!!!!!

Pam
PS hope the rain didn't leave u too water logged lol....but it sure was nice.....
Old 02-18-2003, 10:24 PM   #12  

Pam - I live out in the foothills, that is why I know about the store. We did not get as much rain out this way as in town. I work at the base, got a fair amount there. LOL....it will probably be the last we see for another 2 years

Oh forgot...Walmart has a lot of stuff too. DiabetiSweet - a sugar alcohol that is the same consistency as real sugar is in the Pharmacy where the Diabetic supplies are. They also carry bars, shakes and candy where the vitamins are. They also carry DaVanci SF syrups in the coffee section. My next trip I am going to see if they have lacarb ice cream.

Last edited by Ellie120; 02-18-2003 at 10:28 PM.