Old 01-28-2003, 04:26 AM   #1  
Ready!!!

Default Daily, Tuesday, Jan.,28th.

Good cold -10,tuesday morning. It is 5:20am, I am ready for work and on my second cup of coffee.
Thank you Robin for that taco salad recipe, I am going to try that. Must tell you , I made a cheese cake yesterday and it dosn't taste like the ones you buy . I will try it with some cut up strawberries and sweetner.

JENNIFER-YOU ASKED WHAT IS EVERYBODY'S favourate EXERCISE,What are exercise? I must get started, no joking I have a tredmill on the way, it should be here by Saturday. I will use it.

I am off to donate my 57th. pint of blood today after work.

Well all for now, Have a large slice of the day. Stay warm,
Love Tazcat
Old 01-28-2003, 07:08 AM   #2  
she who must be obeyed

Good Morning!!

Welcome Miss D and jenni-pooh! Jennifer good to see you again. As for exercise, I'm currently riding an exercise bike or going to the park to walk (depends on how cold it is.) I dread doing it, but feel so much better after I do.

Hubby and I are chaperoning the high school band on a trip to Disney World the last weekend of March. My goal is to lose 20 pounds before that time........there, I've said it and I'm not taking it back.

Anyone else have a short term goal they wish to share?

Hi to everyone.........off for more coffee.

Debbie
Old 01-28-2003, 08:32 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning! I'm not even going to mention how cold it is out there! Hershey is leaning against my leg shivering after her morning potty break!

Wonderful Gail polished my diningroom furniture yesterday and it gleams! She is in love with it - antique walnut - and would spend the whole morning on it if she could! I think I'll give it to her when I downsize - the house, I mean. I am not downsizing quickly at all! Gail is a blessing I wish I could share with all of you!

I have lots to catch up with, oldies and newbies both.

Nice to see Jennifer back - we were worried. I'm considering a gazelle but space is a problem.

Nora, I know exactly what you mean about obsession. We have to get over it.

Debkay, how was your time with your friend yesterday? When will she get the biopsy results? And you definitely will be able to lose that 20.

Jiff, any job word? I can so relate to you getting Mom into gear! The stories I could tell!

Peachie, we are all rooting for ya. Let us know when you have "a date".

Taz, 57 pints of blood! That is wonderful. I can't donate because of my crappy veins so you are helping out for me too.

MissD, love your new look. Are you really a bookworm?

Nasus, we miss you in the daily. Your wise advice is appreciated elsewhere but come in for a wee bit here too.

Leens, Happy belated Anniversary. Hug that Gracie for me.

Janice, you popped in briefly yesterday, How are the boobs?

Goodforme, when are you rescheduled? Get over that cold junk, eh?
Pooky, just hibernate until Spring, OK? I am considering doing that. Thanks God January is nearly over!

Robin, "far far away"? I know where you live, girlie! Hang in with overcoming the cravings.

Jenni-P, nice to see another Canadian. No snow in Winnipeg? What is the world coming to!

Chuckie, hang in there. Nice to see you on the daily.

Wishing, looks to me as if you've lost 10 pounds. EAT MORE!

LindaBC, hope the body is feeling better, my friend.

Who else? Hi there DonDar, Nelie, L144S, Dyan and folks I've missed. Ageoldie? Where are you?

Slept in this morning so we are having a late breakfast. Canadian bacon and scrambled eggs with peppers. There's lots so come join us.
Old 01-28-2003, 08:34 AM   #4  
Old Cackler

Default goals????

heck.. most days, my goal is to SURVIVE!!!! i can't think very far ahead. just doing the best i can one day at a time.

mom is up and moaning. barely moving. she tried to get out of exercise class this morning, but i pointed out that she's already paid for it!!! a powerful motivator! she said that i'll be thinking all day long about harassing a senior citizen and i'll feel real guilty and will come home and apologize. NOT A CHANCE!!!!

not much else going on. had a good half mile swim last night, after 45 minutes of the weight machines [who is this person?????]and a long soak in the hot tub, the reward!

food for the day is ready [lunch is some leftover chicken in a pink sauce with mushrooms, salad, gorgonzola, and snack is thinly sliced deli meats rolled with 1/2 slice each of paper thin cheese, and about 1 oz of swiss cheese, and breakfast of 1 1/2 deviled eggs - made with hot sauce, of course - because i couldn't get the jumbos which give me enough protein and i need JUST a little more]

so, now you know what i'll be eating today...

gotta go... mom is lollygagging...

hope ya'll have a great day..
Old 01-28-2003, 09:43 AM   #5  

Red face Mornin'

Hello to all--and for those of you who don't know--MissD is my "new" name--was going by missedbeinhere--made a change and went down in status--oh well, I be back up to senior member in not time

well, we are supposed to be getting 2-4 more inches of snow tonight, so I am trying to enjoy these few hours to myself right now--knowing the kids won't have school tomorrow.+ kidding--it will be alright-they really need to clean those rooms!!
I checked the old ketostix last night--I know, I know I should just leave it alone, but I am not obsessed with them like I used to be! Anyway, it looks like eating the slice of pizza the other night did not do to much harm as I am still in ketosis--I am drinking PLENTY of water so I am not dehydrated so...hopefully I am burning fat!!!

The REAL test will be Friday... I have a DR.'s appointment--I am hoping the scales there show at least a 10 pound loss from the last time I was in there--cross your fingers for me!!
I am gonna try to have some blood work done as well, I need to have cholesterol, thyroid and everything checked it's been awhile!

Well, went to aerobics last night--I was so sore going into it from from sled riding-the tops of my thighs--ouchie!! Today I am even more sore as the instructor concentrated on doing lunges and squats for the most part--I am barely mobie today, but determined to strech my legs on an easy walk on the old treadmill!!

Favorite exercise--heheheeeheehehehehheeee~! I wish I had an exercise I liked--let alone a favorite one! Is the gazelle like the Fitness Flyer? I have one of those somewhere--I always liked it til it fell out of my husbands truck--then it was pretty shaky!

Well, this post is pretty long--need many small post to get status back so better go!!

have a great day!
mis

P.S. Yes Ruth--I am a serious bookworm!! So he really fits me! Of course the cat did too--I am having a bad hair "life!"
Old 01-28-2003, 10:00 AM   #6  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning Ladies

Fav exercise? would be walking I suppose. It takes alot to get out there, but I feel really good once I get that first couple blocks in.

Ruth....far far away, its how Ive been feeling lately. Too far from friends and family.

Jennifer, welcome back!!

I seem to have caught a cold or cough. Its settled in my lungs, and feels like its planning on staying a while.

Off to work soon, so I better start the lunches.....have a great day everyone!!

Robin
Old 01-28-2003, 10:19 AM   #7  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

30 on the eliptical and 30 at curves. Done for the day. Older boy's birthday is today. So after karate we are off to dinner.
I stayed within my points yesterday, because I ate no real food. I made brownies ans rice krispy treats for the kids classrooms. i don't think this is what they had in mind when they set up the program!!

I have had my protein shake this am and I will be having sushi for lunch, a protein shake this pm and then I will be able to have something for dinner tonight.
I just need to come off the sugar high from yesterday!

Off to the party stor for paper goods and hopefully valentines for the kids to fill out. little man has to do it himself and he has almost 30 to do. I think he is going to need the full 2 weeks to get that done!

Hello to everyone. Good to see the weather has not stoped anyone form their appointed rounds.
Welcome back Jennifer, good to see you..
-L
Old 01-28-2003, 10:32 AM   #8  
she who must be obeyed

Ruth thanks for asking about my friend's biopsy. She had it done, and being a nurse she was a pain in the neck patient, her words, not mine.

She kept reminding the doc and the tech doing the biopsy.......don't puncture my lung, remember my heart is in that location too. Nurse's and doctor's are, I would bet the worst posible patients.

She was pretty sore after it was done. The worst part is, she has to wait until Friday for the results.
Old 01-28-2003, 11:28 AM   #9  

Deb - waiting for results sucks. {Ruth- don't edit me, you no there's no nice way to say it.} I hope everything turn out all right for her.

Jennifer - My fave exercise is walking outside. One advantage to living in FL at this time of year. If I told you it's 61 degrees today would you throw a snowball at me? Of course, pilates is my other favorite.
Old 01-28-2003, 11:46 AM   #10  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Hey all

My favorite cardio exercise: elliptical
my favorite all around: weight training machines, especially the ones that work the legs.

Feeling pretty good today, tried on my "I can't fit these yet but I will fit them one day soon" jeans and I was able to button for the first time. Then I decided to try on a pair of jeans I haven't worn in a while because I couldn't breathe if I wore them Now I'm wearing them with no breathing problems at all.
Old 01-28-2003, 02:46 PM   #11  

Exercise? Does chasing a 3 year old and walking the dog twice a day count? Literally at the end of a day I am VERY tired. I wish I had time to slouch!

I won't even get into if I am OP--got into some butterscotch chip cookies and it's been downhil from there. However, made a lovely pot roast last night, slathered on the horse radish and went to town!

Furnace man is here now so I will have heat soon enough! Pork chops and muchroom sauce in the oven on slow cook. Rice for the wee one and dh, winter veggie mix for me. Dishes washed, laundry on the go, and dealing with the insurance company. All in all, a typical day.

nelie, I have such a pair of pants in my closet. They are size 18 and a small fit so more like a 16. I promised myself I would get a lovely blouse to match when I fit into them!

Deb, Friday seems like such a long wait, I am praying there is nothing wrong.

L, Happy Birthday to your ds!

Robin, so you're the one who gave me tickle in my throat!

Hey Miss, I have the perfect solution for sorenes--do some yoga and stretch yourself out! I did it for a year and really enjoyed it

Jiff, can you bottle that energy and send it my way?

Ruth, you got what we had yesterday, so don't blame me if you didn't get the heads up!

tazcat-57 pints of blood? You're a vampire's dream!

to everyone I missed, hope you have a great day!
Old 01-28-2003, 05:23 PM   #12  

Hello girls--

Did I mention that am addicted to a game on Pogo.com? It is called poppit and I start playing it and everything just goes away--it is wonderful for a little while everyday--and my kids like it too--so when I get finished--when I drag myself away, they can sit down and enjoy it too-

DH is just getting in from work--supper is going--sausage and french fries for them--a nice salad with some crumbled sausage for me
I did do 1 mile on treadmill--a little slow--but I did it

Thanks Pooky--I would really like to try yoga sometime....
seeya
mis
Old 01-28-2003, 07:45 PM   #13  
Slimwithin

Hello, gang. Well, now I have a dilemma. I was at the doc's today, mainly about my arm but with my written list of ailments. (I don't go to him very often so I kinda keep a list. Wonder why he winces when he sees me coming. )
Anyhow, the upshot of our many discussions about weight is that he won't change my Synthroid prescription to a natural thyroid med because he says there's too much difficulty testing levels, etc...whatever that means.
Next, he pretty much insisted I take a prescription for Xenical. I really don't want to do this because I love the low carb woe but he said just try it for three months. He feels it's important that I get my weight down quickly because of my diabetes and other problems, yadda yadda. Anyhow, when you get your prescription filled they give you a phone number to call and a dietician asks you a bunch of questions and I told her that I really like my Atkins woe. Well, she said I can't eat that much fat using Xenical because it would have nasty side-effects (frequent, oily stool and uncontrollable urge to go, etc..YUCK) but she would come up with a plan that will make it easier for me to make the transition. In the meantime, I'm going to try this plan I saw put out by Prevention Magazine which purports to be low carb but which I would say is "lowER" carb. This dietician says I should try for about 1,600 calories a day and only 53 gr. of fat. Well, there goes the lovely cheesecake I made yesterday. BWAAAAH!
I'm telling you, my poor metabolism must be so confused. I know I sure am. I mean, I just spent over $200 yesterday on groceries to suit the Atkins woe and now I have to switch to something resembling WW. Give me a break!
Anyhow, I DID read all your posts but simply don't have time or inclination to respond to each and every one of them today. I just had to vent.
Peace, my friends. Love you all.