Old 01-14-2003, 12:26 AM   #1  
Old Cackler

Default happy ? tuesday, january 14

yeah, i know it's cheating to do this, but i haven't started the daily in more than a year, and i couldn't resist.

a busy busy day was monday. at work, at home. and tuesday isn't shaping up much better.

the finger is healing. life is going on. and it's COLD!!!! but then i think of all of those in the wilds of the frozen north [in this case, it's anything north of the NY/NJ border!!!!!] and i stop complaining.

more later. much.

have a great day, ya'll...

and good night.
Old 01-14-2003, 04:53 AM   #2  
Ready!!!

Morning Jiff and Chicks to hatch. It is now 5:40am.
Prayers to friend in Africa, Please God be with Cheryl and her family.

Meowna-I think the type of flu we have, the germ last for 20 min. Lots of hand washing???

Thank you again LindaBC for the Information on these pork rinds. I will find them.

We went for a 35 min. walk last night, it was snowing but looked nice. DH said with it snowing everyday it wont have a chance to get dirty looking.

Yesterday was my day off I made a pot of lc chili for this weeks lunches at work, I find on my days off, eating becomes a sport. I also made my peanutbutter balls [lc] for a treat.

Well it is off to work, I want to wish Ruth a happy Birthday, so until later,
Love Tazcat
Old 01-14-2003, 07:35 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning and thanks for the Birthday wishes!

I am leaving for my bloodwork shortly and am starving plus dying for a coffee. I will treat myself to a nice LC birthday breakfast right afterwards. I get my teeth cleaned this afternoon. Boy, I sure know how to celebrate. Maybe I can work in a Pap test too to top the day.

Jiff, I spotted that little word "much" in your post. You'd better come back and post to assuage my curiosity.

Taz - if you can't find pork puffs, let me know and I'll send you some. Egg white noodles are something I make, not buy. I mix two egg whites with about a tablespoon of protein powder, add a bit of water and fry in a nonstick pan. You end up with a very thin pancake which you roll up and cut into noodles!

LindaBC, that is so horrible about Cheryl. Good thoughts and prayers wending their way to South Africa. Our tiny bouts with the N virus are nothing compared to her situation.

Drat! DH is cooking himself bacon and it smells wonderful. He usually has cereal but thought I'd like bacon this morning! What a guy! He has completely forgotten about the bloodwork this morning. I guess I'd better just bundle up and get out on the road to get away from temptation. It's a half hour drive and they open at 8 so ..... I'm history for a while.

Back later.
Old 01-14-2003, 08:52 AM   #4  
workin' my way back down

Morning all you early chickies.......

JIFFFFFFF!!!! wow! You're right, it was cheating, but - whatthehay!!! Sheesh! I'm gonna have to try that sometime!

LindaBC - many prayers and thoughts go out to Cheryl in SA... that is truly one of the most awful and sad things I've heard.

Tazcat - do you put meat in your chili? How does chili get to be lc since beans are so high in carbs? TELL TELL TELL...... I love chili (used to make a killer vegetarian one - fairly low in WW pts) and haven't had it since I've been doing lc......

Well, today is a day off, so gonna get my hair cut and roots colored (it's about time!!) and gotta see if I can perform a miracle and make a baby blanket instantly - my sister just called and her daughter is in labor! oops..... where did the 9 months go?!?!?! And no, I cannot buy one - it's gotta be "Made by Auntie M"!

Time to get the day started...... see you ladies later.......
Old 01-14-2003, 08:55 AM   #5  

Good Morning Chickies!

Tired this morning, played volleyball till 9:25 last night and then had to finish decorating the school's display cabinet. I did not get home until 11:20. And then I could not get to sleep.

Pooky ~ Your dh is worse than mine when it comes to driveways, all he has to do is call?! I have been moaning because my dh/sh will not get the snowblower out to do the driveway. I hate using it so I have been shoveling the driveway myself.
Regarding the house breaking issue with Rosie, if you are home it is great to get them on a "pee" schedule by taking them out at certain times and staying out until you achieve the desired result and repeat each day. As a working person, I just loved cage training. Although I did spend all of my lunches running home to take my Kudo out for potty breaks.

Hey Chuckie ~ Nice having someone on the boards from my "neighborhood." Here in Kazoo we are gettingl light snow every day. Makes things very lovely. And the kids love it.

Ruth ~ Sending more birthday wishes your way. Do not have too much fun at all those appointments. Your sure know how to celebrate!

debkay ~ Hope your dh has a good trip and a safe return home.

Mis ~ I do love my volleyball, we play on a very low level, but it is for 2 hours so I do get a great workout and have fun at it. Hope you enjoyed your aerobics!

Meowna ~ Hope you are feeling better today and that your little guy is staying healthy!

Robin and Tazcat ~ concentrate on staying op, stuggle through a couple days and after that it will get easier.

Christian ~ I usually feel a bit dragged out the first few days of induction, then bam! I feel better all of a sudden, be patient.

Jif ~ Glad the finger is on the mend, take it easy.

Peachie ~ Saw a commercial this morning for 60 Minutes 2, they will be discussing Autism on their Wednesday evening show.

Have a great op day!
Old 01-14-2003, 09:08 AM   #6  

Morning All!!

I am feeling pretty good today--I hope to get SOMETHING accomplished--I have been in a slump of some sort and I have been doing nothing around this house--don't know what my problem is!!

I have a new recipe in the oven baking as we speak--its made of eggs, ricotta cheese and bacon--it is sorta a pie. hopefully it is something good as an alternative for breakfast!!

DonDar: Aerobics...fun..same sentence..?? I am always glad I go...when its over, but I am not a big exercise person, so while I'm there I just wish it was over!!

LindaBC: What a tragic story--prayers and hugs to her, her family, and especially her children!!

Tazcat--I wanna hear more about the peanutbutter balls!!

Have a great day all!!

mis
Old 01-14-2003, 10:31 AM   #7  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Morning Ladies

Determination has set in......alot of damage has been done the last couple days of being off program. Ive worked too hard to let it all come back. Has anyone else ever gained 6lbs in 3 days??

I went for my walk yesterday, even though there was a bitter cold wind.....I'll be out again today. The weights are all set up, and thats sitting waiting for me when I finish posting. Remeasuring today with 56lbs to go. Not much considering how much is gone!! Its been a very long 2 years with alot of bumps and set backs. Total of 112lbs gone in total doing it the lc way within a 2 yr span. 56lbs should be a lc cakewalk!! lol

You ladies are the best and Dondar, your right!! Concentration, and mind set......Ive got it back.

Im off to pump my 1,2 & 3lb weights lol....have a great day ladies

Love
Robin
Old 01-14-2003, 10:45 AM   #8  

I'm just not with it this morning sooooooo tired, i didn't sleep very well at all last night. My back was killing me & my DH snore's so loud, then to top that off the 2 cat's sleep all over me I think we to get a bed bigger then the king size we have now
Needless to say i'm dragging my but big time this morning

Then to top that off i have to make room in the basement before tonight, I have new furniture comming in the morning

Gosh i just want to go back to bed so bad.
Old 01-14-2003, 10:48 AM   #9  
Mommy x 4

S/C/G: 230/160/150

Well how rude is this, 4 of those 7lbs I lost came home!Hmmmpppffff! That was not very nice, I suffered to lose those HA HA HA.

Dh has the chills today and he aches all over, I am charging up the video batteries as I type, dont' get mad get even is my motto. heh heh heh.

Little man seems well today, he has just awoke, I can hear him bouncing and singing to himself, thank god for small miracles!

Will try to stay on plan today, made a cabbage, chicken breast soup yesterday, all I ate was the broth, needed something in my belly, was too scared to eat real food.

Got more info on autism this morning so will be reading up a storm and applying some of the teaching methods. I do worry about him, the Dr. has told us he will be low functioning, which I refuse to accept. It will be a long road, but what a reward at the end! I have faith that god placed this child in our care for a reason. Perhaps I needed him more than he needs me? A humbling lesson for sure. It sure has made me re-evaluate my faith, my life, my health,my marriage, everything! I am no longer scared or confused, now I am just plain motivated! The fire has been lit! This is a good thing, perhaps now I will work harder to lose the weight I carry around, I will need to keep up with this little whirlwind.

Happy OP day everyone!
Old 01-14-2003, 11:12 AM   #10  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning,
I am waiting for the guy to come and put in the shower door. so i am here at the computer.
All is well I back on my modified WW program and have been to the gym or dome something 5 days a week since newyears, but again i am not weighing myself.

all of you on induction, i am glad you are feeling better after detoxification.

Man is here gotta go..BBL
-L
Old 01-14-2003, 01:16 PM   #11  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Afternoon,

This cold weather has got to stop brrrrrrrrrrrrr, who's behind this?

Nothing much new here, sosdd. Just sitting here at work trying to put my brain back together wishing I was home hugging a nice bowl of stew (hey what did you think I was going to say ?).

January blues suck !!!! hurry up spring Thursday is an anniversary of my sister's death, I guess thats why I'm feeling kinda glum these past few days. Kinda like crawling up into a ball and hiding until spring, I just gotta make sure I have a big bag of M&M's w/pnuts with me Being a bear sounds good right about now lolololol.

Huggs and Kisses to everyone, have a blessed day.

Love, Leenie
Old 01-14-2003, 01:31 PM   #12  

Well, I finally have a moment on the computer after hauling Miree's litle butt out of the drop in center while she's screeching like a hyena at the top of her lungs! She got WAAAAY over excited and then very disobedient when a bunch of kids came in all at one time. She doesn't do change very well since it is pretty much too much information for her to take in. I felt like I was wrestling a bear! She cried and cried but after some "alone" time in her room and some soothing words from mom, she's right as rain again. Talked to dh about this and we both agree that we are going to lessen our time at drop in--cut back to once a week and that's it. It just isn't fair to the other children there who are much younger than her. I will be developing some lesson plans for her on our off day since she will be going to school in the fall. I'm going to work on her letter recognition, writing skills and pre-reading. Hopefully we can work our way up to basic math. I know it sounds like a lot for a 3 1/2 year old, but I know she can handle it. As for today's episode, this isn't the first time it has happened so I know I need to do something about it. Oh the joys of being a mom...sigh....

Doggie is doing well, she's liking walk time, once in the morning and once at night right after a feeding. I take her out of the cage every once in a while for short visits during the day and then back in. I figure with this rigorous schedule she'll catch on and the cage will be less and less used.

Hope you're all having a great day
Old 01-14-2003, 02:33 PM   #13  
Slimwithin

Happy Birthday, Ruth
Say, couldn't you have booked a mammogram for today also? Just to help give the day a really festive spirit.

Just stopping in for a quick hello. I have to run to the drugstore which sold me the wrong glucose monitoring test strips yesterday. The darned things cost about $70 and after using three of them and getting an error message on all three, I read the paper that was enclosed and it clearly states they are not to be used with my glucose monitor. I knew the girl behind the pharmacy counter was a newbie and very confused but the woman she asked for assistance should have known better. I sure hadn't planned on an outing today but it has to be done.
At least it's sunny and mild out there. So glad we don't have snow (knock on wood)
Thanks so much for the prayers for the young woman in Africa. I haven't heard what her situation is today but as soon as I know, I will let you know. Meanwhile, keep those prayers flying high.
Old 01-14-2003, 04:51 PM   #14  

Hello again!!

Pooky~ what do you mean Miree will go to school next year?? Tori is 4 and her birthday is August 4 so she misses the Kindergarten date-you have to be 5 before July 31--Is Miree going to Pre-School?? Tori has to be there another year...oh well, one more year my baby is home...right??

Meownna--Hope you scare those pounds right back into remission!! What nerve

I did get out of my morning slump--finished the laundrey-stripped my bed--made a cake..I still have to put that blessed bed back together though--yuck!

Well, tomorrow I have to get up early and goto the Surgery Center(my old place of employment) my grandma is having cataract number 2 taken off--then I meet Tori's class at the movies to see The WildThornberry's and on to McDonalds--could they have picked a worse place?? Any sugguestions on lc food there??

I'll check in later...
mis
Old 01-14-2003, 05:15 PM   #15  

Mis, We have Junior Kindergarten here, she will actually start school when she is 4. (her birthday is in May) By the time September rolls around, she will be going to school with the big kids. She attends preschool (daycare) 3 times a week in the mornings. We have always called this place "school" since the daycare really is attached to a catholic elemenatary school and is run like a school. The transition from this environment to "real" school is easy for the kids. The only difference for Miree is she will be attending a public school closer to home. I purposefully placed her at this daycare to prepare her for the real thing. Jr. K is usually offered every other full days, or every day half days, depends on the school board jurisdiction you are in. When they go to Sr. K (what us oldies called Kindergarten) it's full days every day. I have to sign Miree up really soon too for the fall session, I think it's the end of January.