Old 01-10-2003, 09:06 PM   #1  

Default Been A While

Hi gang.. I'm not new here.. In fact I've posted here before but then sort of gave up..LOL Gave up on the low carb for a while as well about 1 year ago when I was knocked down off my feet one morning..Not literally knocked down but just couldn't get out of bed. My back gave out and I ended up in emergency twice within the same week.. I was later diagnosed with Arthritis of the lower spine along with degenerative disk disease...which I might add last summer moved into m y neck as well..So yes I was a mess..Meds caused me to gain most of the weight back that I worked so hard at losing..I gained about 30 pounds back but am happy to report I've lost since the beginning of October...I've lost a total of 54 3/4 pounds with only 13 1/4 pounds more to goal...And yes I've done it all through cutting back on my carbs...It's amazing that I can eat the foods I truly do love and still lose the weight..My doctor has not seen me in 3 months..and although he knew I was watching carbs before he did not know I had started up again.. He was all for the carb watching after blood work showed a very high reading in insulin...I went to see him yesterday and he was very very pleased with the fact I've got almost all the weight back off.. LOL He shook my hand and congratulated me on it...I think he congratulated me about 3 times before I left his office.. Now if that isn't a boost to m y ego I don't know what is....So to all others following this WOE.. I wish you the best of luck on your journey...
Old 01-12-2003, 02:13 PM   #2  

Hi Jo Anne,

I have the same back & neck problems as you I know it's No fun at all, somedays being worse then other's. It sounds like your doing very well LCing again
Hang in there it sounds like you'll be at your goal in no time

Chuckie
Old 01-12-2003, 02:24 PM   #3  

Thanks for your response chuckie.... Yeah unfortunately conditions like these we can't avoid.. My doctor informed me that mine was genetic yet know one else in my family was ever diagnosed.. My father died when he was 51 and my mother is now 76 and in good health.. I come from a family of 11 and as far as I know Im the only one with the condition.. BUT losing so much weight has eased the pain somewhat..My doctor did inform me it will get worse.. At least he doesn't hide the truth from me.. All I can do is keep up with the low carbing and exercising to forget about my aches and pains..LOL Again thank you so much.. hugs joanne :rose:
Old 01-12-2003, 08:10 PM   #4  
SAHM to 4 boys!

Hi Jo-Anne

I am back on "low carb" too. I was a part of this board several yrs ago. Since then I got pg, had my 3rd son. I bf him for 13 mths. He's 18 mths old now and its high time I get my body back in shape, lol!! I started CAD a few mths ago and the holiday came around and I blew it. I have been OP since Wednesday

WTG on all your weightloss, what an inspiration!
Old 01-13-2003, 03:37 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 275/222/154

Height: 5'7"

Hey, way to go on the weight loss, Jo-Anne!! Are you on a specific plan or are you just generically counting carbs? It sure seems to be working well for you.
Old 01-13-2003, 12:07 PM   #6  

Hi gang.. thanks for your responses.. As for how I lost the weight and am still losing???I basically stay away from white bread, sugar, and flour.. I was doing the protein power plan before but then modified my own plan.. It's working.. I also would like to mention I do a lot of walking as well.. That is my basic form of exercise as I'm limited......I'm glad there are others following this way of eating as well.. Hugs Jo-Anne :rose: