Old 12-18-2002, 12:52 PM   #1  

Question Whey Protein Powder

I have seen a lot of recipes with various kinds of protein powders as well as whey protein powder. Are these the same thing? Where do you purchase these? Health food stores maybe? I know that Atkins, for instance, has shake mixes are these the same thing?
Thanks in advance for the help!
LadyHLG
Old 12-18-2002, 03:13 PM   #2  

There are basically 2 kinds of protein powders and verything else is a combination or mixture of them. One is soy protein powder, the other is whey protein powder. From what I understand, whey tastes better to many people and is often used for mixtures or baking. You can buy both of them at any health food store.

Hope this helps
Old 12-18-2002, 09:45 PM   #3  
WW Moderator

Hi Lady, you can also but the powders at many large grocery stores, but I get a much better deal at the health food stores. GNC is usually really expensive, but my local stores are priced right. I pay about 60 cents per serving.

Atkin's shake mixes are basically the same thing. Keto also has flavored shakes. I'm not too crazy about the soy, but I can handle it. There is also an egg protein, but it is really EGGY so that is better for cooking than drinking.
Old 12-19-2002, 09:31 AM   #4  

Thanks for the help!
I found the whey protein power and the soy powder at a local grocery store in their "natural foods" section. It was a little expensive, next time I will check out one of the larger stores to see if I can do better.
I was just wondering how many different types of these mixes and powers do most of you keep around? I mean are there some that you have to make shakes with some that you have to bake with, that kind of thing.
Thanks again for the help!

LadyHLG

P.S. I weighed myself this morning and was completely shocked to see that I had lost about 5 lbs! I have been doing low carb for about 3 weeks. Mostly just cutting out carbs, not going to try anything full force until after the holidays. But still I couldn't believe it. I think I stared at the scale for a good 30 seconds. Its been months since I've seen it go down! I realize that its mostly just water weight but it really made my week! Just wanted to share my good news and say thanks to everyone for their help in answering my questions!