Old 12-08-2002, 10:34 AM   #31  

Good morning everyone,
Mauvaisroux, so glad to hear from you. Sounds like your really busy.
I went to Amazon.com and bought Suzaanes new book plus 3 yoga videos. No shipping and handling (I forgot about that til you mentioned it Aleka, saves a lot doesn't it?). I have a few other yoga videos, but they are a more vigorous workout than I want. From yoga, I want stretching, relaxation and focus, not strength training. I can get that from weights and cardio sculpting.

I was really tempted to buy the waffle maker. I don't think I've eaten a waffle in my life, so I passed. Will continue to eat oatmeal with soy milk, til I can't eat another spoonful. Would have made more sense to buy the waffle maker rather than the pendant/watch. I'll never use that. Geez, I'm so easily taken.

I gained 2 lbs since yesterday. I know part of it was that big meal, but also, I was sick a few nights ago and lost a lot of fluid. Well, back to the beginning.

Have a great day, Nikki
Old 12-08-2002, 11:47 AM   #32  

Angry nikki,

Don't worry about that 2 lb. gain it's only temporary. Last night I was watching Suzanne....again, when they were SSzing. One lady called in to tell about her SS success. When Suzanne asked her how much weight she has lost, the lady said she didn't know, because she was tracking her progress by inches lost. Then the lady went on to add that she measures herself each week. I thought what a neat way to track your progress instead of numbers on a scale. I only wish I could practice it I only bought the pancake mix because DH & I do like pancakes. We really don't eat that many waffles. I did not get the syrup because I can get s/f maple syrup made with Splenda, from Vermont in my grocery store, a lot cheaper than what she was offering. The pendant watch was really beautiful, and you will wear it more than you think you will. The pendant watch reminds me of the heart locket I bought from Suzanne, and I wear that quite a bit. I get more comments on it too!

Aleka
Old 12-08-2002, 12:59 PM   #33  

Thanks Aleka. I know it's just a temporary set back. When I started, I measured my waist, wish I'd measured all over. I know I've lost 8 inches in my waist.
As far as my goal weight, I think goals should be fluid, like water. I saw Greer Childress (? think that's her name), with the body flex, you have this don't you? Anyway, I wasn't listening real close, but I thought she said she's a size 4 and weighs 150 lbs. She is just so little. That made me think. I'm exercising like a maniac, so I'm building up muscle. So, my goals will probably change as I go along.
I was 140 lbs for 15 years, until I was 35, then started to progressively gain. I didn't work out, so my muscle strength wasn't the best. I don't know if I'll ever get back to 140, but I want to be the healthiest, strongest I can be at this age. Which is my ultimate goal.
Old 12-09-2002, 09:15 AM   #34  

Hi Ladies!

Nikkic and Anne, those are great losses! Congratualtions! I was down 2.8 this week as well. However, I was pretty sick most of the week, so I'm hoping for no rebounding! I'm finally feeling a bit more like myself, plus I just got back from the big drive to see my folks over the weekend. 14+ hours in a car over 2 days is tooooo much! But I'm glad I got to see them.

Anne, I'm thinking about your Dad. I hope thing go better soon.

Jennifer. Any no-cut is good-cut in my mind! I hope you feel OK. Hugs for the close call.

Mauvisroux, you'll have to share the menu for your party! It sounds like such fun!

Be happy chicks! Su
Old 12-09-2002, 11:00 AM   #35  

Angry Monday morning....

I hope you all had a great weekend. It is soooo cooold here this morning. It was 1 deg. when I forst got up, and now it's 12 deg. BRRRRR!!!!

I just realized that I have to send my cousin's Christmas gifts shortly, so on Sat. I wrapped her presents. By the time I had finished wrapping her's, I decided that I'd had enough of that! Sun. I had planned on getting our Christmas cards written out...completely forgot it. I don't know why, but the older I get Christmas is such a chore. Now I have to get my IL's gifts together and wrap them so they can have them before they leave for FL.

Su, congratulations on the weight loss. That's a lot of weight in a week. Glad you got to see your parents. How did your area make out in that awful storm last week?

nikki, WOW 8" in the waist is fantastic I didn't take any measurements when I started WW, but I can tell that my stomach has gone down a bit, and my clothes are a lot looser. Yes, I do have the Body Flex tapes, but I'm embarassed to say that I haven't done it yet. I also bought the exercise toner bar she was selling. I have done that a few times. From what I've read on different boards, it works for some, but doesn't work that well for others.

ANNE, how is your Dad doing? Has he started going to treatments yet?

mauvaisroux, did you have a good time at your parties that you went to? They sound like a lot of fun.

Jennifer, how are you feeling? I hope you're feeling better.

Take care and have a great day.
Aleka
Old 12-09-2002, 01:09 PM   #36  

Hi Everyone!

I hope you all had a great weekend! Nikkic, my first goal is to get
under 200 pounds I am hoping against hope maybe just maybe
I can do that by my birthday March 25. My "ultimate goal would be
160 or so.

Su, You are doing just great!! It feels wonderful to be
losing doesn't it?

Aleka: My dad goes for his biopsy a week today. It is only a
formality. He is really scared because it is dreadfully painful and
there is a change his lung will collapse. It must be done in order
to book the radiation.

Mauvaisroux, enjoy those parties!

Hi Jennifer, I hope you are feeling ok.

Anne.
Old 12-09-2002, 03:27 PM   #37  

Hi everyone,
Anne, I'm sorry your dad is having such a hard time. It must be really scarey for you and your family too.

Aleka, I've read the same things about the body flex. I've thought of buying them, just for the breathing. I've heard so many people say that it has really helped with their asthma or whatever. I feel like I don't breathe deeply enough. I guess I'll see how the yoga tapes help me with that first.

Su, that is great weight lose. You go girl, as they say.
That is a long drive, were you alone? Sometimes on a long drive it's better to be alone, sometimes not.

Jennifer, hope your doing ok.

Mauvaisroux, I hope you do share that menu, I could use some suggestions. All I have so far is the shrimp kabobs, fresh veggies and dip and chicken wings. I've also thought about a cheesecake with chocolate swirled on top and that smoked salmon cheesecake. Not sure about that. Or maybe chili. Just don't know.

I've done something to my back. Woke up 2 mornings ago and my neck was stiff with pain running down my shoulder into my arm. Yesterday, my lower back was so stiff, I could barely stand up straight. Today, I made an appointment with the chiropractor and while I was dressing to go see him, the middle part of my back did some kind of weird thing and I was in such pain, I could barely breathe. The chiropractor says my spine is curved 3 different ways (not the natural ones). He says no exercise for a week. I am better since seeing him. I don't know if I can go a week without exercise, I love it. Right now I can, I'm too miserable to think about it. So, I figure my weight loss is going to stop for awhile. I did lose 3 lbs earlier this week, then gained them back, so I'm at the same place I was a week ago. Now with this, I'll probably be the same next Monday. Well, I will not exercise for the next week, then I'll hit it hard again. Just go easy on the back.

Guess I'll go lay down now. I am so tired of laying down, I can't tell you how much I hate it. Nikki
Old 12-09-2002, 03:48 PM   #38  

Hello again!

It has turned into a very pretty day here, not too anything! I may go see a movie this evening to celebrate!

Aleka, 12 degrees is Much Too Cold! We dodged the worst of the storm as it stayed just at freezing, and nothing stuck. It was a heavy storm, so I'm sure we were extremely lucky. I heard of a nursing home in S. Carolina that had no heat and no generator! I can't imagine!

Anne, my goal is to get below 200 too. I'm hoping for early in the new year. It is a goal that feels very doable. I hope it is for both of us.

I'll be thinking of your dad and the biopsy. I'm sorry they have to do the procedure.

Nikkic- yes, I drive alone most of the time. I take the cats on occasion, but not on the very quick trips. I enjoy them, but I have to be so very careful with them 'on board'. By myself, I can stop whenever and SHOP if it looks good

Everyone have a great evening! Su
Old 12-09-2002, 11:35 PM   #39  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Evening Everyone

It is freezing here! It was -28c with the wind-I just wanted to stay in bed!

I took my new SS book to work with me so that I could read it at lunch. I feel a renewed motivation now!

The recipes sound really easy and yummy-I can't wait to try them out.

I am going to try to Somercize the buffet table for Christmas eve so I have to get my rear in gear this week to plan.

Anne-I hope your dad will be okay.

Nikki-hope your backis better.

Hi Su, Aleka and Jennifer!
Old 12-10-2002, 11:56 AM   #40  

Good Morning,

I don't know if this is the right place (I hope it is.lol) but I am currently on the LAWL board and am reconsidering doing SS. I ordered the book this past weekend from HSN, and am eagerly awaiting it's arrival! I started of doing a half SS/LAWL from Sun and have lost 1# already. Being that LAWL is not going to give me back my money that I paid, I will mostly likely whind up doing SS and just going in for weigh-ins.

I like the concept of SS and I like the way I feel on it.

I have a question, Suzannes creme brulee, is that a protein/fat or a carb? When would I eat that, after a carb meal or protein/fat. I ordered some of her desserts over the weekend, looks like HSN is shipping my desserts before the book, so i'll be doing a guessimate of the rules of the diet until it gets here. lol

Hope to hear from you all soon.

Kathy
192/167.4/130

Last edited by Kitkat3NY; 12-11-2002 at 03:21 PM.
Old 12-10-2002, 01:15 PM   #41  

Angry Good afternoon,

Kathy, welcome I think the creme brulee is a pro/fat and should only be eaten after a pro/fat meal, as well as most of her desserts (I'm not too sure about the cakes). I see you are from the Bronx. My late aunt was a nurse at Columbia Presb. Hosp. and lived in the Washington Heights section. I love NYC!!!
How long have you be doing LAWL and what is the diet like?

mauvaisroux, I keep looking at my new SS book too. The recipes look so easy to prepare. I think this is the best one she's done. What type of SSized foods will you prepare for your buffet?

Su, you will be below 200 in no time. My goal is to get to my goal weight, and stay OP.

ANNE, I'm so sorry that you Dad has to go through that. I will be thinking of you and your family.

nikki, how are you feeling? Having your back out of whack is not the least bit fun. Did your chiropractor tell you why you were having a problem with your back? Please rest and take care of yourself. Hope you're better soon.

Jennifer, how are you doing?

Take care and have a great afternoon.
Aleka
Old 12-10-2002, 01:49 PM   #42  

Good day everyone,
I'm doing better today, spent the night on the heating pad and it helped. Go see the chiropractor tomorrow and that should do it. Aleka, he says I have scoliosis plus some other things, but when he started to explain it all to me, my eyes started to glaze over and I started to make a shopping list in my mind. I know I should be more interested, but it basically comes down to, I'm getting older and my back has been screwed up for years.
Hey there Kitkat, we have all ss'ed on this thread, (I think). Mauvaisroux still is, the rest of us have moved on to other woe's or still use ss'ing as a base and then add to it from other programs. I think the creme brulee is pro/fat too. You can eat it right after your pro/fat meal and don't have to wait. Welcome to our little group.
Well, got to go, the old man just got up. Our Christmas present came today, the Total Gym. All I can do is look at it for now. Guess I'll go tell DH that it's here. I know he's forgotten all about it and will give me a long speech about how we can't afford it and 'why do we need more exercise equipment'.

PS-HSN's clearance gemstone jewelry is 15% off today if you use coupon HSN3794. I had to pass, but it helps pay the s&h if your getting jewelry anyway.

Last edited by nikkic; 12-10-2002 at 01:51 PM.
Old 12-10-2002, 02:15 PM   #43  

Nikki and Aleka, thanks so much for the welcome! Also, thanks for clearing the creme brulee issue up for me.

LAWL is a good program, it's very expensive though. Most centers are always trying to get you to buy their bars (I swear if I have to eat another of their bars, i'll gag!) shakes, etc. They do give you results but it's so hard! I did't find any fun in the program, it's definately a "diet" and not a WOE! I just couldn't take it anymore and I gained 11# back recently. The diet just got stale for me so I decided to move on to SS which is what I wanted to do in the first place, but needed the support from a counselor at the time.

Aleka, I live in the Pelham Pkwy section of the Bronx. I love NYC as well and couldn't see myself living happily somewhere else.

Thanks for the welcome guys!

kathy
Old 12-10-2002, 08:27 PM   #44  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Welcome Kit Kat!

I am doing SS but not religiously. I plan to eat along the SS woe as much as I can over Christmas and then get serious about it in January. I have slipped up lately on the white bread and occasional potato as I am so busy lately that I have had neither the time or energy to cook. When I was OP I was cooking up a storm and really enjoying it. I just bought the Fast and Easy cookbook and have enjoyed the recipes from her previous books.

I believe that the creme brulee is a pro/fat too as Aleka and Nikki pointed out but I don't really eat dessert that often so I've never had to think about it. I love this woe because you get to eat real food!

Nikki-DH and I bought ourselves an electric blanket for Christmas, we can't seem to Christmas shop without getting ourselves something too

Aleka-I haven't got my menu together yet but I am working on it tonight. On Christmas day I am making the turkey with sausage stuffing from "Eat Great, Lose Weight" and the shredded brussell sprouts (from the same book), mixed green and yellow beans, potatos for the rest of the family, and maybe one more dish. I am planning on having whole wheat rolls too.

My only cheat will be my Mum's sherry trifle

Hi Su, Anne and Jennifer.
Old 12-11-2002, 10:21 AM   #45  

Angry Good morning,

From what I've been hearing on the radio & TV, we're in for some very nasty weather tomorrow. They say we may get snow, but the freezing rain isn't very far away, so we'll have to wait and see what happens.

mauvaisroux, that sausage stuffing from EGLW is awesome. My neighbor and I were Somersizing together, and she made that dressing. It was really good. I found a dressing on SS website using ground turkey, which you fry, then make the stuffing like you would if you were using bread. I'm going to give that a try. Can you buy celery root where you live? If you can, you can use that as mashed potatoes for yourself, or cook some cauliflower and mash it with cream & butter. It's funny how ingrained SSizing is in my mind. Yesterday at WW we were talking about serving sizes. She took out an 8 oz. potato and a 14 oz. potato and asked which one of these would you eat. I thought to myself, NEITHER!!

Kathy, I envy you living in NYC this time of year. I love the city at Christmas time, it is soooo beautiful. My cousin and I have been there at Christmas time to see the sights and catch the Christmas show at Radio City Music Hall. Have you logged onto Suzanne's website? You will get a lot of good tips and recipes there. I hardly ever post there, but I do find some good recipes. It's www.suzannesomers.com

nikki, glad that you're feeling better, but don't overdo it too soon. Have you put together your Total Gym? I'm going to start looking regularly on HSN website to see when Tony Little will be on, hopefully selling his newer gazelle.

ANNE, hope you Dad is feeling ok.

Hi Jennifer & Su

Have a great day.
Aleka