Old 11-18-2002, 07:39 AM   #1  
WW Moderator

Default Monday Morning, Rise and Shine!

Oh my gosh, am I first in? Can you say SHOCKER?? Going for coffee! Be back!
Old 11-18-2002, 07:47 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Hey Jennifer and all to follow! Coffee please, trying to pry my eyelids open. More sleep, that's what I need. Hope you all have a wonderful Monday, I'm off to work for a meeting with 3 big bosses. Why do they come on the busiest morning of the week????? Check in with you later!
Old 11-18-2002, 08:10 AM   #3  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Well its weigh in day, and I havent gotten on the scale yet. I think I'll wait until I have to pee again

I'll check back later after ive p'd, turned up the heat and have a cup of coffee in my hand.

Robin
Old 11-18-2002, 08:17 AM   #4  

Default Good morning all

Greetings from the "Great White North". The snow finally came. Not too bad. Enough for the kids to get outside and have some fun with their sleds.

Just drinking my coffee. I usually always have sugar, but today, I tried some "Splenda" and it's tastes pretty much the same.

Have a pretty busy day planned, so i shouldget started sometime soon.

Have a good one.

Sue
Old 11-18-2002, 08:34 AM   #5  
WW Moderator

Good morning! Longer getting back than planned. I had my window of opportunity for the shower and couldn't pass it up!

Sue, glad the Splenda worked for you. I wish I could find a good alternative to cream. It is so high in calorie, but sooooo good.
We had snow too! Just a spit of it, it didn't even land on the ground, but we had fun staring into the sky while we got snowed on. I love snowy nights.

Well, I cheated last night. Had 6 breaded shrimp. Not too bad of a cheat if actually measuring out the breading, but a cheat none the less! We went to Red Lobster for a goodbye vacation dinner. Husband felt sorry for me and talked me into it although that money should have gone elsewhere. We had a coupon at least. Crap! I just now realized the waiter didn't take the coupon off the total. Grrr.

Robin, good luck on your weigh-in, not that you'll need it you shrinking woman! I weighed this morning to the surprise of one more pound down, even though I had salty food and mean mean breading.

Sherrie, hope today is a good day for you at work. This is my first day in after TWO WEEKS of vacation, and it isn't pretty! I have had a tough time getting ready for work. I have been there for 14 years, kinda in the trap where I make too much to start over somewhere else, and am just burned out. I have 'I do all the work' syndrome and I know it isn't always true, but a lot of times I am taking up slack for my boss, and other people notice it too, so it isn't just in my head. He treats me way better than any other one I have been assistant to, so I need to live with it!

Ah me, let's quit talking about the negatives of work, and be thankful for having a paycheck and a job that lets me off to take Cody to appointments and run errands and all those other benefits I soon forget. Ok, off to get dressed!

Everybody have an ON PLAN day!!

Ruth and Linda, glad you had a good time!!!
Old 11-18-2002, 08:36 AM   #6  

Good Morning everyone!

As you have probably noticed by now, those on the list received a pm from me for our Christmas card Exchange. Happy writing!

Got my Timmy's in hand--gotta love Timmy's on this cold, cold and SNOWY! day Brought up the Xmas box yesterday and now I'm sorting through what we have. Some stuff is up and others I'm donating to the drop in center for the Santa Claus parade since we have a float in it.

Finished 5 garden stakes last night--and I have to say they look so nice that I'm going to ask dh to make us some! I should be finished with the rest of them in a few days.

Talked to my cousin, my co conspirator in the Chrsitmas dinner gathering and I'm in charge of rallying the troops for food. I am bringing a ham, he's bringing a turkey and I've "assigned" what I want everyone else to bring. We jokingly suggested my one cousin who eats a refrigerator by himself (no joke!) bring his own turkey!

And it's been a rough puppy morning--Rosie decided to do her business on the carpet (again) right in front of me this time after I put her out twice! She was exiled to the backyard for that one for about 1/2 an hour. Then as I sat down to type, I hear "crash" in the living room--she had spilled all of Miree's leftover milk all over the remote controls and the coffee table. Rosie is now in her cage and has been told to have a nap!

Hope you all have a great day!
Old 11-18-2002, 08:47 AM   #7  
Lovin' Life

Angry Its a GREAT DAY!!

Dont you just love it when your diet actually WORKS!!??
Cutting the calories (extra cheese and pork rinds seemed to do the trick this week) and the 2 p's before weighed in

Im down another 4.5 lbs this week lets all do the happy dance and another 5.5 inches

This would explain why I can pull my jeans off without unbuttoning them!

Jennifer, your doing great!! And I know how you feel about work. It wouldnt hurt to look else where, just look? I used to cry before going into work, 2-3x a week. Hubby put his foot down and made me quit. Just who the h*** was he to make me quit anyway.......lol, but it was the best thing I ever did. Yup we struggle with money but Im so much happier. Maybe focus on the good points of your job? Great co-workers? Mid morning coffee breaks? something???? I hope you have a good day Jennifer, if nothing else think of the paycheck at the end of the week

Sue, Ive been using splenda in my herbal ice tea in the summer, its not too bad.

Ok, the house is warmed up enough I can go get in the shower now.

Have a great day everyone!!
Robin
Old 11-18-2002, 08:49 AM   #8  

Good Monday Morning Chickies!

Had a really nice/busy weekend. Soccer on Saturday followed by an early Thanksgiving dinner celebrated with friends. We have all grown so close we wanted to share Thanksgiving with each other before we go our separate ways to share Thanksgiving with our families. Sunday was church and holiday pictures for the boys. They were so well behaved in church I took them to the toy store to get a special treat. I do not know if many of you have tried to listen in church while keeping two little boys still in their seats, an almost impossible task. Once I finally got home, I was able to do some much overdo yard work.

Ruth/Linda, hope the two of you are having a wonderful visit.

MamaJ, How is your dad doing? hope you are doing better, yourself.

Adoannie, nice to see you posting this weekend, sounds like your mom is doing better, I will continue to send prayers and hugs.

Barb, regarding antidepressants, during this time of year when you are getting less exposure to the sun, it is possible that you may need to increase your dosage of the antidepressant. You should discuss this with your doc.

Jennifer, I thought I was on the wrong thread when I saw your name at the top of the daily! Thanks for starting us up.

Goodforme, Bosses often have no sence of timing.

Suebee, Lucky you getting snow, my boys are so anxious for it, but all we are getting are light flurries, never enough to cover the ground.

Pooky, thanks for the Christmas List, you are a sweetie!

Morning Robin and all to come!
Old 11-18-2002, 08:50 AM   #9  

WAY TO GO ROBIN!!!! That's awesome!

Would you mind posting a menu? I'd love to know what your "magic bullet" is!
Old 11-18-2002, 09:18 AM   #10  
she who must be obeyed

Good Morning Everyone!

the dance is for you Robin. Way to go!!!!

Pooky please tell this poor southern chicke what Timmy's are? I'm sure it's something like gloves or mittens, but the lingo is just throwing me.

Jennifer, sorry you have to go back to work after two weeks off. Ouch!!

Sue, I don't know what I would do without my Splenda. If you decide to use it more often, Sam's has the best price, of course you must purchase a MEGA sized box.

jenny

Janice hope things are going well for you. How is your Dad?

peachie...........don't say a word.......you know what I'm talking about.

Ruth and Linda, sounds like the two of you had a wonderful time. Hope to see both of you in May in Joisy.

I'm sure I missed someone if I did

I managed to get myself into a nasty mood this morning. My husband and son (middle son) planned my day for me. They think that since Mom doesn't work she is at their beck and call. Son needs new brakes on his truck. On the way back from school this AM he will drop his truck off to have new brakes put on it and Mom is supposed to wait by the phone for his call to pick him up. Than Mom is supposed to take him to work, and his work is not close. If they had just asked and not told, I would not have taken it so badly........maybe.

Boy, is it cold here, I feel like I'm in the north. They are projecting a very cold and wet winter for us. We'll see, they can hardly predict what it will do tomorrow, much less long term.

I hope everyone has a great OP day. I let a few too many carbs into my plan yesterday. Could be why my mood is so foul. Today I'm planning everything out and drinking my water.

Debbie
Old 11-18-2002, 09:35 AM   #11  
Lovin' Life

DEbKay.....Timmy's is short for Tim Horton's Donuts...its canada's largest donut chain, literally one on every corner!! I miss Timmy's, there are only 2 that I know of in Buffalo, and they are very far away!
Old 11-18-2002, 09:44 AM   #12  
she who must be obeyed

Thanks Robin for clearing that up.

Timmy's is much like our beloved Krispy Kreme!!

Debbie
Old 11-18-2002, 09:46 AM   #13  
Lovin' Life

Timmy's has nothing on Krispy Kreme.......I'll drive miles and miles for a Krispy Kreme!! Hmmmmm that might be a good reward? lol
Old 11-18-2002, 10:08 AM   #14  
Mommy x 4

S/C/G: 230/160/150

Yummmmmm, Timmy's coffee! Morning Chickies!

Well it is dark out here, looks kinda cloudy, hmmm stay home and do crafts kinda day. dh is still home from work till tomorrow. Did ok with making wise food choices this weekend, but TOM is here and I am sure I have a few extra lbs from that alone! Weight is at 187lbs.

Robin- You go!
Old 11-18-2002, 12:03 PM   #15  
Senior Chicky

Angry

Good morning all! Just a quickie before more doctor appointments! Every day and on some days two is getting a bit too much!

WTg Robin on the losses!

Ruth & Linda - so glad you've had a wonderful visit!

Meowna-glad hubby's surgery went well!

Sherrie-you go you dancin' fool you! Good luck in your meeting!

Annie-good to see you!

Damn - wouldn't you know it - here comes dh soon as I get online!

Dad update - His surgery went well. I finally spoke with him this morning. Thank you all for your prayers! God sure heard them!

Let me get dh's typing done for his meeting and I'll check back in later!

Have a wonderful day!

J