Old 10-24-2002, 08:59 AM   #1  
GARDENING ADDICT

Default Boot Slipper Sock Camp Rollcall

Where is everybody?? Did you all go AWOL on me??

I've been away from the computer most of the week, so this will be a quick check-in for rollcall.
Recap of the past week:
Food: 90 %OP

Exercise: only able to do weight lifting and cardio twice due to migraines

Water: 75%

Weigh-in: Down 2 pounds

OK, so who else is still with me? We only have 1 more week, don't quit now
~~~Sil

Last edited by 2BFIT1; 10-24-2002 at 06:28 PM.
Old 10-24-2002, 09:17 AM   #2  
WW Moderator

Hi Sil!!! I have been away from the boards as well! Been working a lot at work, spending lots of time at the TaeKwonDo place while Cody gets ready for a tournament, and free time is spent on the low carb online cookbook. I have been doing about 75 percent of goal, overall. I haven't lost a damn thing!

My eating plan is mostly good, except for Anniversary celebrations and birthday celebrations that happened this month. I am drinking most of my water, trying to get in personal relaxation time and I am reading Protein Power. I am NOT doing well on exercise, going to buy some more additions to my regimen-to-be this morning before work.

You are doing so good! I am sorry your migraines are acting up. Do you have more now then you used to?

If I just lose 2 pounds I will be so happy. I don't mind slow, I just want to see improvement. I have learned that I will never be able to eat 'normal' because if I do, I will gain. It sure doesn't take much to make me backslide. I can't wait until I am as close to goal as you are!
Old 10-24-2002, 02:27 PM   #3  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Sil check your magnesium intake that can help rid the body of migrains too.

but for me agfter a great start then a week totally off then a shaky week i am not getting back OP!!! i have not lost an ounce but am just glad that i am getting back OP!!!

i was just wondering if anyone was still interested in the boot camp. but i see that many are!! (atleast 3 of us)
Old 10-25-2002, 07:58 AM   #4  

Sil, thanks for starting this up again. I have not been posting or eating on plan for almost a week. No exercise until yesterday. I was hit with a terrible cold and strep throat. I have been eating soup and drinking loads of fluids. I have not stepped on the scale, but expect to next Monday. I am on the mend, but still feeling pretty lousy.

this is just a minor set back, I am ready to start bein op again!
Old 10-25-2002, 08:32 AM   #5  
WW Moderator

Hope you feel better Jenny!

I weighed this morning. I gained. How can this be? I am still reading Protein Power. Won't read anymore books or mags until I finish. I have to figure something out!
Old 10-25-2002, 08:46 AM   #6  

I admit I haven't been my level best, been so absorbed in the activities coming into my house that I hae been revelling in cheesecake and McDonalds! I promise that for the last week of this challenge it's back to business baby!
Old 10-25-2002, 10:18 AM   #7  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

I'm a BAAAAAAD Girl !
Old 10-25-2002, 07:35 PM   #8  
Living Juicy

Unhappy UGH

UGH again. I have NOT done well today. Oh my, it has been a very bad food day. I even ate a huge TWIX candy bar (the one that is King size) and a big grab bag of Fritos. So I am sure I will have a GREAT weigh-in this next Wednesday. But tomorrow I am going to do better if it KILLLLLLLS me. I was just TOO hungry again. I wait too long to eat then I'm saying - OH forget it. And eat everything in sight. Now I am sick and bloaty and feel like crap. WHY do I do this to myself?????? Anyway, I know I am dusting myself off and getting back on the horse again.

It's like I want to sabatage myself...okay I am beating myself up enough. It is time to move on and get back in gear.
Old 10-26-2002, 12:03 AM   #9  
WW Moderator

Juney, we need pics of us after a carb binge on our fridges! That is exactly what I need. Me, puffy, slightly nauseous, sitting on the can! OR a close up shot of my ankles after taking off my socks at the end of the day. I bet that would remind us....

I think you gain as easily as I do. Sometimes I just want to scream at myself!! Do you want to post menus each day? Either menus or food logs would help me. I will start posting tomorrow night, join me if you want to!
Old 10-30-2002, 06:59 AM   #10  
GARDENING ADDICT

Tomorrow is the last day of the Boot Camp, but it doesn't look like there is anybody left. So, I weighed in this morning for my final weight.
My results for Boot Camp:

Food: doing much better than last month
Exercise: Finally getting into a daily routein of weight lifting and cardio.
Water: struggeling, but doing about 90%

Weight: lost 3 pounds this month.(started at 129/ended at 126). Didn't meet my goal of 125 but I'm on my way. Once I start to firm up the muscles, I won't go by weight anymore (muscle weighs more than fat and scale weight is not an accurate measurement). Then I'll go by the mirror and how my clothes fit.

Good luck to everybody here and I hope you all obtain the results that you desire
~Sil

Last edited by 2BFIT1; 10-30-2002 at 04:29 PM.
Old 10-30-2002, 08:34 AM   #11  

Well, these were my goals, let's see if I managed any of them:

1) Follow my plan as close as humanly possible (Atkins) Nope, fell off the wagon about2 weeks ago and haven't found my way back yet.
2) Keep in my mind that not only am I doing this for myself but I am doing this for the much wanted baby we are trying so hard to have. I have always had this in the back of my mind and I have decided that is this month is a failure then I am taking a break until after Christmas
3) Lower my LH levels so that ovulation will occur (determined by blood test) SUCCESS!!
4) Be able to start my period on my own without med intervention I don't know yet, too early to tell
5) Exercise at least 3 times a week (big challenge for me becasue I am soooo busy) [Dismal failure
6) Lose at least 15 pounds. Maintained 200, that's it

Not the great success I want to be, but I have to say I encountered a lot of stress this month. I have never dealt well with stress and it shows. Emotional eating is one of my big problems.