Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Default October 23rd, Hump Day

Starting up,
wakie wakie!
Old 10-23-2002, 07:21 AM   #2  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

SNOW!!!!! A light dusting on everything, dogs and cat included.

Sending the kids to school with extra chocolate covered pretzles. I made too many!
Dh is taking the kids to school so I can catch up with the laundry. My washer broke last week and I am a little behind. I am to concider this an early holiday gift. i think DH is going to get some new make-up for the holidays. I know he really wants it!
Coffee with the girld later, some for of exercise later too.

Sam’s gram, you missed nothing. I did not have a bris for the boys, now 8 and 5. I was talked out of it by all the *well meaning* grandparents that did not want to be in the same room as one another. So older boy came home one day from Hebrew school and asked what his name was. 4 weeks later we are having the naming ceremony for both of them.

Pooky, older boy will be Zechariah Yechiel for Dh’s grandfather meaning remembering God, and may God live and little man will be Eitan meaning Strong, concorer. I am concidering a second name of Avshalom, meaning gift from God… and an A name after my grandfather, I am still looking for him, but I still have 4 days right?
Anyway, bak to the laundry,
have a good day and drive safely fo those getting snow on top of leaves on the ground.

-L
Old 10-23-2002, 07:42 AM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning to anyone who is listening
Old 10-23-2002, 08:05 AM   #4  

Good morning L and Leens and all those to come!

I am in rush, rush, rush mode today--have a meeting at 10 am and then MAJOR house overhaul shortly thereafter. I baked pumpkin cheesecake bars for my guests and I'm dusting off my large coffee pot. I have yet to determine who will be here, I am assuming at least 10. That's a whole lot of people!

Anyhoo, gotta run--everyone have a great day!
Old 10-23-2002, 08:14 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, L144S and Leenie! Of course we are listening! I love the names for your boys, L! Maybe it's better to wait until now to give them their Hebrew names because they have some input.

Pooky, slow down. That poor little egg is going to be sloshing around too much! I hope today goes well. I am sure your house looks great.

Woke up a bit late this morning after being in chat last night. It seems to have more folks in it now that we are about to lose it.
DH actually got up first, let the dogs out, fed them and made coffee! He even started the woodstove which is needed - cold but no snow yet.

Yesterday was a bit of a disappointment. I went to town all set to buy clothes and nothing appealed to me! Ever have days like that? I ended up shopping in the Bulk Barn (food, not clothes), PETcetera and the big grocery store. This morning I am going to take a good long look at my winter clothes and pitch some stuff that I've not worn for ages - why did I even store it over winter?

Walking is the only thing on the agenda this morning. I may try the Girls on the double lead. Walking them one at a time is great for me but Lucy cries and howls when I leave with just Hershey. She is such a baby!

Today is the day when my second wrist operation was scheduled and I sure am glad it was changed! The right wrist is still pretty sore so postponing was the right decision.

Have a happy Hump day!
Old 10-23-2002, 10:32 AM   #6  
WW Moderator

Hi guys-- Still no exercise for me this morning. The rug I had stored in the basement is too thin to be a shock absorber. I asked Rob if he was planning on mowing (the grass is only about 10 inches high!) and he said not this morning...so I won't exercise. Sorry, but I can't shake the wood floors and make everything on his desk vibrate with him watching. This just has me in a bad mood, so maybe later today I will perk up. Hopefully tonite I can be off work in time to pick out a rug for the living room.
Darn wood floors.
Old 10-23-2002, 12:34 PM   #7  
Hang In There

I put on a skirt today that I bought about 10 years ago and never wore because it was too tight. I just stumbled over it the other day, and decided to try it on. Boy does that help keep the motivation up!!!

Dad's still in the hospital, but I pull a stinky and didn't go by there today. Maybe later, but who knows. I feel guilty when I don't go, and depressed when I do. So today I decided I could handle guilt better, besides, I'm still too high over wearing this skirt to let anything bring me down!!!

Ate well yesterday. Well, sorta, for breakfast I drank a slimfast because of the time element. I know it's more carbs than I like, but I drank it anyway. Lunch was a Wendy's garden salad with some chicken on top and for supper I has turkey pastrami with swiss cheese melted on top. The only snack I had was s/f jello with a little whipped cream on top.

Today I had scrambled egg with a piece of ww toast and a little s/f jelly. I'm planning on going to Souper Salads for lunch. With motivation like this I have to stay OP!!!
Old 10-23-2002, 12:56 PM   #8  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Congratulation Barb !!!!
Old 10-23-2002, 08:29 PM   #9  
Slimwithin

I did some work on my patio today. Gorgeous and sunny out there. I planted pansies and bulbs in some of my lily containers. Then I went to the back border and planted more bulbs, spreading manure and mulch as I went. I still have a lot of garden cleanup to do but I really wanted to get those bulbs in the ground while the weather is nice.
DH is presently mowing the lawn, probably for the last time this year. I guess he'll be wanting some dinner pretty soon. I see the sun is getting low in the sky.
I've been doing so-so today. Breakfast was whole grain toast with cream cheese and jam. (Hey, I never said I was perfect). Lunch was deli BBQ chicken. Dinner will be sausages and fried zucchini with melted cheese. At least I haven't snacked today.
I've gotta get back on track.
Hope your gathering went well, Pooky.
Glad your wrist is healing, Ruth.
Hi to everyone else. Gotta go.
Old 10-23-2002, 08:44 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Linda, will you please come fix up my yard for me??? Ask anyone, I have a black thumb! Your yard sounds beautiful!

It's been a so-so day around here, last night I found some HUGE cheese bagels (the size of a steering wheel, I swear!) so of course I ate one for dinner, one for breakfast, and one for lunch. Then I gave the rest away! Now it's gonna take me 3 days to get over that binge, but they were nummy!!!!

Going for my bath now, just as soon as dd gives up and goes to sleep. She's pushing for a later bedtime, I don't THINK so! It's hard enough to wake her up as it is, thank you very much! Ya'll have a wonderful evening, I'll "see" you in the morning!
Old 10-23-2002, 08:48 PM   #11  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

GOSH AWFUL DAY today!! can i do it all over again??? I have a carb withdrawl headach i am off tomorow and i am glad. UGH!!!

POOKY arn't you suposed to be resting???

LEENS i do like the names. they are wonderful and meaningful.

Linda i have some bulbes i bought this last weekend but i am not sure if i can get them in the ground. hopefully they are not picky if 3 or 4 are stuffed in the same hole or they will not get in the ground.

Barb way to go with the skirt. what motivation can you send some my way???
Old 10-23-2002, 10:32 PM   #12  
WW Moderator

Pooky, I hope your guests were wearing yellow suits with pompoms! Did you have a nice day?

Sue, glad you are breaking away from carbs. I had a perfect day today for the first time in a longggg time and I feel pretty grumpy. I think tomorrow will be much easier for me.

Barb, keep your chin up! I know you must be going through so much. You are doing very well!!

Back to the grind!
Old 10-23-2002, 10:49 PM   #13  
Hang In There

Default Update:

The guilt got to be too much. I ended up going to the hospital twice. Mom called and said the were sening dad to dialysis around 11:00 then to surgery to put an acess for the dialysis at 2:00 I got to the hospital about 1:30 to find out that they had posponed the surgery until 4:00. So it was back to work for me, then back to the hospital at 4. I was 5 before they took him in for the actual surgery, and when my Mom found out they were going to put him to sleep (they had said they might be able to do it with just a local) Mom went to piece. She just knew he would never come out of surgery. So talk about an emotional, depressing afternoon!!!