Old 10-03-2002, 06:02 AM   #1  

Default Daily for Thursday, Oct 3

Hey, I was up, thought I'd start the coffee!
Old 10-03-2002, 06:07 AM   #2  

Just a quick hi to all- I can't get here during the day, but I haven't been able to get myself together for the past few days, and I thought I might do better if I stopped in this morning for a little inspiration!

I've been training for the past 2 days, and that means early mornings, no time to pack food or time to eat it! So, bagels, catered lunch with rice and chicken and plenty of afternoon sugar to get me through. So today is my boot camp start day! Bringing spinach frittata for breakfast, I'll go out for lunch, and then a carb solutions shake if I need it this afternoon.

I'll come back tonight to check in!

Have a great one-
dottie
Old 10-03-2002, 07:01 AM   #3  
she who must be obeyed

Default Morning dottie and all to come!

Sil, that doggie bed and the doggie are just as cute as can be. Can you tell me who let the hot air back in? Way too hot for this time of year, isn't it!!

Linda, I know your going to be one busy lady getting ready for your daughter's visit. Don't do too much, we don't want you too tired to enjoy her.

Any sightings of peachie or Jiff?? I'm starting to get worried. One of you post and let us know your both okay, just busy.

We're going to the Brave's game tonight. I'm looking forward to it, now that I know I can do the walk to the seats. Hopefully my favorite player will be playing tonight. Last time we went he didn't play. I'm talking about the cutest catcher in baseball, Javy Lopez.

Wanna see a picture of my hubby. Let me give you a little background. The picture is on the band web site. The parent that maintains the web site, sent out an email last week letting everyone know there were new pics on the site. My hubby, just to give her a hard time, emailed her back, that the site was looking good but there was one thing missing, a picture of the Treasurer. She's a friend of mine, so she wanted a pic of him to put on the site. After you click on the link, scroll down to the bottom and there he is sitting on the beach in Waikiki in 2000.
http://www.shiloh.high.gwinnett.k12....and/index.html

Off for more coffee.

Have a great day
Debbie
Old 10-03-2002, 07:34 AM   #4  

Morning! I'm actually here before work.

Deb - Your DH is a cutie!

I'm waiting for my clothes to dry, so I think I'll go pack lunch and have a Diet Sprite. (Thanks for the coffee, Dottie, but it's just too hot down here for coffee.)

All to come - have a good day!
Old 10-03-2002, 07:41 AM   #5  
Hang In There

Just have a minute to check in...Don't have time to to play chatch up on all the posts, but maybe tonight if I make it to the hotel room, I'll have some "Leisure" time.

Things are continuing to go from bat to worse around our way. Dad who was put in the hospital Monday was put in Instensive Care Tuesday night, but things are looking better for him (I hope!)

I've been working at the new building all week without phones. (that also means no internet!) and everywhere I turn I run into bugs with the new software. Some how it fell on me to get it set up (all company balances, inventory balances, etc etc)

I am still planning to go out of town today, I'm going to the hospital and check with the doctor early this morning. He told me he'd tell me if he thought I should stay here. Any way we will only be about 3 hours away. And to top things off Alvin is not feeling well. He come home early last night and went to bed.

We may be crazy for leaving town, but we BOTH need some down time and we can not get it here!!! and since this trip has been planned and paid for!!! for about two months we are going. Pray that nothing happens while we are gone to make us regret the decision to go.

As you may have noticed, I did not sign up for boot camp. I will be your cheerleader (any of the yellow outfits in 3x?) but with everything going on, I knew I'd be an early drop out, but good luck to all of you participating.

Hopefully, tonight will be quiet and I can catch up with all of you!
Old 10-03-2002, 07:48 AM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Boo !

Umm DebK - HUBBA HUBBA !
Old 10-03-2002, 07:59 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Two D's! Thanks for the coffee, Dottie. I already had one but the milk was sour so yours was much appreciated. I hope you have a good teaching day and can manage to sneak in some OP foods.

Debkay, I can't relate to baseball (it IS baseball, isn't it?) but sure can relate to being able to easily walk up to your seat in the stands! Usually I am huffing and puffing when I am climbing but I climbed to the top of the Fair Grandstand with no problem this year. I sure have not lost weight as you have but must be in better shape. Your husband is a hunk, by the way!

Ageoldie, I do hope you and Alvin can get away. So sorry about your Dad's being back in hospital but it sounds like you two do need a break. Moving into a new work situation is terrible! I must have done it 11 or 12 times back when I made the big bucks as a manager. I don't miss it a bit.

Leenie - BOO to you too!

Dyan - somehow I just can't relate to Sprite for breakfast! However, when I move in with you for the cold months, I'll drink anything offered! I saw two flights of Canada geese flying south yesterday so winter is on it's way here.

Linda BC - I'm sure your daughter doesn't give a hoot about clean rugs or not! However, I will be sure to notice when I come for a visit - have my tickets by the way!

Jennifer, sounds like yesterday was sort of horrorshow for you. I hope today is 300% better!

It's pouring rain again today so it'll be another day of muddy paw prints and a slightly irritated husband! Luckily the dogs don't give a hoot about either! They seem to be settling their differences and recognizing that I am the Alpha Dog around here! Now I just need to get DH to recognize my exalted position!

Today is my first day completely off pain killers and anti-biotics. I hope this is a "good thing" - at least my upset tummy should go away! However, it has been easy to stay OP! I am planning some low carb homemade soup for lunch and something like a meatloaf for dinner as it's starting to look like fall at last. I have to go sign some financial papers with a friend later this afternoon - it'll be good to come home to the aroma of an oven dinner on a cold, rainy fall day.

Have a super day, Chickies.
Old 10-03-2002, 08:12 AM   #8  

HELP!!!!!

Woke up this morning to dh racing in and telling me the pump was running all night and we have NO WATER!!! Seems the toilet was running and now our precious last drops are gone. Any sage advice? I don't know what to do--the pump is turned off and that means no water Would a longer pipe to the well work? At this point I'm pretty much open, know what I mean?

Sorry to post and run, it's drop in center day and Miree's been asking me every 3 minutes if it's time to go!
Old 10-03-2002, 09:19 AM   #9  
GARDENING ADDICT

Good Morning Chickies
Thank you for all of your complements on Shelby's . bed. She will be 9ys old this month and it was her B-day present. I had a good day yesterday. Got my exercise done in the morning, went shopping (bought a few small things for the house and 2 sweaters), then went to the charge nurse meeting at work.

Today is my Free Day for food and as usual, DH and I will go out for dinner.

I will be off work this weekend and as it turns out, my son will be driving down from No. Carolina to speak at a local church. He'll be here for Sunday dinner and spend the night. Since he was not able to visit on his birthday (Sept. 11) we can celebrate it now I'm not sure how this will fit into Boot Camp?

Barb~~I'm so sorry to hear that your Dad is in the hospital. Is it congestive heart failure? Unless the doc says otherwise, go with Alvin and get some time together. Your Dad will be in good hands and you are only a phone call away.

Deb~~Hottie Alert!!!! Your husband is a real cutie. Something about a treasurer enjoying himself on a Hawaiian beach (with no money worries) that strikes me as funny.

Dottie~~Don't worry about the other day. Welcome to Boot Camp

Jennifer~~~I'm so glad that your tests are over and you're in good health.

Linda~~~ You must be so excited to be seeing your daughter this Monday!!!!!! And no more apples for you if they cause such horrible heartburn , at least not until you replenish your TUMS supply.

Sue~~~I'm sure that the exchange students will not care about your house-cleaning. They will be too amazed with America to even notice it. Enjoy!!!!!

Pooky~~I don't know anything about wells, sorry. I hope the problem won't last long.

Ruth~~~Drugs are a God-send when you need them, but it's even better when you don't. It sounds like you are having a great recovery. I can smell the meatloaf from here

All to come~~Have a great day.
~~~Sil

Last edited by 2BFIT1; 10-03-2002 at 09:22 AM.
Old 10-03-2002, 09:23 AM   #10  

How unfair. I was sent next door to Krispy Kreme to get doughnuts for our staff meeting this morning.

Ruth- My DH is buying a coffee pot today, come on down.
Old 10-03-2002, 09:27 AM   #11  
Come on Spring!

Pooky! Damned toilet! They do that.

OK - the pump should stay off for as long as you can leave it. Your well will probably catch up and fill again soon. (Is it artesian?) Before you (or DH) starts the pump, it will probably need to be primed.

Hope this helps.
Old 10-03-2002, 01:05 PM   #12  

Thanks Ruth, yeah, artesian. I told dh this but you know, we just don't have any experience in this. I told dh that we (me and miree) are going to my grandma's house until next week and to leave the pump off as long as humanly possible. He talked to a lot of guys at work and I told him to search someone down who has primed a pump before. Dh can have showers and do his thing at work so I don't have to worry about him. It's our personal hygeine we're worried about! Anyone else tried keeping a three year old clean longer than 24 hours? So I'm off to the laundromat to wash my clothes and then I'm packing and going to Gran's for the weekend and dh will join us Saturday. Hope everyone has a good weekend!
Old 10-03-2002, 01:17 PM   #13  
Come on Spring!

Gee, Pook, I sure wish I lived closer. I know how to prime pumps but it's too hard to explain. Drat! There has to be a "lad" around there who knows! Find the guy who sets up cottages for people in the Spring. Hope the situation is resolved soon.
Old 10-03-2002, 04:06 PM   #14  
Old Cackler

Default just a quick note

yes. i'm still alive. nothing's really WRONG, but way too stressful for me to handle right now.

and peachie has been spotted, well, sort of. when i got home last night [at nearly 10 pm] there were three lovely large pots of mums on the back porch, and i KNOW mom didn't do that herself!!! so, peachie is indeed alive and running around [notice i didn't say whether she's alive and WELL or not... i just don't know either!!!!]

will try to post more later

work is beckoning. bellowing. whatever.

hugs to barb and alvin and dad.
Old 10-03-2002, 05:03 PM   #15  

OK, so I'm still here but not for long: Good news and bad news--a plumber friend of ours fixed our water and we do have it back. The bad news is our well is so depleted we can do nothing more than flush a toilet for the next several days. So I'm still going to Gran's. I'm one tired Pooky from all the running around and laundry I've done. YAAAAAAAWWWWNNNN--and off to pack I go....