Old 09-13-2002, 07:47 AM   #1  
GARDENING ADDICT

Default sEPTEMBER CHALLENGE~9/13

How is everybody doing on their challenge?
I weigh in on Monday, but so far~~no weight gain or loss.
But then again, I have not been 100% OP. My clothes are fitting great, but I would like to get toner, especially in my butt and thighs. Gee, I quess that means that I need to really get focused and disiplined. Can I do it? YES
Old 09-13-2002, 11:22 AM   #2  

Sil, thanks for keeping us honest!

I am still haning in there, although I have not jumped on the scale in a few days, that terrible TOM is visiting and I prefer not to see what he has done to my efforts!

Exercise it has changed my Life, love it!
Old 09-13-2002, 01:28 PM   #3  

I've been good with everything but the water today.
Old 09-14-2002, 10:38 AM   #4  

I was out of it for last week- staying at a friends house where skim milk, graham crackers and vegetarian pasta dishes were the norm. I supplemented my protein, but did eat carbs. And a little wine. Just tried to keep the calories under control

But I'm home now and going food shopping this afternoon. so things will be better next week!

Sat. menu-
b-eggs and cottage cheese
l-salad, with chicken
s-peanuts
d-turkey chili
sf ice pop

My exercise will be cleaning in the garage and basement- throwing out a lot of stuff. My treat is lunch out with Mom!

water, cranwater, water, iced tea, water, cranwater!

dottie

Here's for Sunday:

b-2 eggs and cottage cheese pancake(blend with 1 T oatmeal, 1T soy flour, 1T bran, 1 sweet'nlow, fry in butter with sf syrup) Nice change.
l-tuna with mayo on romaine
s-peanuts, leftover burger
d-either salmon or lamb chops, depending whether I get to BJ's or not!

Did some UBW yesterday, including hanging from DH's NEW
CHINNING BAR that he HAD to have ! He has wanted to put one in one of the door ways in the house for years and finally figured out a way to put on between 4x4's bolted to the wall in the basement. He is a trip. But it was fun to try to lift! I can't do it, but we'll see. I didn't want to tell him that when I am trying to lift myself, I am lifting more than he weighs! So to lift myself I'd have to be stronger than he realizes!

For something nice for myself I am going to go to HOme Depot Expo and look at dream kitchens!

dottie

Last edited by dottiejon; 09-15-2002 at 07:36 AM.
Old 09-15-2002, 11:30 PM   #5  
WW Moderator

I'm sticking with it! Been doing better than I thought I would make it...counting down to the weekly splurge helps more than I thought it would! I had my splurge on Thursday night. I really didn't think I splurged as much as I should have so I justified myself into tortilla chips Friday night. BUT that was all! No more cheats. I am holding strong until this weekend! I won't weigh until Tuesday. I feel like I got so bloated by eating that, and I don't want to disappoint myself by judging by numbers. Thanks for the checkpoint, it keeps me in line!

Today:

B -- Slept right through it!

L Corned beef and swiss rollups, dipped in mustard

S A few peanuts, a chunk of Monterey Jack

D Sauteed squash and onions in white wine worcestshire
Chicken breast sauteed in Emeril Southwest Seasoning
Green beans tossed in parmesan, oliveoil, red wine vinegar
1 bite of Rob's corn dog and steak fries when he pretended
not to look!

S Blue Bunny SF, FF Mint Choc ice cream

Whew! That's a lot of food! I better make sure I don't sleep through any more breakfasts.
Old 09-18-2002, 07:29 PM   #6  

I am sorta back on track. Busy days help and I cooked 2 HUGE London Broils on Sunday that have been dinner this week with broccoli. That planning ahead thing really helps.

I am on a stair climbing fit- trying to use the 4 flights up and down instead of the hospital elevator for my hundred trips a day. My thighs and butt better be tight!

My treat is to be finishing plans for my mini-kitchen redo. the contractor came tonight and wants to push thru and do it in three days, this M,T, and W! I have to empty out cabinets and get ready on Sunday- wow. I am going to set up the coffee pot and blender(DH daily protein shakes!) in the basement for us for the 3 days. I'm pretty excited!

food, E, fun... that's the challenge!
dottie
Old 09-18-2002, 10:45 PM   #7  
WW Moderator

Oh my gosh Dottie, I can't tell you HOW exciting it is to hear about a new kitchen! Oh dear, goosebumps are forming! All Rob would have to do to get jumped around here is tack pics of stainless steel appliances to his chest!

We can't remodel our kitchen, we just bought the house last year and have a way to go until we can fork over some more $$. I am going to paint the cabinets. Right now they are country blue, not for me! I want to paint them white. We have copper hardware which I will keep. I will cross my fingers that the paint will cover the blue. We will do it when it gets a little cooler and I keep all the windows open to air it out. We bought a cabinet on wheels and a chopping block to hold more things. Then I want to paint (later on) the walls a pale pale blue and put a charcoal gray countertop down. Whew, I got carried away with the keyboard!

Ok, now for food...

Today was my weekly splurge day. We went to the place that I wanted to go to last week, so I have wanted it ever since. Now I feel complete!

B Smoothie

L Deli meat on Atkin's rolls

S Potato chips

D BBQ Sirloin, rice and black bean burrito

S SF FF mint chocolate ice cream.

Wow, that was so nice to splurge....no more until next week!
I have been totally on plan since last check in, but still no more weight loss. I will be huffing it on the treadmill for the next two weeks DAILY, no misses! Hopefully that will knock a couple off.