Old 09-27-2002, 08:38 AM   #76  

Morning everyone,
It's raining here. I'm glad as I was going to paint today. I feel like a kid that gets to stay home from school for a snow day.

We'll have to watch Snow Dogs, Aleka. I like comedies. DH likes them too, but he's more of an action/adventure type. We both like murder mysteries.

I went to the ss'ing site, because they are suppose to be up today. Now it won't be til next week. I read their new rules. It looks stricter and it sure won't be the same. I'm glad we have this place to speak freely. Obviously, you won't be able to do that there. I think there are going to be some upset ladies.

Aleka, I found setting up my new computer wasn't too bad. Learning all about what was inside was hard and I'm still trying to figure out a lot of stuff. I know they have classes at the Gateway store, but it's over an hour away. I bought some on line classes when I bought this and they are very confusing and not written for a beginner. Since I've had it awhile, maybe I should revisit them, I might know what their talking about. Anyway, they are really dull.

Well, I'm going to go exercise. After, I don't know. Have a good day everyone, Nikki
Old 09-27-2002, 11:27 PM   #77  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Hi everyone

I have been really busy at work and too exhausted to post. By the time I get home I just want to eat and go to bed.

I hope you are all doing well, I still have to read your posts from the past few days but I will have to catch up on the weekend.

I am going to bellydance class tomorrow, Yay!

Have a great weekend and I will talk to you all soon!
Mauvais
Old 09-28-2002, 05:58 AM   #78  

Good Morning Everyone!!
Tonight's the big night I go to my concert I hope my
husband and I aren't the only two "oldies" there. I feel
a little akward being 45 though I could pass for being somewhat
younger than that. My husband turns 50 tomorrow It
cracks me up to think of us in the audience listening to songs
about "teenage wasteland" and "my generation" at our ages.
My husband says "don't worry about it, the band is older
than you"
I stayed the same this week, but I am ok with that. I don't
expect to lose every week! I am a little worried because this is
my dangerous time of year. In a couple of weeks it is our
Thanksgiving and usually I go on an eating binge that lasts
till the new year
Talk to you on Sunday!
Anne.
Old 09-28-2002, 10:32 AM   #79  

Hi,
Mauvaisroux, belly dancing, how exciting. this would be me belly dancing Glad your still around.
Anne, I hope you have a really good time at the concert. I want details when you get back on line.
I know what you mean about the dangers of holidays. I've already warned everyone there will be no dressing this year, unless I can come up with something that I can eat as an alternative. Dressing is my downfall. I will have potatoes, I can pass on them now. I have a lot of dessert recipes for legal pies and of course cheesecake. Since I haven't had any for awhile, it will indeed be a treat. I have been eating the Atkins bars every night. They are like candy bars, but not as good. Low in carbs though. I am just a junk food junky. I'm going to cut back on them to 2 x's a week. The endulge bars are really the best. Like little chocolate bars.
Later, Nikki
Old 09-28-2002, 05:02 PM   #80  

Angry Hi,

mauvaisroux, it's great hearing from you. Wow!!! Belly dancing..that sounds like a lot of fun Let us know how you like it.

ANNE D, my DH birthday is tomorrow too!!! 45 isn't that old. Have a good time at your concert tonight.

nikkic, there is a terrific recipe for dressing in Suzanne's first diet book, I believe, where you saute mushrooms, onions, and turkey sausage. A friend of mine made some for herself and sent some over to me, and it was delicious. Speaking of SSzing, I went into her website to see the rules for posting. There are quite a few. I wonder how many people will be upset.

Take care and enjoy the rest of your weekend. Aleka
Old 09-29-2002, 12:33 PM   #81  

HI!
I seem to have lost 3 lbs. Yeah !! I never thought that scale was going to move again. I knew I was in ketosis, since I bought those sticks to test my urine. I knew my clothes were fitting better and getting lose. And I know that muscle weighs more than fat, yadayadayada. It doesn't mean anything if the scale doesn't start moving.
I'm making a big pot of chicken and noodles today. I'm not eating it, but #2 DD is moving from a duplex into a ratty old house and I told her I'd make her favorite dinner for her and her boyfriend. I've got 2 chickens in there and making stock right now. I saved out the breasts and I'll grill one up for me later. I'm also cooking up 10 lbs. of mashed potatoes. You'd think I was feeding an army. But between DH, DD # 1 & 2 and the bf, they'll eat it all in a couple of days.
DH's brother came over yesterday and helped put up siding on the back of the garage. I was not looking forward to that, up and down ladders. I don't think I could. I have an aweful time walking up and down stairs. He's coming back on Monday to help finish it. Then just the painting needs done. Dh has four days off this week, so we should get it done. None too soon.
Aleka, I made that dressing once and really didn't like it. However, I couldn't find the right sausage, so I used brats. It was too aweful to put in words. Finding the right ingredients is so hard. I found a recipe on the ss site, before it closed for a mock corn bread dressing. You make up mock corn bread using protein powder then dressing from that. Well, it was an idea, not a recipe, so I have to experiment and see how it turns out.
Anne, how was the concert? I hope you had a great time and felt like a teenager again.
Bye for now, Nikki
Old 09-30-2002, 04:22 AM   #82  

Good Morning Everyone:

The Who were fantastic! We were the last stop on their North
American tour. The crowd just went nuts when they went into
numbers like Baba O'Reilly and won't get fooled again. There
were all ages from teenagers right up to people sixty or so years
old so we fit right in. It was a sold out venue. Pretty amazing
when you think Who has been around for about 39 years!
I will tell you what shocked me was the people in the crowd
smoking grass. I can't beleive security didn't try to put a stop
to it.

Nikkic, three pounds! Way to go. It is always great
to see that scale move.

Well, time to get back to reality and get ready for work!
Have a great day all!

Anne.
Old 09-30-2002, 06:27 AM   #83  

Angry Hi there!

It's Mon. morning and I hope you all enjoyed your weekend.

Nikkic, congratulations on the weight loss You just needed something to jump start it again. I buy Italian Turkey Sausage at the grocery store, it's in where the fresh sausage is. they have hot and sweet.

ANNE D, I am so glad you had such a good time at the concert. It sounds like it was a lot of fun.

mauvaisroux, how was the belly dancing? Did you have fun?

My weigh in is tomorrow. Wish me luck!

Have a great day Aleka
Old 09-30-2002, 08:55 AM   #84  

Goodmorning,
Anne, smoking grass at a Who concert, I didn't know that was still done. Around here, you can't even smoke a cigarette. Sounds like a great time. I wish we could have gone.
Aleka, the grocery stores around here are kind of limited as far as selection goes. I tried to get some celery root awhile back and I never got it. I went to a different town, 45 min away. Ordered it over the phone, went over in 2 weeks to get it and they hadn't ordered it. But they said it would be in in one week. So I went back in 1 week, they didn't know anything about it. I called their produce manager the next day and he said he'd have it in 2 weeks. I just gave up. I'll have to grow my own next year.
Today, it's suppose to get up to 90 degrees here. We are going to work on the garage all day for the next 4 days (as long as there's no rain) to get it done. I am not looking forward to the heat.
Have a good day, Nikki
Old 09-30-2002, 10:31 PM   #85  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Hi everyone!

Bellydance class was fun! I ran into a friend there so we were hanging out a bit after class too. Felt good to dance again, I had been taking classes for a while but stopped over the summer. I really missed it and it was great to get back into it.

Congratulations on the 3 lb loss Nikkic!

Anne- sounds like you had a great time at the concert. I love Baba O'reilly!

Aleka-good luck with your weigh in!

I now fit into a skirt that I haven't been able to wear for 3 years but it was to beautiful to throw out so I kept it
Old 10-01-2002, 08:40 AM   #86  

Hi everyone, Jennifer started a new thread for us. I'll meet you over there, Nikki