Old 09-05-2002, 09:31 AM   #1  
GARDENING ADDICT

Smile Septemner Challenge~9/5

Sorry about the wrong date in the title of the thread:blush:

I had a long post but it had too many smilies and then I lost it So, I'll make this short.
Welcome to Kathy and Trixie
Only 8 of us posyed yesterday, so come on gals, join the challenge. Let's motivate each other.

Yesterday was pretty good for me:
Food~ I had a few SF popsicles, other than that I was low carb all day.

Water~ 100%

Exercise~~I spent 5 hrs in the yard and then painted the last coat of paint on the walls in my office room. No time to ride the bike.

Relaxation~~By the end of the day every bone and muscle in my body was aching (even my toes) so I took a long hot lavander bubble bath. I would love to learn pilates and use that daily.

Today is my Free Day. I allow myself 1 free snack and 1 free meal. Today it will be watermelon and pineapple for snack, and then it's out for dinner at the Olive Garden.

Come on gals, we can do it
~~~Sil

Last edited by 2BFIT1; 09-06-2002 at 07:47 AM.
Old 09-05-2002, 10:04 AM   #2  

I'm going strong today, down 1 pound since I last weighed, so that is a motivator!

exercise ~ only 30 minutes on the weights this morning, all the cardio equipment was busy But I am ok with that. I will use my eliptical trainer at home this evening.

food ~ so far on plan!

water ~ 30 oz down, at least another 60 to go

pampering ~ ?

Best of luck to all!
Old 09-05-2002, 11:15 AM   #3  

I did really well yesterday. Yoga for Abs DVD workout, recumbent bike for cardio, ate well, drank all my water. I showed a loss on the scale, but it's the same blasted pound that I keep losing and gaining. It's that TOM. so I'm no too concerned but pound 168 will not stay gone. GRRR. So far I've had 20 oz of water and a T. of peanut butter. Probably not the best breakfast, but I was running really late.

Sil - enjoy Olive Garden for me. I'm not allowing myself any free meals yet, I can't seem to stop eating if I do.
Old 09-05-2002, 12:14 PM   #4  
GARDENING ADDICT

Dyan~~I'll enjoy the Olive Garden for you, if you will enjoy skateing for me. I would love to try it but I haven't skated since the time of attaching shakes to your shoes with a key. OK, I really showed my age on that one
~~~Sil
Old 09-05-2002, 12:23 PM   #5  
GO CANES!

so, i'm having issues with the water. i dont know what it is, i used to drink GALLONS of it....lately i'm slacking. not good. other than that, staying on target! This is it! I feel it! We are all going to be successful on this challenge!!!
Old 09-05-2002, 06:46 PM   #6  

Default I guess this is why we call it a challenge!

Yesterday was awful- in the car endlessly, then visiting a friend who is a vegetarian, there is never anything I want to eat there, all mac and cheese or beans or something. we were too tired (after shopping) and we decided not to eat out and just got heros delivered for the kids and ourselves. Ate chicken out of a chicken parmesan hero, some bread. Felt sick later from the bread. Bad day all around. for water, skipping meals, tired. And I didn't even buy anything!

today better for food...so

b- oatmeal, and small whey protein shake
l-big salad with salami and ham and swiss cheese
s-sour cream and salsa with celery sticks
d-leftover pork chop, something else, maybe jello.

no exercise, but I have been using only the stairs(4th floor office) for the past week-
My treat for myself is to work on plans to redo part of my kitchen. I want to get a dishwasher, but that means taking out some cabinets and getting a new counter and while I'm at it a few sink, and you know how that goes. It's fun, but sure adds up fast!

Anybody have Corian/solid surface counters?

Any favorite dishwashers? Worst? don't post here, I'll start a poll!

have a good one, I'll be in Maine for the weekend, Ill probably post from there.

dottie
Old 09-05-2002, 07:26 PM   #7  
workin' my way back down

Ok.... here I am, posting my boring day....

b: cheese omelet (this time made by DH!!! )
l : lg salad w/ about 6 oz turkey
d: chicken cutlet, brocolli, cauliflower
sn: atkins bar, and maybe some jello later

water: ok

excercise: what's that? Does walking around IKEA count???
Old 09-06-2002, 12:19 AM   #8  
WW Moderator

I did fairly well..........I need improvement still! No wonder I don't lose weight when I can't seem to get all 3 criticals in line! Tomorrow I will manage to hit all three, no matter what. I will not bring money with me to work so no eating out! I will be forced to drink water and eat my good packed lunch!

Food - Did well alllllll day except for tortilla chips, my downfall!

Water - Better than yesterday!

Exercise still no formal exercise, but I have kept myself busy as a bee! Tomorrow, treadmill! I will even tell Rob this, he will make me stick to it or I won't hear the end of it!
Old 09-06-2002, 01:31 AM   #9  
DNW

Hi all:

I have only been on the site for a week and I feel better already and really very motivated, when I thought I could never be again....now if I could only get some sleep...ususlly I am long gone by now...but I started strength training and walking this week and I think my adrenaline's kicked in....thanks for just being here....I hope I can make it...I'm tired of sore everthings and waking up out of breathe in the morning....
Old 09-06-2002, 05:15 AM   #10  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Deadnursewife?? LOL you must work night shift!!! Hi and welcome to the site. this has been a great sourse of support to me!!! the girls are great. please post daily it sure helps to get over the hard time especialy when you are wiped out and do things with out thiinking like igging into a huge pile of doughnuts or the fmily leaves a box of chocolates for each shift and there are 15 on days and 12 on evenings and 3 on nights!! I know the story well!!! welcome!!!!

PJ it is the cool air that is causeing a slow doen on water. ow is the critical time to watch that you do not slip into too little water. i am finding that i am not drinking a total gallon but still about 100 oz.

for me i am fine!! hard time eating as dinner has not been op for me so i am finding replacements but i can eat only so much tuna before i puke!!! about 2 cans a day!!
Old 09-06-2002, 08:23 AM   #11  

Had a very nice time yesterday I had baked scrod and green beans and roll and chocolate sunday 9very small one) All in all It was well worth it I am all geared up to get OP.
B sausage/eggs/coffee
L salad/cheese /ham
Old 09-06-2002, 08:27 AM   #12  

OOP's didn't finish (hit wrong key)
D hamburger/broccoli
S ?
never have problem with the water.
Walking dog and going grocery shopping.

Getting back to fixing my computer(9daughter formatted it last week and I have to screw it up to my own linking.)

Trixie
Old 09-06-2002, 10:03 AM   #13  
Post acholic!

Thumbs down Here is my day!

Ok well here is my days intake so far

B...Cheese, tomatoe and turkey omelet

L....big plate of celery with dippy

D...not sure yet proably something really bad (boyfriend is cooking tonite) Maybe stir fry or something

Snacks...havent really, appitite is really bad at the moment, dident even have lunch till 3 cuz i just not hungry...

Water...well on track

Excersize...40 minute walk this morning
Old 09-06-2002, 10:04 AM   #14  

Good morning, did well yesterday. I didn't think I did enough exercise yesterday but my obliques are saying otherwise this morning. I'm coming down with a sinus infection, so my goal for today is just to eat well and fell better. I'm calling the Dr. to see if I can get an antibiotic. Perferably one that makes me lose my appetite. LOL
Old 09-06-2002, 08:09 PM   #15  
Hang In There

I'm getting confused as to where I'm supposed to post my progress. Friday is my official weigh in day, so since last Friday I've lost 2.25 pounds.

F: I stayed OP all week, no big cheats, not even any temptations.

W: I always drink more than 64 oz water, and I have this week as well

E: Made it to the health club every day so It's been 30 min on the stat. bike, 1 hour water aerobics and 15 minutes of Oxycise commuter tape.

FOR MYSELF I consider my exercise to be my prize every day, but the thing that I have done this week that I have been neglecting is my AVON. I am an AVON rep, but with everything that has been going on this summer, I've not paid any attention to it or to my customers. (I don't have many, and I never work at it very hard, because I do it for fun and not money. If I depended on the money I made form it it would becomework!! and I don't want it to be that.) But I have made a point this week to contact them, and talk to them, and to get them new brouchures. I've also been playing on the computer and put together a flyer to "advertise" some.

Well that has been my week. All in all, I've been very pleased.