Old 08-23-2002, 06:41 AM   #1  
GARDENING ADDICT

Default Friday Chit Chat

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JENNIFER

Hey Sue, where's the coffee?????
OK, my turn~hot coffee is made and it smells so good. Ya'll are welcome to come over and get a cup.

I have an early dr appt and then loads of errands to run today.Hope you all have a great OP day (except for Jennifer who gets to splurge for her B-Day!).
~~~Sil
137/123/120
Old 08-23-2002, 07:23 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Thanks for the coffee Sil, I'm dragging @ss today! It's always like this on Friday, when the week catches up with me. Caffeine is my savior!!!!!!

Ya'll have a wonderful day, I've gotta run errands on top of errands on my lunch break, maybe that will keep me from eating cake today!

Jennifer, I KNOW you'll have a great birthday! Don't forget to tell us all about it!
Old 08-23-2002, 07:24 AM   #3  
she who must be obeyed

Default Good Morning Sil, and all to come!!!

Happy Birthday Jennifer Did Cody have fun this morning watching you open his gifts to you?

Had a busy day yesterday, and have another busy day planned today. I must share this, I wore my black capris yesterday, washed them stuck them in the dryer so they would shrink up a little. Standing around with the band at the car dealership, the darn things kept slipping down, they are just too big to wear anymore. I'm on over this, but now I need to buy more clothes. I'm running out of things to wear.

I had a pretty good day yesterday, it dawned on me last night, last year at this time I would not have been able to do what I did today. Getting rid of almost 100 pounds has given me my life back. I was able to stand the whole time the band was doing it's thing, run around gathering kids, keep up with the band while marching in (that's a big thing) and then I worked the afternood practice. I am so thankful I survived the surgery and have been given a new lease on life.

Have a good day all
One very happy chick
Debbie
Old 08-23-2002, 07:26 AM   #4  
she who must be obeyed

Hi Sherrie, you snuck in on me!!!
Old 08-23-2002, 07:33 AM   #5  
GARDENING ADDICT

Just checking in before i run out the door.
Good morning Sherrie
Debkay~~~My black slacks are also in the dryer trying to get a tad smaller, too!!! You sound like one happy I'm so happy that you are able to lead a more active and healthy life
Old 08-23-2002, 07:34 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Sil, and those to follow.

And Happy Birthday, Jennifer!

A gorgeous morning in the Ontario boonies today. We had rain all day yesterday which contributed to my lousy mood but today is a sparkler!

Actually, I think yesterday's mood was due to brain constripation! I was feeling pretty uptight about presenting the financial stuff to the Board and had too many facts and figures crammed in there! I feel very relieved this morning!

Listening to the back-to-school talk makes me feel so nostalgic. I taught grade school in a previous incarnation and, to me, the year starts in the fall. Our kids don't go back until September 3. This will be a sad year as our school in the village is closing! The kids will be bussed to the one in the next town - I just hate to see little kids on the bus at 7:30 on winter mornings when it is barely bright out there.

This morning I am taking Hershey to the Office with me to give her a break from Motherhood. She and Lucy are narky with each other - just like a mother and a 14 year old! We will write about $13000 in cheques and I will feel sooooo much better. I was poor folks once and could not pay my bills. It still bothers me when bills are behind - even if it's not my money. (Remind me to transfer the funds into the account or we will be in deep doo-doo!)

This afternoon, I need to either make and freeze or plan 4 pies for the Sunday Church BBQ. This is a parish event to raise money for rectory repairs and I sure hope it goes well. There seems to be a BBQ or corn roast on here every weekend - or a bean feed or a ham supper or a fish fry! Canada's obesity epidemis is worse in the rural areas. I wonder why? I have yet to go to a meeting where there is not "the lunch" - cheese, crackers, cookies, squares along with coffee or tea.

DH is hollering that the dogs are fighting so I'd better get down there and referee. Lucy wants to play when Hershey wants to sleep - that's when the trouble starts! They are both tired because I did not get in until nearly midnight and they had to stay awake to guard the house and worry!

Waving at Sherrie and Debkay who snuck in. Hope you both have a great day!
Old 08-23-2002, 07:51 AM   #7  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning All,

Ohhhhhhhh TGIF !!!

Yesterday when I left work I got in my car and PEWWWWWWWW GROSSSSSSSSs all I smelled was a sour smell. Well obviously it was one of Grace's bottles hiding somewhere. I found it and threw the nasty thing in the garbage. This morning when I got in the car pewwwwwwwwww the smell was still there so I just rolled down the window's and drove to work thinking oh gross hope nobody wants a ride anywhere. WELL this morning my boss says to me, Can I have a ride to Toys R Us before you leave today......... I"M GOING TO DIE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! of all days. My farts smell better than my car. SO if this is any indication to how my weekend is going to be, I'd rather it be Monday NOW

With that note, have a wonderful weekend everyone haaaaa. ONLY LEENIE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-23-2002, 08:21 AM   #8  

Good morning everyone!

Well, we actually did makeit out to Santa's Village and the kids LOVED it! We had such a god time. And of course Miree, the fearless one, went on the roller coaster--3 times in a row! Even her cousin didn't do that his first time on last year! I have a pic I want to post, but alas, my scanner is down and I have reinstall some software and lallalalalala...you knowtechnical stuff can be. So when I actually get it scanned, then a posting I will go.

Grandma and Tommy are still here and we'll be $pending the day shopping and other touristy stuff. I'll check back in tonight.

Jennifer have a fabulous birthday!
Old 08-23-2002, 09:34 AM   #9  
Hang In There

Default I'm AWAKE!!!

Boy my sleep habits are shot. Some nights I'm out like a light and some nights, like last night it's murder to stay in the bed I'm so wide awake.

The good news is I've lost a pound this week. don't know how, cause I've been eating in overdrive all week. Maybe the nerves are burning it up. I plan to start Monday off on the right foot. I plan to start induction again, to get back in the LC groove, and to start back to the health club to water aerobics, and to go back to work. Ole Alvin can take care of himself this week.

Talking about ole Alvin, I dont rremember if I told you his good news. He went to the doc Wed afternoon. He took out his feeding tube and part of the hardware on his stomach, dismissed the home health nurses, and told him he could do what he felt like doing. (which won't bee too much) BUT>>> the best news is that he was able to weigh on the doctors scales. They go up to 450 and he weighed in at 444.That's 133 pounds gone!!! I'm not sure which one of us was more excited!!!

Well I'm going to get on the exercise bike before he wakes up. My son and grandsone are coming by this morning and I want to have it out of the way.

One more thing...We've been watching the food network a lot this week, and I made a wonderful LC supper last night from an idea I got from there. I browned garlic & onion in olive oil, added FRESH chopped tomatoes, simmered about 45 minutes then added cooked ground meat (already prepared) simered another 15 minutes, then spooned into a bowl and topped with mozzerella cheese. Really good. Of course on the TV the added lots of pasta, but who needs it? Not us Right? anyway it was good. since I'm new at this lc cooking thing I was impressed with myself.

Okay now I'm done!

Last edited by ageoldie; 08-23-2002 at 10:20 AM.
Old 08-23-2002, 10:25 AM   #10  
Hang In There

I'm not sure I can do this , but I'll to show you my other pride and joy. I guess in the scheme of things, I'd have to put my grandson before my car, but...

Well it didn't work. I'll try again later...
Old 08-23-2002, 12:10 PM   #11  
workin' my way back down

Morning (?) everyone....... happy birthday Jennifer!!

I can't believe it's noon and I am only now getting here........ I was awake from 4am - 6am, so when my alarm went off at 7 I couldn't get up!!! which, in turn, gave me a I had an early (8:45) dr appt so I really had to get my @$$ in gear and get showered, fed, coffee'd and the heck out of here! Now I am back (for a short-term break in the errands), gotta check a few things and back out to finish the errands before dd gets here w/the grandbabies! Sheesh! too much going on for my feeble brain and body today!!

Barb - that's GREAT news about ole Alvin!
Don't have enough time to answer everyone, so I'll just say - hope you all have a great day, and I'll try to get back later!
bye......
Old 08-23-2002, 09:23 PM   #12  
Old Cackler

hey deb!!! looks like we have a new leader in the world's fastest weight loss category!!! old alvin!!! and i couldn't be happier for him!

and barb gets the award. there's lots of good ideas on the tv food network. even with all the cream and good stuff in them.

and my goodness you're all busy. and does anyone else notice that sherrie's not really keeping us posted on how she's feeling???

and how was the doc, sil and samnrosie's grandma..?? hope you both got clean bills of health.

and yes, work is that bad. we're under so much pressure and i feel sabotaged right left and center. i actually lost my temper so badly yesterday that i walked out of a meeting!!! I won't go into the gory details, because i was actually in PMS overload [although i'd never tell them that], but they were so obnoxious and i'd had it.

and around here. well peachie took mom to the doc yesterday, and she's pretty much ok. she needs to move more, and she needs to go to the senior center for some social activities. she's said NO to that in very very clear terms.

oh well. we'll see what the future holds.

so glad that it's the weekend and i can act kind of human.

and if anyone wants to come over and kick some butt in my office, i'd love to see you all.

and the biscotti!!!

and ruth, all your stories about delta make me want to come up there!!! what kind of PIE are you baking.

hey leenie watch this: PIE PIE PIE PIE PIE PIE PIE PIE PIE PIE PIE

that enough to send you over the edge????

more tomorrow, i hope. unless leenie kills me first!!!

love to all..
Old 08-23-2002, 09:58 PM   #13  
WW Moderator

Hi everybody! I didn't do too bad eating today. Ok, I ate brownies and banana bread for breakfast and tortilla chips and choc cake tonite. But other than that, I was good!

I will write more tomorrow. Rob and I are going to watch a movie that starts in about 1 minute! Tomorrow morning having a huge neighborhood garage sale that gets thousands of people so I will be out buring calories all morning rushing through my neighbors junk. Can't wait!

Hope you all are having a great day. Just wanted to say thanks for the birthday wishes, I went to bed happy and woke up happy!
Old 08-23-2002, 11:51 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Hi everyone! Wow, am I sleepy??????? Kept nephew tonight for a few hours. Remind me again why we have children! He drove me crazy, and he was being good. If he had been screaming or crying, I'd have gone completely over the edge

Jiffy, I'm sorry. It's just the same routine. I get the feeling ya'll are as dang tired as I am of hearing about the great flood. Yes, it's still going on, but not bad enough to make the hemoglobin drop. No, they still don't know what to do to make it stop short of surgery. And I am so sick of feeling this way I am ready to let them! I suspect that even in a jar, it would still cause someone problems! The funny thing is, I've been this way my whole life, and there was ALWAYS a medication that worked like a charm. It seems the older I get (and the more PCOS sets in) the harder it is. I guess it's time for me to let go, huh?? Talk to me after this year's open enrollment, when I get short and long-term disability. Then I can finally afford the recovery time!

Ya'll have a great weekend, it's gonna be the same routine here. Cleaning, cooking, fussing, whining, etc, etc. What an exciting life I have