Old 08-20-2002, 05:34 AM   #1  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Default Chick Chat Aug 20

Morning chiks to come. new coffee pot this morning. My patrents bought it and decided they did not like it the coffee it made did not tast good who know it is good to me. so now i get to wake up to a fresh pot and not wait for 30 min for it to brew!!

No bears. only kids and a very hyperactive 34 year old who in many cases was worse than a bear. but i love him just the same (brother) watching him with the kids was wonderful many times he wore them out with his running. The funniest thing was at 8 am still quiet time, i found him running through the wods just a flash of light and a yell that echoed off the mountains, quickly followed by 2 smaller streaks. Just too funny!!! i wish i did have his metabolism though.

back to work for me yesterday. tonight is my meeting night. hopefully some people come. i am getting tired of being there and nobody comes. maybe soon. i was so proud i was able to call the bank and tell them to to take the money out for the mortgage. i just have aug to pay now. but what a good feeling!! I gave the kids money to do their school shopping so they will not be naked. and bought food for the week. working does have it's advantages. it would be nice to have more so i can start to afford more things that are needed but one step at a time.

Trying to fit back into a schedule so i can get my chik bvisit in and still have the house in a halfway nice condition. it is not as easy as one wqould think but soon maybe i will get it. LOL hire a maid!!

well it is off to exercise for me
Old 08-20-2002, 07:00 AM   #2  
workin' my way back down

Morning chickies! Hey Sue, it's great to see you back from the woods......sounds like you had a really nice week..... the only bad thing about vacations is coming back from them!

Not gonna be much going on around here this week, at least not until Friday when dd comes out with the kids for the weekend -- and I (grandma that I am!) cannot wait to get my hands on them! It's been weeks...... then I'll have them again next weekend (Labor Day w/e) from Thursday til Monday without their parents...... anyone have any superduperexttrastrength megavitamins for me? Rosie is now running around and I'm gonna need lots of strength to keep up with them!

Well, gonna go have another cup of Sue's delicious coffee..... see you all later!
Old 08-20-2002, 07:11 AM   #3  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

I finally got back on the board last night late. I caught up on the post. So many of you made it in WAY before me!

We had a good weekend. Little man WON his division of the JR golf championship. He insisted on playing even though he had been sick the day before.

Today we are off to North Carolina, for a week of golf, and beach and with it come the in laws. I do love them dearly; we will go see their new home. Just in time for the 10 day heat wave to break here.

Pooky, I am sorry that it did not work out for you this time. It is always a disappointment, but I will still keep everything crossed for you anyway.

DH is done in the shower, so that makes it my turn.

Have a great day,
-L
Old 08-20-2002, 07:31 AM   #4  
she who must be obeyed

Default Good Morning

Sue, glad you had a great camping trip. The visual of your brother and kids running through the woods put a smile on my face, thanks for that.

sam and rosie's grandma, enjoy the quiet before the little one's get there.

L, congrats to the little guy, and enjoy North Carolina. We used to vacation in the Outer Banks every year when we lived in Virginia, haven't been since the early 90's.

I'm going out to breakfast with a couple of friends this morning, really looking forward to it. Than I have too many errands to run, bank run for the band boosters, need to find white or khaki shorts for my daughter for a band thing they are doing Thursday, grocery store, on and on.

Off to start my day
Debbie

Edited to say, if you have a primary in your area, don't forget to VOTE!!!!!
Old 08-20-2002, 07:43 AM   #5  

Good Tuesday Morning Ladies!

I am so tired. Don went to a birthday party last night, his friend turned 10. They started at his house with cake and present opening and then a limo picked them up and took them to a local minor league ball game. Boy did he love that! He said he got to watch tv in the limo and he did not have to wear seat belts We were expecting them home at about 9:30, well 10:30 came along, then 11:00 and then 11:30, we are all a bit panicked, but the boys' mom is a great friend of mine and I trust her, so it took some of the worrry away, but still I could not help it. I sat in an upstairs bedroom and watched for them to return. Finally at 11:35 they made it home. The game went 12 innings! It was fun to watch him jump out of the van with all the other boys, they looked like they had loads of fun. Is this a sign of things to come? I guess I will be earning my grey hairs.

Well once he got home, I was dead tired, but a bit wired and could not fall asleep. The last thing I remember is seeing 1:15 on the clock. So I slept in and missed my exercise, hate that!

Welcome back Sue, sounds like a fun camping trip.

Sams and Rosies Grandma, Stock on on your megavitamins and buy some running shoes. Have fun!

L congrats to your little man! Sounds like fun.

Pooky, Still hopin and prayin for a little brother or sis for dear Miree. Sorry it did not work this time, keep tryin

Have a great op day!
Old 08-20-2002, 07:51 AM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Morning Ninnies,

Can't play today, the boss is back

Just wanted to say hi and have a great day. And YEAH!!!! finally we are getting some rain.

DonDar 10 years old and a limo for his birthday wholey crow....I'm in the wrong business thats for sure. Geee when I was 10 a barbie doll would have done the trick Lucky spoiled kids these days, good for them !

Love, Leens

Psssssst....if she gets the heck out of here I'll come back ~ ~

Last edited by Leens; 08-20-2002 at 11:47 AM.
Old 08-20-2002, 07:58 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning Early Chicks and all to follow.

Pooky, I am so sorry that you were disappointed - next time you will "catch" as my Grandma used to say. In the meantime, think "baby" thoughts.

Sue, I envision your brother and the kids running through the woods. I assume they were dressed so you did not see a bare in the bush?

Samsgran, I prefer my grandbabies without the parents BUT I do know how much energy they take. Megavitamins are definitely in order. Being with the grandbabies makes you realize God was right when She invented menopause.

Debkay, it sounds like you are really looking forward to your breakfast with your friends. Try not to eat any beef jerky so you don't end up with a B-something like Jiff!

L144, golf and beach for a week sounds great! I have never been to N.C. but sure intend to get there one of these days. I am not much of a golfer but the beach and a book sounds great.

Well, today I embark on some intensive training with Miss Lucy who has been sadly neglected since before the Fair. She is nearly ten months old and is still doing the "silly puppy" act. It's time to grow up so she won't act like a complete a**hole in the show ring! She and Hershey are both b**tchy with each other these days. Hersh is due to be bred when she comes into season again - it hardly seems like a year since the wild doggy weekend with Simon in Philly. She won't be flying to Philly this time - we are doing take-out, so to speak. This will probably be her last litter as she has certainly done her bit to improve the Lowport Kennel PWD line.

Yesterday I did some more accounting at the Office, pulling together final Fair stats. We are down about $10,000 since last year on receipts and just broke even. Now I need to start the end of the year financials - year end is Sept 30 but I need to start because I will be having my wrist operation the 26th and am sure having one hand will be a drag. I will be so glad when the Annual Meeting is over (Nov 3, I think) and I can just be a director on the Board and maybe have some fun at the Fair next year!

Hmmmm - I think I am whining - gotta stop that.

We are off for a training walk with Miss Lucy and then, after that, a weigtloss walk with the potential little Mother who is still very chunky! How far does a dog need to walk to burn off 5 pounds?

Have a good Tuesday.

P.S. DonDar and Leens, you snuck in while I was babbling on and on.
Dondar, I can sure relate to waiting up for kids! I always imagined the worst possible thing when they were late and then was too wired to sleep that night.
Leens, we have to get a chicken posse going and take out that boss of yours! But then you might go to jail and we'd have to sneak you a file baked in a pineapple cake. Hmmmmm....sounds like a plan!
Old 08-20-2002, 08:21 AM   #8  
Old Cackler

Default good morning all you busy chicks!!!1

well, let me just start with this:

I WANT ANOTHER CHICK MEET!!! my life is much more boring than everyone else's and i LOVE reading about all the stuff going on.

L.. will we get to see a pic of your son with his trophy? congrats to him!!! [and to you for picking up all those greens fees!]. have a great vacation!

leenie.. do you HAVE to stay there with such a miserable boss??? we don't like her!!!

and it's so great to have you back, sue. and i was also wondering about the streaking bares. work DOES have its advantages, but it's such a major time sink!!!

samnrosies grandma.. good luck!!! that's all i can say!!! and there MUST be a good movie or two you can drag the kidlets to see, and get a break.

and dondar. it's gonna get worse before it gets better!!! like, when he gets hold of car keys. my advice: start picking out your hair dye NOW to cover all that grey hair you're going to get!

deb. have a great time with the girls. i'm jealous. but not of all those errands you have planned. mom always used to call herself 'my mother the car' and she was right!

how far does a dog have to walk to lose 5 pounds? how many angels can dance on the head of a pin? i have no clue, ruthie. but for her sake, i sure hope hershey can keep up with YOU!!!

well. i have really nothing much to say. just about ready to go to work. feeling better, still not able to eat as much as before the 'incident' [oh stop laughing]. i can't eat a whole chicken thigh right now. but that's ok.

mom and that dog are still in bed. the dog wags at me everytime i walk by, but won't actually get up! and mom is becoming increasingly sedentary, and that's a bit scary.

off to the wars.

have a great day, ladies..
Old 08-20-2002, 08:37 AM   #9  
GO CANES!

Hey girlies! I'm so dang exhausted. oh. to answer questions from yesterday....I'm on the pill....the same one i've been on for over a year. so i'm not sure what is happening. not to mention i'm so tired and cranky and bloated and just so not happy. also feel gross and yucky and even though i'm not cheating on the low carb, at a stand still after my great (one week free of bleeding) first week on the Atkins.
so HUMPH.
anyway. how is everyone today????
Old 08-20-2002, 09:45 AM   #10  
GARDENING ADDICT

Hello everybody
It looks like Jennifer is still having trouble getting back here. I hope she makes it today
It's gonna be another hot one here, so I better hurry up and fix breakfast so I can get outside this morning and do some deck staining (before it gets too hot). Sorry for the rush but I'm glad thay we're able to come here now. I'll catch up with you all later. Have a great day
~~~Sil
Old 08-20-2002, 09:56 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 262/262/170

Height: 5'10"

Good Morning to all - I'm in a rush to get the kids up and out - they are going to my parents for two days (woohoo) but it is so my DH can quietly recuperate from the ol' "snip snip" operation (yeah I can get OFF bc pills) so while our peace and quiet will be appreciated - it won't be romantic!

It took half the day yesterday to just clean out my "new" classroom once more unpack all my boxes - I at least know that I got my exercise.

Have a GREAT day chickies!!!!
Old 08-20-2002, 11:29 AM   #12  

Good Morning everyone!

I feel really good this moring, took my new meds for the first time last night and guess what?? No tummy problems!! I can't tell you how happy that makes me feel. I had a great OP brekkie (scrambled eggs and sausage), a couple of cups of coffee. and I feel pretty darned good.

Yesterday was the all-round crappy day of the year--not because of the gyno visit, actually that was a good thing, but because I have been having intensive friend problems all summer. Yesterday was no exception. Don't want to get into the nitty gritty but suffice it to say that there are people who I thought were my friends only to learn that they truly aren't and although it is a shock, I am coping with it. I've also learned that the older I get the less I'm willing to bend to match someone's comfort level with me. Take me as I am or don't take me at all! So, I was on the phone to a real friend in Houston until 12:30 (lordy, don't want to see that phone bill!) commiserating. So hence the double coffee this morning!

Thanks for al your regrets/worries for me, I actually feel really good since this is the first time in oh about 9 months that I ovulated! The fact that there are some eggs in there ready to go has me a bit more comfortable. I feel sorry for dh though because he's going to be in for one heck of a rough ride. Clomid makes me el supremo B*TCHY! So pray for him to survive with me!

Take care everyone and have a great day!
Old 08-20-2002, 12:00 PM   #13  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hey Jiffypop pop pop.

My boss isn't really mean, its just that she's very demanding and the fact that she sits about 10 feet from me and can see my PC screen........NOW THAT SUCKS !!!! In my opinion and being a "working woman" < --- hate it..... all these years, I believe its much harder to work for a woman than a man, women are whinny and men just do their own work and aren't as picky. And if you cry, you've got it made... Some days' she asks me for so much, that I feel like saying to her, "hey lady, do you want me to wipe your dupah too?"

But I've been here almost 4 years so I guess you can say she's grown on me......actually she's gone thru so many assistants I'm the only one thats numb enuf to work with her haaaaaaaaa. As long as she doesn't fart near me (like my friends boss does), I'll be okay.

Ruthie, now about that file in the "Pie" you said OKAY !!! Apple please w/raisins and lots of cinnamon and please drizzle some icing on top.

TTYL, Love trying to diet, Leenie
Old 08-20-2002, 04:09 PM   #14  
Hang In There

Things are going good around here this week. Alvin is getting better each day and we are just lazing around... I have taken him to work for a couple of hours both days (against my better judgement)

Leens: one thing I'm making sure of when we move to our new offices, I will be setting where NO ONE can see my puter screen unless they come stand behind my back!!!

I haven't gotten back into my exercise routine yet, but I'm working at it. It's been hot here, but since I've been inside I haven't noticed too much. I am ready for fall!!!!!!

Alvin is watching Forrest Gump, if that tells you how boring it is around here...
Old 08-20-2002, 06:01 PM   #15  

So much happens here, if you're gone for a few days, you're lost!

So, hi to all, yea Jiff on your successful hairball removal, are you glad to be out of the hospital?

Pooky- oh, I was so excited! BUt we'll be having a baby shower soon! Just keep trying, it's a dirty job, but somebody has to do it! We are rooting for you! I guess that's not a picture you want in your head during sex- a whole line of chicks in yellow cheerleader outfits(something like about 20 Big Birds with pom-poms and knitting needles) chanting, go-go-go-score!

Barb and Leenie- yes, keeping a file open to click up onto the screen when someone is coming is a true art! Blueberry or peach pie here, please.

Hi to

desertduck, 2cute, princess,

Ruth, jenny, debkay,

Sue, L, and gramma

things have been alittle hectic here- MIL was in the hospital in MD and I went down to visit and bring her a book and just say hi(5 hours away in beach traffic) and they decided to discharge her. good news of course, since she was feeling better, but I had to stay with her til the Other Son arrived the next day to take her to his house for a few weeks recouperation.(she had a heart attack and a number of complications, minor enough, but in a 78 yr old lady with other medical problems, a worry). So I was gone all weekend and am just getting caught up now. MIL is a sweetie, but her illnesses are overwhelming to her and she lives far from all 3 kids. We will have to do something about this, but for now, she is with BIL/SIL safe and sound.

Not much else new. I lost a few lbs from being back on track with my eating...what a relief. I just hate myself so when I can't get this eating together. Isn't it a drag to constantly think about this? I love reading new books, and plans and all, but sometimes just want to forget it and eat what I want!
But when I give myself permission to do that, I tend to eat junk, feel like crap, and regret it anyhow! DUH!
So I'm back on chicken cesar salads, eggs with spinach or salsa, and a little melon and cottage cheese. Cheeseburgers!

Doritos? Oreos? Yuk, right?

have a good one!
dottie

Last edited by dottiejon; 08-20-2002 at 06:04 PM.