Old 08-12-2002, 04:06 PM   #61  

Thanks Aleka, I found that thread and there were some good ideas there.
Boy is it hot here, and so humid. If it wasn't for the humidity, it wouldn't be so bad. Our ac has been running all the time. Even when it isn't that hot, it's still humid and without the ac, I feel like I will just melt.
I feel so good, not hungry at all. I know it's only been 1/2 a day, but when I was eating fat free, I could eat a meal and never feel satisfied. I felt like I was always starving and I was. Then when I'd fall off the diet, I really made up for lost time.
I'm making a chicken in the rotisserie tonight with some crunchy baked cauliflower (found the recipe on ss website), deviled eggs and sliced tomatoes. Got to get in the kitchen and start cooking.
Nikki

Old 08-12-2002, 06:21 PM   #62  

Hi Everyone
I just got in from work. It has been one hot and steamy
day! This weather is certainly not my favorite. Wow, it
seems like we all love home shopping channel and
jewelery. Tonight I too am having roast chicken a lovely
homemade coleslaw and green and yellow beans with
butter!!! I can't believe I can eat this way and lose weight.
On all my other diets I was suffering!!!! This one seems too
good to be true.
I find my energy level is pretty excellent as well. This is
really exciting. I got word today from Amazon that two
of the three books I ordered have been sent. I checked
out suzanne somers website. It has recipes too I see!
Have a great evening all.
Anne.
Old 08-12-2002, 07:09 PM   #63  

Aleka,
I do not have the broadway videos of Richard SimmonS I have his three newer videos. I would say its an interesting way to work out but i usually use the tone and sweat video with the cord.

Nikkic it sounds like your diet is going smoothly! Keep it up and hope to hear good news of a weight loss soon.

Have a good Monday(yeah right)
Old 08-12-2002, 07:50 PM   #64  

I recieved the newest of Suzannes books today via ups, the one with the contest winners. Wow what wonderful looking recipes.
Anne, I have looked all over that ss website, there are a lot of great recipes there too! If you get a chance and I mean a lot of time, read pneumans recipe thread under recipe suggestions. It began 2 years ago and if you can stick with it, it is very inspirational reading. Besides he has posted some of the most creative and wonderful looking recipes I've ever seen there. When the thread begins, he is 17 years old. When it's done he has turned 19. I can hardly believe it, my DD's could hardly open a can of soup by themselves at 17, let alone create recipes.
He lost over 125 lbs in the two years that the thread lasts.
My supper was great! Now I have to clean up and I'm going to make some Coffee Granita for tomorrow. If you haven't tried it, you should it's really delicious.
Talk to you later, stay positive
Nikki
Old 08-13-2002, 10:17 AM   #65  

Angry Hi!

Your suppers look delicious. We had our favorite meal, turkey bacon cheeseburgers w/ grilled peppers & onions. I also made the mock potato salad to go along with it.

nikkic, that's great you got the recipe contest cookbook. The pancakes are awesome! It sounds like you are doing very well, and it is a great way to eat.

ANNE D, I have found eating this way, my energy level is high. After years of being told to eat low fat/fat free I sometimes feel guilty about eating this way.

JAYAREDEE, there is a toning cord and video in that pkg. I bought from QVC, but that's one of the ones I haven't done. Does that workout do well?

I haven't lost anything yet...I weighed myself this morning, and I seem to be bouncing around the same 2 lb. I do remember that it took Suzanne 2 months to see any results, and I have read that on the 2nd time around it takes longer to lose any weight. If I don't see any results in 2 months, I'll have to do some rethinking.

Have a great day and try to stay cool. I don't know when all this heat will end. I'm looking forward to fall. Aleka
Old 08-13-2002, 10:58 AM   #66  

Hi everyone,
Today, it's cool here, yippee! I had the ac on all night, then stepped out to feed the cats and boy was it a lot cooler outside than inside.
I saw you posted on ss website Anne, I thought hey I know who that is. I posted under where are you from. I see there are a few people from Iowa there too.
Aleka, it may just take awhile, but gosh I hope it doesn't take 2 months. Most everyone seems to see some weight loss, so keep it up. It may take some time for your body to adjust to the new woe. My scale is not a very good one, if you move one way, you've gained 5 lbs. I'm just going to weigh once a week and try to remember how I stood the last time.
Looking forward to another day of good eating. Take care,
Nikki

Last edited by nikkic; 08-13-2002 at 08:21 PM.
Old 08-14-2002, 12:52 PM   #67  

Hi Everybody
Our weather here in Toronto has been unbearable. I too am
so looking forward to the fall!This hear just doesn't let up!
I have been doing fine. I am looking forward to checking my
weight on Saturday, but I am trying not to set my hopes too
high. I feel energized, (guilty about what kind of food I am
eating). It is so hard after we have been all conditioned to
believe fat in the diet is a no no. I feel my clothes becoming
roomier!!!! I was reading in one of Suzannes books about
a woman who went from over 400 pounds to 170 pounds in
18 months!! Isn't that awsome!!!!
Tonight I am having a small steak, cesar salad and diet jello
with real whipped cream for desert!!
Anne.
Old 08-14-2002, 01:41 PM   #68  

Hello everyone,
I know what you mean Anne about the guilt. How can we possibly eat like this and lose weight? It seems to go against all we've been taught. Then there is my family, who really thinks it won't work and are really concerned about my heart getting all plugged up from all the fat I'm eating. The first day when I went to the store for food, I was setting the 2 cartons of cream, the butter, the steaks and everything else on the counter. The person in front of me looked at it and looked at me. You could almost see it written across her face, I'm sure she was thinking, "No wonder your as big as a house, look at the way you eat." She even made a disapproving sound. Talk about feeling guilty. I wanted to say, hey, I'm like this because of all the crap everyone has shoved down my throat about low fat food and yoyoing out of control every time I'd go off the lowfat diets.
I really believe in the woe. I already feel lighter. The scale in the bathroom says I've lost a few pounds, water I'm sure, but still it is motivational.
I made a great chicken salad for lunch today-chicken, mayo, sour cream, pickle, celery and onion. Mixed it all up and put it on top of a bed of lettuce with bacon sprinkled on top. I almost cried, it was so good. It really keeps me feeling full and I almost have to force myself to eat my next meal. What a pleasure.
Keep up the good work and eat good food everyone.
Nikki
Old 08-14-2002, 05:12 PM   #69  

Angry Hello,

ANNE D, how hot has it been in Toronto? It's been in the mid 90's where I live in NH. They are talking about how poor the air quality is. We don't see any relief in sight. That's wonderful you are doing so great on this WOE.

nikkic, your chicken salad sounds delicious. I made some recently and added Somersweet to the mayo. It was so fantastic! I'm going to make it again. I put some of it on my salad for lunch then the next day I had the chicken salad rolled in Romaine lettuce leaves. I'll be making a new batch tomorrow.

Tonight we're having grilled chicken, and I'm going to take some summer squash (yellow squash), slice it, dip the slices in egg, then roll them in crushed pork rinds, then fry them in olive oil. I used to do this years ago, but dipped them in flour. So, I thought I'd Somersize the recipe.

Take care and enjoy your evening. Aleka
Old 08-14-2002, 07:51 PM   #70  

It's good to know that you guys are eating well
It's too bad i couldnt convince the people on the richard simmons forum to join me , they just denied the fact that fat is essential!
Check out the arguments i put up with geez. I sure hope this works so I can be the last one laughing

Aleka the tone and swet video did come with the cord and it's hard at first but ive done the video over 10 times now so im working well with it!

Keep on eating and burning the fat errr sugar away
Old 08-14-2002, 08:35 PM   #71  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Hello everyone!

It is nice to see all the new people posting on this thread, for a while there I thought Aleka and I were the only somercizers on this site

I have been away on holiday for the last 7 days and now I am back and ready to seriously somercize! I have the Eat Great- Lose Weight book and the recipes are great. I love the fact that I can stop eating low-fat diet products that usually taste so- so anyway and end up being more expensive than regular food.
I have lost 4 lbs by sort of somercizing so I am hoping to drop more once I incorporate the whole plan.

Congratulations to Jayaredee and Anne D on your weight losses!
Way to go girls

Niccic-what a sad story about the grocery store, some people are so mean. You will have the last laugh when you are down to your healthy weight goal!

Aleka- Hi! I had a great holiday but had trouble flying home due to thunderstorms and had to spend the night in Chicago. We actually flew from Milwaukee to Chicago in the tail end of a storm which was nerve racking and very turbulent. I managed to eat well on my trip, I stuck to salads with some chicken or had a salad and a small non-fried appetizer for dinner. I even managed to eat just enough of my Thai dinner treat and resisted the urge to pig out completely!

One thing I couldn't get over was the portion sizes in the restaurants! In some cases there was enough food for two people on the plate!

Last edited by mauvaisroux; 08-14-2002 at 08:39 PM.
Old 08-14-2002, 09:10 PM   #72  

Mauvaisroux-I was wondering where you were. I'm glad you made it home safe and sound.
I really don't feel too sad about the grocery store incident. I just wish I could see the same gal in a year. Oh well, I really think this is going to work for me, I'm pretty happy about the whole experience.
I'll check out your battle to try to convince the people on the RS forum, Jayaredee. I use to be just like them, so I know what kind of an argument their probably giving you. It's all up hill, trying to make other people understand what this is about, but all of the news reports are pretty much agreeing with this woe.
Stay legal, as they say, Nikki
Old 08-15-2002, 05:24 AM   #73  

Hi Everyone!
Aleka: it is in the mid 90's in Toronto. With the humidity
it feels like it is over 100 degrees!
Nikkic, I can relate so much to your grocery shopping
story. I am really embarrassed buying heavy cream,
cheese, eggs and whipping cream. You just know people
are thinking "No wonder" but hopefully in the next
few months I will be shrinking and I'll get the last laugh
I know the guy you are talking about! There is a picture of
him in Suzannes book. So awsome!!!! I will look up the
recipes today!!!!
Have a great day all. I will check in with you tonight!!
Anne.
Old 08-15-2002, 07:18 AM   #74  

Angry Hey everybody!

It was 95 deg. here yesterday, I saw that it was hotter in NH than it was in FL I heard that in Boston it was 101 deg. I spent most of yesterday at the lake where I live.

The fried summer squash did not turn out so great. The pork rinds seemed to absorb a lot of the oil, so they were a bit soggy. Oh, well. I tried.

I got on the scale this morning...still nothing I think I will start combining SSzing with counting calories or carbs. Maybe that will get the scale moving...hopefully. I have 20-30 lb. to lose, and I know it may take up to 2 months to see any weight loss.

mauvaisroux, welcome back Glad you made it back safely. Congratulations on your weight loss, especially being on holiday I'm sorry you had problem getting home, especially after being away for a week, and I'm sure you were anxious to get home. I'm glad you had a good time. Yes, portion sizes in restaurants are HUGE!!! Sometimes I only can eat 1/4 of what is served. I bring the rest home and DH & I get another meal out of it. He says that's why he loves to take me out to eat!!! Isn't it great there are other SSizers out there? For a long time I thought I was the only one, and it was hard to stick to this WOE, but now with all of you for support I know I can stick with it.

nikkic, I'm glad that you don't feel bad about the grocery store incident. Some people can be so dumb. With your enthusiasm about this WOE, I know you can succeed.

JAYAREDEE, I'll have to pop over to the RS site and see what was posted. This WOE of does work. A lot of times when you don't lose weight, for some reason you lose size. That's what happened to me the last time I did this. People kept telling me I had lost weight, but it was mostly size. Right now I am waiting for "the melt" .

ANNE D, when I go grocery shopping I try to feel smug with all the healthy food on the register belt, more so when the person in front of me has chips, donuts, pies, cookies, etc. I keep thinking, ALL THAT SUGAR!!!! I hope it's a little cooler for you today. I don't think it will be here because it's early morning and it's rather stuffy already.

I hope you all enjoy your day. Aleka
Old 08-15-2002, 07:39 AM   #75  

Angry JAYAREDEE,

You were absolutely right in your posts in RS about FATS. But, trans-fats, hydrogenated (sp?) oils found in most, if not all pre-packaged snacks such as crackers, cookies, etc. does cause artery blockage, even margarine has these trans fats. If I'm not mistaken, even the so called "diet" frozen dinners have trans fats in them too. That's why on Somersizing you eat real food, and the "good" fats. I think Suzanne calls trans fats "fake" fats. I also believe that the reason everyone is overweight, and diabetes is on the rise, is because of the low-fat/high carb. diets of the past.

Aleka