Old 05-23-2002, 06:27 AM   #1  
Big Loser

Default Thurs, May 23rd

Good morning ladies....not starting off great, my alarm did not go off, I had it set for PM instead of AM..duh....so I missed the Y...I stayed up to late watching tv...and I am whining.....enough!

I am glad it is Thursday! Be gladder(?) when its Friday!!!!

Stayed sort of OP yesterday. Had a piece of Pizza for dinner, which was not OP of course.....

Not much news here getting ready for my bro's visit...fighting with my husband about buying a new ATV, wants to buy a 5 yr old a $2,000 4 wheeler for his birthday. INSANE.

Have a great day all!!!
Old 05-23-2002, 07:13 AM   #2  
workin' my way back down

Well, coffee's brewing... too bad I can't smell it On Monday, my clinical supervisor came in with the start of a bad cold -- I bet you know the rest of the story Woke up at 4am.... scratchy throat, funky feeling in the head....... and here comes Memorial Day Weekend, a wedding on Sunday, and my grands coming to stay for 5 days next week! grrr what's a chick to do?!?!?!

Enough whingeing.... the sun is still shining! DH is off today and is going to start to TRY (note the operational word here ) to put together a swingset we got for the back yard. The store wanted $175 for assembly - yes ladies, you read that right - $175 the darn thing cost $450 to begin with! Ooops, another whine is beginning here..... gotta stop it NOW!

See, Scooby, go right ahead and complain - I'm joining you!

I guess I better go get my day started! Have a good one everybody!
Old 05-23-2002, 07:21 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

AW, Scooby - I hope the rest of today goes better than your start. And Samsgrandma, Dr. Ruth recommends lots of water and Vitamin C to ditch that cold fast. They should be outlawed in the nice weather!

Gorgeous day here but the temp was at freezing at 5:30. I have a friend coming to dig herself some hostas in a half hour so am zipping around. I finally went to my pal Lurker Lorraine's greenhouse yesterday and bought some plants to do my boxes. They spent last night in the barn and I'm glad. Maybe today I'll get brave and leave them outside overnight.

Finally dropped that pesky recurring two pounds overnight! I guess all my garden work yesterday scared it off. Hope it stays off! I will be OP today for sure. I have a Fair Board meeting tonight so it will be an early dinner and no time for evening snacks.

Have a wonderful day.
Old 05-23-2002, 08:16 AM   #4  

Good morning everyone!

I have nothing to complain about today--the weather is gorgeous (finally!!!) and I plan on cleaning and playing outside in my garden for a bit.

Have discovered a new trick with my protein shakes--add a cup of coffee and you have a protein latte! I was wondering how the heck I was gonna get my coffee fix in the morning--now I know.

Like you Ruth, I have also dropped 2 pounds--glad to see the them go and I hope I don't see them soon!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 05-23-2002, 09:38 AM   #5  

Thumbs down

Good day all!

Took a day off today in the midst of my chaos...had some overtime to use up! Hope that you all have a great day....I am going to try to get my house cleaned up today and tie up few loose ends...hang in there and so shall I~ Liz
Old 05-23-2002, 10:19 AM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Mood Gorning

Its beautiful here too. Today I'm dressed in all white with just a touch of bright green.......COME ON SUMMER.

Whats everyone's plans for the weekend, anything good? I'll be doing some spring cleaning or summer what ever. Gotta get them dirty curtains down and brighten up the place. Other than that, I'm in the mood for chinese food, anyone wanna do a buffet with me ? NOT !!!!!!!!!!!!!! sigh ~~

Okay kids, off and running boss should be back soon.

TTYL, Love, Me
Old 05-23-2002, 11:04 AM   #7  
www.youtube.com/bsbuntin

S/C/G: 251/seeticker/150

Height: 5'7"

Arrow Good Morning Ladies

I am kind of bummed out.. I know I should not let the scales rule my life.. but its a hard hard habit to break... I was 189.5 yesterday.. its been soooooooo long since ive seen that big 8.

But today I went back up to 190 Maybe it was that sugar free cookie I had or maybe not enough water.. I just want that big fat 9 to go away

USAlady
Old 05-23-2002, 04:33 PM   #8  
Senior Chicky

Angry Afternoon chickies!

Another beautiful day in Houston! Just got back from the manicure/pedicure trip. Does anyone else suffer from what I call "sandal heels"? It's that horrid and unslightly dead/ruff skin that seems to appear in the warm months? Gross! I've tried everything but at least the pedicure removes it for awhile.

Didn't sleep all night. Beat the pillow, tossed and turned, got up, went back to bed, watched TV, talked to God, looked at the moon....until I just gave up! Susie thought it might be because I've been so OP that I have all this pent up energy! She must have me confused with Ruthie! Sure dragging butt now with very tired burning eyes!

Ruth - Everytime I think of you as being retired it cracks me up! WTG on those 2 lbs! You must have lots of pennies or stones you're moving across that window sill.

Leens - I'd LOVE to do chinese tonite! But not! I'll do the late spring/early summer deep cleaning when dd and ds go off for their week long "boys trip" next month! I love it! My house stays clean for a whole week! Then they return!

Liz - Enjoy the day off! Why is it when WE have time off we're always cleaning? Awww, the joys of womanhood!

Pooky - Enjoy your beautiful outdoor planting and playing! Another job I enjoy each year with dh//ds gone! Otherwise he just gripes that I'm going to kill all the plans again anyway, so why bother? Aw well, brown thumbs are better than no thumbs!

USA - Nice to see you! Hide that scale! Have you tried weight averaging? I did it for many years during maintenance and found that tho daily fluctuations occurred the weekly average always put me around the same. Also, try to weigh about the same time each day!

samsgrandma - ditto what Ruth said and throw in some nice chicken soup. Hope you're feeling better soon! $175!!! OMG !! I'd be trying to figure out how to put it together myself! Good luck!

Hope everyone has a terrific evening!

J
Old 05-23-2002, 06:20 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Talking Hi everyone!

What a boooooooorrrrrring day at work. Until 4:45 when all **** broke loose, as usual!! Then it's the mad scramble to get it all done and still leave at a decent hour. UGH, oh, to be independently wealthy!!!

It's a trip to the grocery store tonight for me, going to wake up in the morning O/P and cheerfully continue induction until these damn flabby arms go away! (Let's not even discuss the gut and butt syndrome!) Since I quit smoking I can feel my chin laying on my neck! EWWWWWWWWWW! Haven't had that sensation in a while, and didn't miss it a bit.

Ya'll have a great evening and I'll talk to you later!
Old 05-23-2002, 08:24 PM   #10  

Well, I did it. I've been thinking about joining a local gym for over 2 years now. Yesterday I went in just to check it out and ended up signing on the dotted line. This place is awesome! Indoor pool, 2 outdoor pools, racket and handball courts inside, tennis and volleyball courts outside, playground and picnic area outside for families, two jacuzzis (one for both genders and one for women only), a women-only sauna, TONS of equipment, and more classes than I can ever hope to attend. The membership even comes with two free visits with a personal trainer. All for $49 each month.

The main reason I chose this facility over the others in the area is the water aerobic classes. So off I went tonight to take my first class. DH had a rough day at work and grudgingly agreed to watch the kids. I get there feeling guilty and find that the pool's filter had broken down and they weren't getting the replacement part until the morning! Oh, well. There's another class at 9:00 AM tomorrow (and I'm not working) so I'll call ahead and see if the pool has reopened. Plus, there is a class at 8:00 AM on Saturday I can attend.

Hmmm. Gotta go. Hate to dump data and run but I've got a few chores to take care of before I can hit the hay.

Hope you all had a great day!

Old 05-23-2002, 09:13 PM   #11  

Howdie chickies!

I think I am done reading all of the really good books in my house....unless of course I find another lurking in the attic!

The latest Earth's Children's book was great and then I found a Nicholas Sparks book called, The Notebook and I was gone for good.

Now I will catch up on my e-mail and stuff!

Not much new here. The boys are fine, dh is fine and I am hanging in there! I lost .4 pounds today for a total of 28.4 or 27.4....depends on who is doing the addin and subtractin!

Had a fleeting moment today of...is this whole weight loss thing worth it...but Jiff stopped by and straighened my wise *** out (can we say ***?)

Nothing much else, although I still don't don't get the Yankee games, I do now get tv land (big whoop). Been watching re-runs of I love Lucy. Now at my age, I understand that chick....she does the things she does because her dh is an idiot. Who knew I UNDERSTAND LUCY, I LOVE LUCY!

and.....WHERE THE HECK IS SOONER???????

Chickadee, hope your piggies feel better soon! I hate when my biggie piggies hurt!!!! REALLY glad about the biopsy too...although you have my deepest sympathies on the torture turkey positions!

peach

COME HOME DOTTIE COME HOME!!!
Old 05-23-2002, 09:28 PM   #12  
Hang In There

Default Hi all

Jo: I hope you enjoy your club and your water aerobics classes as much as I do. (and I wish mine was as cheap as yours)

Leens: My odlesst son was born on May 27th and the youngest on June 6th, one year apart. Since they have been grown we celebrate their birthday at the racetrack, horse races. It's the one thing all of us enjoy and since we can't aford to go too often, this is a yearly treat. We are going Monday. How many carbs in a frozen margarettia?

I got some news today, I'm not really happy with. I went to my doctor today for the final check on my right knee and to schedule the Left one. The usual lead time is six weeks, so I was thinking around the first of July. NO! the date is Aug 23rd. I was hoping to be well by then. We have just bought a building )for our business) and that's about when we'll be moving. (Hummmmm, maybe that's a good thing I'm sorry hun, I can't lift anything because of my leg. No I can't possibly mop that floor, hummm)

The other thing he told me was to up the intensity of my bike riding. I've been so proud of the fact that I was riding 30 minutes a day, and now he wants me to work harder?

So far since starting the low car 11 days ago I have lost 7.5 pounds.

Talk to you tomorrow.
Old 05-23-2002, 10:16 PM   #13  
Old Cackler

Default from a real eye witness report

peachie's *** oops.. POSTERIOR is actually getting smaller and flatter!!! you heard it here, first, ladies!!!

you ladies wear me out. i'm going to bed...

after a nice hot shower.