Old 07-25-2002, 08:58 AM   #16  
GARDENING ADDICT

Here's alittle bit about me

User name~~2BFIT1 (because that is what I want to be)

Real name~~Silvia (Sil)

Age~~48

Weight~~ 137/126/120

Ht~~ 5' 3"

Location~~Auburn, GA which is a rural area about 45 miles NE of Atlanta.

Married~~To my wonderful DH for 10 yrs (married on Valentines Day)

Kids~~DS , 27 (from previous marriage). He lives, works and attends a school of ministry in No. Carolina.

Pets~~My babies!! (dogs, although they don't know this, so don't tell them). 2 Yorkies: Shelby, 5# and Kasey 10#. One cat named Miller (because the neighbor who gave him to us drinkd Miller beer).

Work~~RN. I work as a Charge Nurse for a 42 bed Cardiac Intervention Unit. I only work on weekends so this leaves me the rest of the week to do whatever I want.

Favorite Cheat Food~~Tortilla chips, popcorn

Things I Enjoy~~ A few years ago I took some Horticulture/ Landscape Design classes and now I do Landscape Design Plans for clients. This, and working in my own yard, is my therapy and my passion!!! I also like sewing, reading, needlepoiny, travel, photography and getting closer to God.

Why I want to lose weight~~To be healthy , especially as I get older, and to feel good and look good for ME.

Diet~~I have done numerous diets over the years, but for one reason or another, I could not stay on they as a way of life. I have now taken all that I've learned (and what has worked for me in the past) and incorporated these into my present diet. Because I also do cardio and weight lifting for exercise, I need to get enough protein and carbs to build and tone muscles and lose fat at the same time. My sugar and fat intake are low and I keep my carb intake between 50-80gms/day. I try to cut out the processed carbs (bread,crackers, cereals) and stick to complex carbs instead.
Old 11-26-2002, 05:45 PM   #17  
Old Cackler

Default oh, ALL RIGHT. ruthie. just because you asked so nicely!!

Geographical location: northern new jersey

Marital Status: never married

Children/Ages: none

Occupation: medical writer and editor; currently Editorial Director of a company that does continuing medical education for MDs

Pets: a spoiled black cat

Hobbies/Interests: music, needlework, reading, swimming, hiking, birding

Height: 5'9"

Eye/Hair Color: brown/dark brown

Date of Surgery: January 29, 2002

Type of Surgery: Roux en Y gastric bypass

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: high school!!!!

Starting Weight: highest weight ever recorded: 506 in august, 2001

Weight at surgery: 409

Present Weight: 239 [down 267 since aug/sept 2001]

Goal Weight: 180 or so, although some docs think i should stop at around 200, but one doc wants me down at 150. we'll see!!!! PCP, that tiny little blonde woman, says i can stop at 200 and then have the plastic surgery. they're expecting to take at least 20 pounds of skin off at that time!!!

Biggest hurdle to overcome in managing after WLS: currently having trouble maintaining exercise and stamina

Anything else you would like to share with us:

i had the surgery not only because i was near death [really... a 5 week hospital stay plus 3 weeks in a nursing home learning how to walk again. it was awful!!], but also because i don't want to regain the weight!!

this journey would have been so much harder without the support and love of the ladies on this forum. the whole adventure has given me an entirely new perspective on life and what's important in this world. not that i didn't have a good idea earlier, but believe me, when you are unable to walk 10 feet, being able to do something as simple as grocery shopping without a strain is a gift!!!!

i'll probably revise this over time, but this should do for now..

Last edited by jiffypop; 04-29-2003 at 11:14 AM.
Old 11-26-2002, 07:41 PM   #18  
Domestic Goddess

Default Just the fact please....

Real name~~~ Christine

Age~~~ 35

Hair~~~ Blonde

Eyes~~~ Dark Green and Light brown mixed

Height~~~ 5'7

Weight~~~ I dont want to say. At least not right now

Married~~~ Yep,for thirteen years to Bob. A great guy who can still turn my head. I think he looks like Tom Cruise . He has beautiful black hair and green eyes. Just the combo that I wanted on my list of "need to have things" when I was thinking about getting married.

Kids~~~ You bet. I have 5 boys. Bobby is 12 in Dec. Michael is 10, Jonathan is 9, Clayton is 6 and Samuel is 5. I would have loved to have had one more, a boy, but Dr. said it wasnt a good idea. I have very big babbies .....10 and 11 pounders. I would have named that one William.

Hobbies~~~ I would love to someday have enough time to have a garden. I guess my biggest passion right now is cooking. I love to cook. I have for years. I actually had some strange man call me one time and ask me to make him a few dinners because he heard I was a good cook. I of course told him that he had the wrong number

Occupation~~~ I went to school to be a CNA ( Certified Nurses Aide) I dont work very often usually only once a week. I love to work with the mentally ill patience they are my favorite.

Second Occupation~~~ I homeschool my children. I love doing this. It gives us more time together and I know what they are up too. LOL!!!

Program of Choice~~~ Atkins. I remember reading the book and thinking to myself, "oh my word this book is about me" I feel better when I'm sugar free and I think I'm a better mom and wife. I dont have the mood swings, and I'm not stashing food and sneaking it.

Food Weakness~~~ Ice Cream , milk, orange juice, watermelon, chips and dip, Mtn. Dew.

Why Do I want to be thin~~~ O.K. this is probably going to sound awful but you asked.....I want to know that I'm pretty. I have everyone around me telling my how attractive they think I am but to me I cant be attractive unless I'm thin. Plus I want to knock DH socks off with a naughty nightie!!

Something you should know about me. I have a mental list of things that I want to accomplish someday.

1. Learn to play the volin. It's my favorite !

2. Be someones labor and delivery partner

3. Become a paramedic or an RN and be flight certified.

O.K. I think that's about all of me. Who's next??? I like doing this!!
Old 12-02-2002, 01:11 PM   #19  

My name is Katherine, and Yes i am a carboholic. I am from Iowa..reason enuff to over eat

I am 36 yrs old, mother of 4.... 10-8-5-5 ( yeah twins!)....Was heavy as a child, normal as a young adult.. had kids, got fat. lost some... quuit smoking, got fatter...
Having blood sugar issues.. need to lose
Current I don't know... scale broke.. but i started at 224 and was at 217 last check. I am 5'6".. athletic.. so I am more comfortable at a heavier weight.
My first mini goal is 199 by 01/01/03.. which is very doable to me if behave on this WOE...
My final goal is 150...which I hope to acheive by summer, but i suppose that will have to be adjusted. My true goal is to look good in a knock out dress .. make the love of my life go WHOA!!!

I exercise.. which I hate... but hey... if my butt gets any bigger I will be required by law to wear a back up beeper.

OK... hope i gave ya something interesting to read...
Old 12-02-2002, 03:17 PM   #20  

Hi all!

I am fairly new here and have not done a bio before so it may be a little too long.

I am 35 years old and live in Edmonton, Alberta. I met my husband in August of 1987 and got married in December of 1988. I have a 10 year old son and a 5 year old dog-ter named Amy lol(I say that because she thinks she's a person and acts like a bratty little sister to my son).

I have struggled with weight in my teens, but not by a whole lot. About three months after my son was born I was diagnosed with PCOS. No one told me about the amount of weight you can gain with it. 2 1/2 years ago I was having health problems. I was working a lot and my immune system had shut down. I took a leave from work for 3 months and then my husband and I decided that I would quit working and stay at home for a while. It took about 2 years before I started feeling better. Of course my Dr. told me to lose weight in that time, but with no help from her or other Dr.'s I gave up.

I knew I was fat, but tried so hard and didn't lose a thing. Earlier this year I stepped on the scale and couldn't believe that I weighed 222.5 lbs and am 5' tall. Right then and there I decided it had to go, one way or another.

The first 45 lbs were lost on a low-fat diet. Then the weight loss stopped and I found myself getting hungry all the time. Then I found this web site and started researching other "diets". I found so much info on LCing I researched it more. I now know that this is the way I need to do it.

With the help of a lower carb WOE and joing Spa Lady, I now weigh 153.5 and would like to get to 125 or if I can do it 120. I'll just have to see how it goes.
Old 12-10-2002, 02:09 PM   #21  

Default New Here!!

User Name: ToMnyJaxs

Starting weight/current/goal - 280 something. Not sure, never weigh myself, don't even own a scale! Goal is not really a weight but more a size - 12/14. Right now I'm a 24/26.

Married: Nope, not married. Too many things I want to do first.

Kids: If four legs and a tail count then I have three of them. All Jack Russells. Bo (the man of the house) is 6, almost 7 and my first Jack and the total love of my life. Chloe is the middle "child" at 3. Leslie-Anne is the baby at 2.

Pets: See "Kids" above.

Work: I work for a major law firm in downtown Dallas. I am a Docket Clerk. Basically I keep track of deadlines and responses so we don't get ourselves into trouble.

I'm not one for dieting. I was on WW as a kid and lost weight but hated not eating what the other kids did. My mom, bless her heart, just couldn't handle it. So she let me eat what I wanted. I've done the low-fat thing, excercising like a mad woman and managed to loose a whole 10 pounds!!! Yippy, NOT! I also have a pretty pathetic family history for weight and the lovely things that go along with it. So, I'm never going to be thin but I'm really okay with that. I just want to feel better and be able to keep up with my furbabies in the agility ring. Going to try Atkins.

Favorite diet cheat: Chocolate, Dr. Pepper

Hobbies: I show my pups at a dog sport known as Agility. You've probably seen it on things like Animal Planet where they go through an obstacle course. Been doing that now for about 5 years. I'd like to think we are good at it. I just want to be (and need to be) able to keep up with my speeds dogs. That's my entire motivation.

Reasons for wanting to lose weight: For myself. I want to be able to be "someone" in the agility ring.

What else? Looking forward to seeing what the Atkins way of life has to offer.
Old 12-11-2002, 05:34 PM   #22  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Welcome to the Low Carb Forum of 3FC!

Thanks for posting your bio. Now come and join us on the Low Carb! board where we post problems, daily life stuff and just generally fool around. It's a great group of supportive and funny Chicks.

By the way, I love your signature! I raise Portuguese Water Dogs who can be just as enthused as JRs!
Old 01-02-2003, 03:42 PM   #23  

Talking new to lo-carbs

My name is Misty and I'm ......a......car....bo...holic!! There I said it--now I need to deal with it and move on!

I am 31 and a SAHM--I REALLY identify with Pooky--I gained all my weight with my now 4 year old baby girl--I also take Paxil for anxiety and I have heard that it slows the metabolism--I hope not--but it could be a little problem.

Hi Ruthxxx--remember me from TPAAT?

Married--yes for 5 years now

Kids--(2) Tori is 4 and Alyssa is 8.

Pets--nope

Not much to say except I have been struggling for about 4 years now--I hope this routw has better results forme!!

misty
Old 01-08-2003, 09:24 AM   #24  

My user name is kelltra2, real name is Kelly

age- I am 27 years old

I live in Michigan and it is real cold right about now. I live in a med. size city. I am married with two children. Daughter is 4 and son is 2.

I am a stay at home mom, and loving it.

I have always worried about my weight, after the children it all went down hill.

I am on Atkins no carb diet. I am 152lb want to be 125lbs.

My down fall is emotional eating.
Old 01-08-2003, 03:41 PM   #25  

Hello My name is Donna and I live in Albuquerque which is where my handle comes from. I am 36. I am married to a wonderul man and have 5 beautiful children,15,14, 12 and 7 year old twins.

I quit working about a year ago because I have had several neck surgeries and also have Fibromyalgia and Chronic fatigue Syndrome. A year ago I beleive I was at my worst. So now I stay at home(ya right) taking the kids to ballet, jazz,drill team,soccer, wrestling and god knows what else. But I love it. My kids are my life.

This has been a rough year for me physically and emotionally. My oldest son is in treatment right now in another city for major depression. That has been quite stressful but needed to be done. He is doing better everyday.

My husband has been trying to lose weight for quite some time now. He and I both have tried the Atkins diet many times in the past. For him, he got off track while at work and I just couldnt handle the cravings. I have always been a carboholic.

We went to see our son on Xmas day and my husband told me that he had started the Atkins way of life again. I thought about it and realized that when I had done it, my pain levels had dropped but I could never stay on it long enough to see how well it really helped. I started again on Jan 1st. And even though I can say that I do need to lose weight..........I am 5'4 and 150, that will just be an added benefit for me. My #1 benefit will be feeling better. I have learned to live with my disabilities but if I can get off of some of the pain medications I will be very happy.

Thank you for allowing me to share and I hope that I get to know you all. I am new here and dont always have a lot to say but will try to. I am very happy right now that a week into induction im not insane and still beleive this is the way to go.

Hugs to all
Donna

Last edited by AbqLightz; 01-08-2003 at 05:03 PM.
Old 01-08-2003, 10:22 PM   #26  

Hello everyone that posted a bio. let me be the second one to welcome you in our midst. Our moderator was the first. We talk about anything and everything. From questions about our food choices, to celebrations when we make progress, to moral support when we are feeling down. We've been known to talk about other things too. So feel feee to join in We'd like to get to know you. Judy
Old 01-10-2003, 10:29 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 175/172/125

Height: 4'9"

Hi! My user name is Ms24Gal, but my real name is Motts

This is the first time I've ever been on the Atkins plan.
I want to lose the weight for myself. My husband said he loves me for who I am, however, I would feel a lot better about myself if I was a lot smaller. I'm 4'10 and was weighin in at 170; but now I believe I'm at least 168 or 167. My goal is to get to 120. I was also just recently diagnosed with high blood pressure; cholesterol and type II diabetes.

I am 33 y.o., married and live in Oxford, MS. I have three children from a previous marriage. I also have three birds: two cockatiels (Dixie & Eeyore) and an african grey timneh (Moe). I work full-time as an Administrative Secretary at the local University.

Can't wait to get to know everyone

Motts
Old 01-11-2003, 04:16 PM   #28  

Wink Here it is! Try to stay alert, there will be a quiz.....

User Name: Bellybegone; my most sincere wish!

starting weight/current/goal 195/185/140

Married, Kids? I am married to a wonderful guy, Adam, for 10 years now. He's never been a pound overweight in his life. But he's very supportive of my efforts to lose weight.

Pets? Caitlin; 4 pound Yorkshire Terrier. She's still in mourning for Bentley, my mail Yorkie who recently passed away from an inoperable brain tumor. He was truly my soul mate, and I miss him every day. Charlie, 6 mos. old Bichon. White little ball of fire; with WAY too much energy, but always a happy smile (yes, SMILE) and tail wag for everyone.

Work at home or whatever(occupation)? I work in the mortgage banking industry. Sounds like a big yawn, but it's actually crazy and a lot of fun. The days sure fly by!

Low carb plan, any personal modifications, favorite recipe? Just starting Atkins. Tried it once years ago; but didn't stick to it. Am much more determined this time.

Favorite diet cheat? Moose Tracks. The best ice cream on the planet.

Hobbies? I enjoy reading, gardening, cross stitch and boating.

Reasons for wanting to lose weight- I look like a beach ball with chicken legs.

What else do you think others should know about you? I'm truly happy to have found this site!

favorite color: Purple
favorite flower: Tulips
favorite movie: Singin' in the Rain (LOVE the oldies!)
favorite song: Anything by HEART.
Old 01-18-2003, 05:45 PM   #29  
SAHM to 4 boys!

Default My Bio

Oops, I didn't even know there was a Bio thread

User Name: jewel22 (my nickname & favorite number)

Starting weight/current/goal - 191.5/187.5/140

Married: Married to a wonderful DH for 17 yrs now!

Kids: 3 boys: Bryan 16, Chris 13 and Craig 18 mths! (Yes, he was planned!)

Pets: 1 chocolate lab, her name is Chocolate. (so original!) LOL

Work: I was a florist for 6 yrs, but I gave it up to be a SAHM, and I love it!

Favorite diet cheat: nachos & cheese and pepsi

Hobbies: computer, reading, music and during the spring & summertime a vegetable garden, yum!

Reasons for wanting to lose weight: Well, besides the obvious benefits of looking better, I want to feel better and be healthier. 191 is "severely obese" for a 5'3" frame! I think I have been in denial for 10 yrs that I am "severely obese". My BP stays in the high range of normal sometimes it creeps into the high range, when I was thin it was low. I am hoping that once the weight drops the BP will too.

I am so tired of being fat! And Low carb is the only way I can do this, the only way I know how to do this now! Lowfat diets just make me hungrier and in turn fatter! Ugh! I lost 20 lbs 2 1/2 yrs ago b4 my 3DS was born while I was doing CAD. So I am giving this a try now that he's weaned from BFing (yeah 5 mths ago!), no more excuses! Bathing suit weather will be here before I know it :s and we got a pool last yr! Ugh!

There that's me

Old 01-31-2003, 04:45 PM   #30  

Marital Status: married my live-in-boyfriend of 4 years in October; he's 27

Work: just retail, for now

Hobbies: crafts (could ya guess?), website design, message boards, working out, reading, debating, visiting friends
Reason why I want to lose weight: It's always been my goal, as long as I can remember.

Highest/Current/Goal: Highest... 180.... Current... 148... Goal... 120 (I'm 5'2)

We love dogs, and have one dog.

Favourite diet cheat? Anything sweet.