Old 05-17-2002, 06:50 AM   #1  
Big Loser

Talking Finally Friday May 17, 2002

Good morning chickies and Happy Friday!

Should be getting ready for work but I am a bit lazy!!!

Be back in a bit.
Old 05-17-2002, 07:34 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Scooby. Glad you told me it's Friday - date confusion here sometimes.

Miss Lucy and I are off to Obedience Class shortly. We did not do our homework during the week so I am hoping we don't look too silly at class. She starts show training June 1 so we need to get a few things straight before then. By the way, she has not yet figured out how to escape from the new and improved Dog Garden.

Yesterday I had a bone density test - just as a baseline. I thought this was one test where you did not need to take off your clothes, however, underwires screw that up. Interesting process with the computer. Initial results show my spine may have a bit of osteo (I have lost and inch in height) but the hip and leg bones are in great shape. Probably from weight bearing exercise carrying this heavy body around!

Gotta go - need to walk Hershey before Lucy and I leave for class.
Old 05-17-2002, 08:01 AM   #3  
Old Cackler

Default happy friday everyone!!!

sometimes it seems to take soo long for it to get here!!

scooby... maybe if you invite that rider to join you at the gym, it'll scare her off!!!! she's nervy!!!!

and ruth, i hope lucy teaches you more obedience!!!!! LOLOLOLOL sorry. i couldnh't help it. i helped train a couple of german shepherds, and it was interesting and fun, but i was not always sure which of us was learning ....

well, this company is getting ready to make me an offer. i still think they're nuts, but they are willing to change. and they've managed to hire a wonderful bunch of people: proud of their work, intelligent, kind, and committed to doing their best. but everyone admits that they're burning out too quickly, and tired and frustrated.

so, as long as i can help make this company move to a more organized [oh stop laughing peachie!!!] process, i can live with this. for a year.

other than that, and this latest cold, nothing much. except that i missed peachie's oldest son's little league game last night. and that was a big disappointment, since the little guys are soooo cute.

oh. and the support group meeting for the weight loss surgery was tuesday night. we've all agreed: the dietician is NUTS and not very helpful. and we're complaining to the surgeons, so there will probably be some changes.

have a good day, ya'll...
Old 05-17-2002, 08:14 AM   #4  

Morning ladies.

I am still trying to get the sleep out of my eyes. We saw a 9:30 showing of Star Wars. I cannot believe that both my boys were able to stay up for the whole thing. This family are real SW fans. But first my dh and some friends had to watch Survivor, that is why we went to such a late show. Nothing we would do often, but it was fun for the boys. The late evening crowd was full of mildly rowdy college students and the boys had fun with their hootin and halloring. I enjoyed the movie, it did get a bit long near the end and I would like to have use the fast forward button during the battle scene, not because I was bored, but because this gal had a difficult time keepin her eyes open. So I was in bed by 12:45 and up at 5:00

I.V. coffee please!

Ruthie have fun at obedience class, wish I could watch.

Scooby, Jiff had a great suggestion, just say you cannot miss your workout, and suggest she join you. If nothing else, you may gain a exercise partner!

Jiff, I know that company must really be on the ball if they are getting ready to offer you a job.

have a great op friday!
Old 05-17-2002, 09:19 AM   #5  

Good Friday Morning everyone! And it's a long weekend too!!!

Not much on my agenda today but tonight I get to go se Star Wars! Dh is taking care of Miree tonight so I'm off to take in the 7 pm show. I can't wait!

I'm drinking the protein shake right now and it definitely needs a boost- very bland, very very bland. All I know is that I am kicking this weight loss inot high gear and getting myself back on track. I got seriously derailed there for a while and now I think I'm crawling my butt out of the funk I'm in. Let's hope there's some weight loss, ovulation and a baby on the way out of it!

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 05-17-2002, 12:09 PM   #6  
Senior Chicky

Smile T.G.I.F. !!

I don't know why I feel that way! With home based businesses the work week doesn't always end on Friday!

Aw well, a cool rainy morning here in Houston! We need the rain so badly that I'm not complaing-but dh is! Of course, there goes my clean entry and kitchen floor and rugs!

Ruthy- at Jif's comment! Maybe obedience school really is for Miss Lucy to get YOU to obey!

Jif-Glad they appreciate the terrific person they have in you! As long as you're happy (and the $$ is right) go for it! Have you decided how you're going to celebrate yet?

Pooky-Good luck on the new meds! After 30 + years of raising kids I can't for the life of me even imagine wanting another one! But sure look forward to those grandkids!

Scooby-I can't believe she had the nerve to call you again! Does she not have a vehicle? That's a good idea. Next time she calls, just inform her the only way you could POSSIBLY give her a ride is if she's ready early enough to go to the gym first! Maybe she'll stop asking.

Jenny-Stephens gf Crystal went to the late show for SW last nite too. She said it was good but she nodded off twice it was so long! Here's a cup of coffee! Maybe a cat nap at lunch ?

I have lots to do today but am watching grandson as he's been home sick for two days and sis (dd) has counseling and a victims assistance meeting today. After that car accident I am scared to death of her driving in this rain but understand she has to go. So, cancel nails/pedicure and putting a meeting on hold for dd's business, etc.. And with the little guy being sick I can't even play with him!

Still doing well with staying OP. Something just finally clicked last week that has put me in a different mindset. I think part, and probably a large part, is always putting myself last and allowing my family and dh to do the same. I think I was hiding behind my weight as a way to shield myself against other issues. Oh, I don't mean to go too deep cause it would definately take a whole thread to get into all the emotional/psycho stuff, but I wonder how many of us may hide our insecurities, fears, etc.. behind our weight? I'm glad that I finally figured some of it out because emotionally I feel better than I have in a couple of years or so.

Popped into chat for a while last night and enjoyed it. All there are doing WW but interested in LC and possibly combining. Thinlizzie, Debya, mato, summerson and a few others were there. Very nice that there is respect given to all plans as our struggle is the same!

Better check in on the little one. I'll check back in later!

Have a terrific day!

J
Old 05-17-2002, 12:22 PM   #7  
Hang In There

Default Help me be strong...

I;m getting ready to go to lunch with an old friend and we are going to a mexican resturant. Help me stay out of the chips!!!
I seem to be doing okay, but still I'm not exactly sure what I should and shouldn't be eating. I'd like to know more about the protein power diet, How many times do you do the protein drink? What do y ou eat the other meals? I think sometimes you can get too much information, and I'm sorta feeling that way today. As a rule of thumb, is there a number of carbs to eat in a day? A number to keep under? None of the books I've been reading see to mention that.

Thanks
Old 05-17-2002, 12:59 PM   #8  
Senior Chicky

Angry Hey Barb -

Mexican food is my BIGGEST weakness. This is how I stay OP when I go.

I push to chips toward dh and don't watch!

Menu selections would be one of the following -

taco salad - I don't eat the shell but use some salsa for topping - it seems to help ward on the chip/salsa desire

chicken fajita's - no tortillas. but request large lettuce leafs. I wrap my fajita makings in the lettuce instead of tortillas OR
enjoy the meat/guacamole/sour cream with the pica de gallo.

It takes a bit of getting used to but our local and fav Mex restaurant knows exactly what to put on my plate now!

I'm going to see if I can pull up a couple old threads for you as far as your other questions!

Good luck!

J
Old 05-17-2002, 02:27 PM   #9  
Hang In There

Default thanks J

I am sooooo proud of myself. I had a great meal of chicken fajita meat, grilled onions & pepers and sour cream, guacamole. with the little lettuce it sits on. I concentrated on the conversation with old friends and am plenty full and satisifed. It was not nearly as bad as I expected.

Now I'm going back to read the other threads.
Old 05-17-2002, 02:37 PM   #10  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good afternoon kids,

I got a monkey on my back and its name is BOSS !! she won't let me breath today, so this will be short and sweet.

Who said guacamole ?? mmmmmmmmmmmm I have a recipe for it with chunks of tomatoes and stuff, I'm going to try to make it this weekend. I have been craving Mexican food for weeks now and here you girls are talking about it...nummy.

Nothing much new here sosdd except I did really bad today on my diet and its only 2:30 pm. SIGH ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Oh well, have a wonderful weekend everyone, and hopefully, God Willing, I'll talk to you on Monday.

Love, Leens
Old 05-17-2002, 05:50 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Talking Hey everyone!

Barb, MamaJ, and Leens, you all are killing me with the Mexican food cravings! My favorite meal at my local restaurant is pollo fundido, it's chicken breast under this incredible cheese served with a guacamole salad and it is WONDERFUL!! And low carb, to boot! I just ask the waiter not to even bring the chips, and that's how I stay away from them. Although, tonight, I might just . . . . NO I WON'T! I'm being strong today

Just a check in here, I'm off to buy groceries. At Wal-Mart, which means I will spend about 200 more dollars than I want to! Why do I do this to myself?

Ya'll have a happy Friday and I'll check with you tomorrow. Great to see all the posts today, by the way!
Old 05-17-2002, 07:51 PM   #12  
A new Mom

I love the pollo fundido too... only here it comes in a flour tortilla... I just scrape out the insides though and leave the tortilla... I wonder if they could do it without the tortilla... hmm... I'll have to ask.

hmmm might just go there for dinner tonight.... or for take out at the very least... hmmm...

Lara