Old 01-26-2002, 06:32 AM   #1  

Default daily, weekend, january 26 & 27

starting up...

no poems, no limericks, no knock-knock jokes.

just coffee. any takers?
Old 01-26-2002, 06:38 AM   #2  

some people have waaaay too much time on their hands!

you guys are too much.

I'm up early cause DH and I both have to work this weekend because of our accreditation survey. I'm sure I'll be eating as many carbs as possible probably, so I shouldn't even show up here! I am starting off with protein breakfast though, so I hope that will help.

Not much else going on. I guess I'll check back tonite and see if the muses have been busy!

still laughing from yesterday's daily,
dottie
Old 01-26-2002, 06:54 AM   #3  

Morning Dottie!

Dottie, don't go eating the carbs today. The day that you posted that you ate pasta I was really tempted to have it at dinner but I kept remembering how lousy you felt the next day and did not do it...so stay on the straight and narrow today ok, you really helped me that day and if I can return the favor it would be a pleasure.

Chickadee, I want to thank you for keeping me from snacking last night. I was really fighting the demons last night and it really helped to see your posts. I even went to bed a bit hungry last night and LIVED thru it...don't that beat all!

The big kid has his boy scout regatta today and I JUST finished putting on the sealer to his boat...hope that thing floats!

The guy is coming to replace the windshield of the van today! I don't know if I mentioned this but on our trip over Christmas we stopped for the night in North Carolina. The wind was really blowing and it knocked a luggage carrier onto the windshield. Broke dh's heart that he was going to have to pay to get it fixed!

Have a good one chickies...weekends are the toughest for me. I have lost 4 pounds this week eating small and I am pretty determined not to blow it this weekend! AND I FEEL SO MUCH BETTER!

Spot, of course we love you, get posting!

peach
Old 01-26-2002, 07:27 AM   #4  
Big Loser

Morning ladies....

Peach, 4 lbs is great!!!

Dottie, Peach is right you will feel better if you don't eat junk, bring some boiled eggs or something with you. DRINK WATER!!!!

Not much planned here this weekend, DH has to finish up the bathroom and i need to get some groceries. Little DS wants me to take him to the Y swimming, which means my lovely white legs will be exposed for all the world to see, I am sure if I don a bathing suit anywhere other than my yard I will clear the area, people will run in pure terror.......

Tommorrow is church for me and SUnday school for the kids. I skipped last week and felt guilty, but only for a minute, and then I felt guilty because I didn't feel guilty.....

Have a great day all!!!
Old 01-26-2002, 09:44 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs down Good morning and happy weekend!

Rachel, your legs couldn't possibly be any whiter than mine. I just tell people that this is my tan, I used to be clear! It's so bad even I don't like to look at them.

Nothing planned here today, just some errands and bills to pay and then fun with kiddo. She spent the night with friends last night, at her insistence (sp) and then she cried because she missed me. Ain't that cute? She didn't miss me a bit when I was leaving and it hurt my feelings. Moms are so dumb sometimes!

By the way, Peach and Chickadee, you guys made my evening last night while I was missing DD and laughing instead of crying. It was wonderful!

Have a good one, ya'll!
Old 01-26-2002, 12:27 PM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

You Chicks are absolutely nuts!

What a bunch of talent! I'm not sure who should be poet laureate of the group but that sure was a fun read this morning. Woke up the dog and DH and then had to explain why I was laughing! And then I forgot to post.

Just back from our Annual Church meeting - what a great group of people we have! We are a very small congregation - average service attendance is 10 - but everyone is full of enthusiasm. We even are in the black financially.

Spring seems to be here in Eastern Ontario today - temps in the 40'sF and the snow melting really fast. However, I really know that spring can't come this early. Hershey and I will go for a village walk this afternoon without Lucy who can't do long walks yet. This is a bonus day!

Going to throw in a load of laundry and have lunch first. Our meeting this morning was a breakfast meeting and I was able to stay OP - scrambled eggs and bacon.

Catch you later.
Old 01-26-2002, 12:42 PM   #7  
Natural Health Educator

Angry food!!!!!!!!

I am sitting here giggling...Like I said, i am new here to the LC forum. Here is a quick intro. I am a US citizen, but living on a small isalnd off the coast of SOuth America. I am married, and have struggled to remain LC for years 'cause i have PCOS. I am in a spanish speaking country, one which LOVES anything fried, and battered in corn flour, so I cringe everytime I go shopping. veggies here means cole slaw or fried plantains. ever eaten them>? They are like a starchy banana, that when you prepare it when it is green kinda tastes like a potatoe. when it is yellow it is sweet like a banana only they fry them in thin logs in lots of corn oil...talk about a coronary! Worse yet they contain TONS of carbs. I was eating them thinking they were healthy till I punched them into my new diet diary at asimba, (now fitnessonline) and found out that they are a havoc wrecker. so...now i dont get to eat veggies out. they don't have saled here at the restaraunts either. Just wilted lettuce....OK forgive me the spellling mistakes. i really did graduate university, only i type fast. DH says i need an editor sometimes. anyway, this weekend i am determined to do ok. I started the day with a three mile run on teh dirt road by my house, then I did weights with DH. He left for work and asked me to bake cookies and make him pesto on pasta for supper....TALK ABOUT HAVOC...so, i am baking me some beans and will have chic peas and my cucumber and tomaoe saled with feta....I love middle eastern food so i eat tons of chic peas. I know they have carbs but they are complex so i try to use them in place of other more horrendous stuff like PASTA with PESTO. I am dreading to cook this meal. I so love pasta, only my PCOS hates it. and if i eat it that means i have to refrain from the one cookie i told myself i could eat if i was good today.....be thinking of me ladies!!!!!!!!!!!!!

=^..^=
Old 01-26-2002, 12:48 PM   #8  
Natural Health Educator

Default forgot something

oh- I forgot to say why I was giggling....see, where i live it is like 90 plus degrees year round. no snow, no sleet, nothing but pure honest to goodness sunshine. plus a short rainy season which we are in right now. I giggle 'cause for me it is impossible not to tan, and every time i go up north to visit mom and dad and sisters i see all these people with whiter skin than me and I think there is something wrong. BUt it really is normal not to have a tan when you go through winter, only for me i can't get away from the sun....yes, in some ways it might seem like heaven, but with out and air conditioner, and when the wind dies down and its like 112 out, well, you get the picture...sometimes i have to workout or run in the dark since the sun is so bright i will burn if I go out in it. DH is naturally dark skinned but even he burns if we stay out to long. I figure that heat beats frost though, so i live with it. I just wonder sometimes what ie would be like to feel snow again..

=^..^=
Old 01-26-2002, 02:35 PM   #9  

Ok,you guys are just slaying me! I didn't even get a chance to see the responses and now I'm part of poetry forever?? Well, it doesn't stop here my friends...

Made up this little poem
Just to let me show 'em
I've got better answers
Than those June Taylor Dancers
Now I've that I've got your attention
I just thought I'd better mention
That Sherrie's in stitches and Spottie is touched
Chickadee's been drinkin' (water--and too much!)
Peach in a pink boa and Mama's too sick
(Too many teens, I think that's the trick)
But poor Pooky's butt is still on
More LCing has to be done
So here's my water glass toast
To all my LC friends--coast to coast!
Old 01-26-2002, 04:17 PM   #10  

Hi!

I promise, no bad poems in this post, but y'all watch out, they could make a reappearance at any time! The y'all was for all you southern gals, and I don't mean southern Canada!

Pooky Loo I think you just gained entry into the MamaJ and Chickadee Live Poets Society. Welcome to our organization! We don't accept just anyone you know, only poets who can create masterpieces about tingling, Peachfuzz and the June Taylor Dancers. To maintain your membership, every so often, you will be required to dazzle us with wit and rhyme. Congratulations darling!

Peachie If all it takes to keep you OP is bad limericks, I'll write you one everyday! I might have to recruit Janice or Pooky on occasion, but it can be done. Next time you're deviating, we will be there, right girls? Hey, four pounds rocks!

Dottie I agree with the others - you can stay OP today! You'll feel better and be so proud. As a matter of fact, if you don't, it's entirely possible that you will be the next victim of a bad poem!

Would you believe I have to go and work out? Today is two-mile tape day and I need to get it done before I find anymore excuses not to do it.

Have a fun weekend everyone!
Chickadee (who signed her actual name this time!)
Old 01-26-2002, 09:19 PM   #11  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Good gosh I am laughin as I love that i used to be clear!!! I am italian but light skinned freckels and red hair (it has turned darker now). I tell every one I am an albino italian!! LOL

Welcome meowmew!! I used to live down south sortof in Phoenix Arizona In my high school days and i used to love the weather. although i miss it i missed the changes alot. (I have been having a very mild winter this year so I am not to upset!!)

Good luck with the dinner for DH!!!

Peach 4 lbs wow that is great!! how did the little guy do in his regatta!! we had our pinwood derby last week! I placed 3rd!!
Old 01-27-2002, 07:03 AM   #12  
Big Loser

Default Happy Sunday

Good morning everyone!!!

Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend. I am up and preparing to get in the shower so we can go to early church and DS can go to Sunday school.

DH and I had date night last night, we went out to dinner, this is scary I was not hungry! I had a salad and a bite of his baked potato. What is up with that!!!!!!!!!

We went and saw Black Hawk Down. Which is apparently a very realistic depiction of the events in Somalia in 1993. It was very disturbing. Particulary since my brother is in the military, I think it would be disturbing if he wasn't. Anyway, please say an extra prayer today for our men and women in the military!!

Back to work tommorrow, it hardly seems possible. My bathrom is still not finished and I am wondering if it ever will be(whineWhine)

Hope you ladies all have a great day!!!!
Old 01-27-2002, 08:05 AM   #13  

Sunday morning-

Thanks for your encouragement for yesterday! I didn't do TOO horribly- some afternoon cookies, but I ate SMALL the rest of the day, and made SF pudding last night, so I think I came out alive!

We rented "Pollock" last night; the story of Jackson Pollock and Lee Krasner, artists that lived here in Long Island- he is fairly famous, but she is more known locally. It was good, but kind of heavy- he was an intense guy and seriously alcoholic. Not cheery, but interesting.

Today is just squeezing the weeks housework, laundry, bills, and cooking into the early part of the day. The chicken is in the oven(for lunches), the towels are in the dryer, the dishes are done. We have a family dinner at DM's tonight, so I don't have to cook, and will get into bed early. I want an hour to go to the store, I am desperate for a pair of comfortable cushiony shoes, I have been wearing the same pair of old Clarks loafers everyday for three weeks because they have a really good sole, and I've been on my feet a lot. They are looking kind of sad!

That's it! It's beautiful and sunny and (relatively) warm, so I think I'll WALK to get the paper and some fresh air!

have a good one,
dottie
Old 01-27-2002, 09:33 AM   #14  

Good Moring Chickies!

Dh let me sleep in today so I'mfull of energy right after I have my coffee which I know dh has onthe brew as we speak!

Dh pointed out his sad lack of underwear (he's wearing the final pair!) so it's to the laundry pile I go! Other than that I am searching the internet for some great breadmaker recipes--found a bunch at the kitchenlink.com and some of then are really fancy. I even found a recipe for Cinnabon cinnamon buns! YIKES! Now that will blow any proram I'm on! Promise to only whip these out when company is coming!

Have a great day chicks!
Old 01-27-2002, 12:55 PM   #15  

Welcome Meow!!! keep posting because we in the semi chilly areas love to hear about that warm climate!!

Very quiet day here. The little guy is sick and very very quiet. Not like him at all. I think, that even tho it is a beautiful day outside that we will be having a Pokemon Marathon So....while he is quiet, I will paint Wall sconces for inquiring minds.

The big kid just came home from a State Wrestling Qualifier...and he is in there. He is now upstairs with his dad working on the dreaded book project and soon I will hear "MOM MOM MOM...I want you to do this!!!" not a chance.

This may sound weird but I never did start writing a journal but I think that I am going to start writing letters to myself as a way of keeping a journal. Something like, Dear Ms Pit....signed, peach or vise a versa depending on who is winning or losing the battle that day! I bet Sybil signs a few!

Well! that is it for me today...can't stand the excitement but I am still on the straight and narrow walking the balance beam.

don't cause any trouble...at least not without me ok?

peach