Old 12-21-2001, 06:02 AM   #1  

Default Daily - Friday - December 21st

Hallo everyone!

Been very busy but the past few days at the office, I did not have a change to write. I will be on leave from today until the 2nd of January NEXT YEAR!!!

Hope you al have finished your Christmas shopping by now. A section of the roof of a two-story shopping mall close to my house collapsed yesterday. About 50 people were injured. I love to go there after work. Now the whole place is closed for the public.

My friends and I decided that this year we are going to give ONLY home made gifts. I am going to make them all hand made soaps that I make myself. My favorite soap is one that I make with tee tree oil, it is refreshing and very good for your skin.

I want to use this opportunity to thank you all for everything that you have done for me through the past few months. I have managed to loose 30.8lbs up to date thanks to you all.

I wish you all a Merry Christmas!!!!!

216/185/132

Last edited by Hensa; 12-21-2001 at 06:17 AM.
Old 12-21-2001, 06:14 AM   #2  

Default Off for the weekend

I am off to visit DH's BIL and his wife and their mother, and grandmother(97) in Southern Delaware. A 5 hour trip the last 3 shopping days before Christmas! Augh!

But it will be fun to see them, it was unplanned but a spontaneous idea by Bob's brother. So off we go. I am usually more OP when I am supervised around the clock by DH than when left to my own devices, so I might actually do OK. Just have to cut the water today and again Sunday for the return drive!

Hensa, I heard about that mall, that was so upsetting!

Hi to everyone else, what busy elves we all are! But you guys all have the BALANCE thing down pretty well too, I'd say-

so enjoy it!

love, dottie
Old 12-21-2001, 06:29 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default TGIF Everyone!

Friday already! I am about to leave to get my huge grocery order but need to clean out my fridge first. Hershey has been out and had sardines and crunchies and DH is slowly coming alive.

Hensa, nice to see you posting - I too read about the Mall and wondered if you were in Pretoria. How horrible! Excellent weightloss, Chickie - you have done very well. I guess you use the office PC so we won't "see" you for a while. I wish you and your man a very Merry Christmas and even slimmer New Year.

Dottie Does Delaware? I am sure the trip will be very much appreciated. Nice to know your DH keeps you OP. I definitely know what you mean about cutting the water! Safe trip - in all ways.

Have a fabulous Friday.
Old 12-21-2001, 06:29 AM   #4  

Yes Dottie we all were very upset after hearing and later seeing what happened. My sister-in-law and her two sons were in the bank at the time that the roof gave in. Luckily the bank is on the other side of the building, they phoned immediately after it happened to assure us that they are okay. (Thanks for cellphones) They planned on going scatting that afternoon but she got caught up at the office and left much later than planned. Me on the other side did not feel very good yesterday and went straight home, I was planning on going shopping after work Tragedies like that happen so quickly…..
Old 12-21-2001, 07:33 AM   #5  

Hi Gang! Hubby's home from the hospital, and can't do "diddly squat", so nurse Florence Nightingale here is running in big circles, don't know for how long til I do a face plant. He feels back, gotta master those crutches....I'm not cut out to be the Genie with the tea...

Everyone's running....well nearly everyone....I have to admit - this time next wk. will be a relief.....

Must wash my hair now (it's 6:30 a.m) but this will be my only chance today - because of my triple duty....

Pray for me you guys, and my husband too - must be awful not to be able to do diddly squat - when you've been "the master of the universe" for sooo long - luckily - this will pass as that rebuilt foot improves and he has a while to heal, but in the meantime, not too many ha-has here.....

I'm going to try to squeeze in Lord of the Rings today (maybe a matiness) - but, we'll see.

Overeating is not an issue....not today...
Old 12-21-2001, 07:40 AM   #6  

Good morning chickies!

TGIF! and I am only working until 10:30 and then four days off, and than I will be working only 2-3 hours a day for the week. I will come in early and be home by the time my boys roll out of bed.

I can breathe a little easier today. Our new database is in at work and most of the school parties are over. I just have to finish wrapping the class gifts my boys will be giving their friends today. Last year during post Christmas sales, I happened upon a great deal an small plush Gingerbread men ornaments, normally selling for $2.99 at a bargen of 25 cents! I was able to buy enough for their classes. I am wrapping them in cellophane and adding a Christmas candy to each. Cheap but time consuming, Wrapping a total of 43.

Did my catching up reading on the boards and I would like to welcome our newcomers.

Ruthie, I never knew that Hershey was a calender girl!

Jenni, have a nice reunion today with DH, it sounds like a very special day for all.

Peachie, sounds like you are one busy chick!

Pooky I bet you were crushed when they cancelled the Christmas program. Any chance they can perform it during class or at some other time?

Take care all,

jenny
Old 12-21-2001, 08:18 AM   #7  

Just flying in and out today chicks! My Miree has her Christmas sing song at school today (as a replacement to the Christmas concert) and I am picking up dh to take him to see her! He got special permission to leave and see her--she'll be so surprised to see her daddy there!

So many in before me--happy Christmas to Hensa and Dottie who won't be with us for the holidays and anyone else who won't be--Merry Christmas!

Have a great one chickies!
Old 12-21-2001, 09:01 AM   #8  
JHP

S/C/G: 351.5/201/136

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning!

Working half day today due to a doctor's appointment. As some of you know I have been struggling with eating disorders, depression, anxiety and body dysmorphia disorder for a while. I am seeing a therapist but have resisted anti-depressants believing I could get through this without them. I now realize that isn't possible, so off to the doctor I go for a prescription and hopefully I'll be feeling myself again.

Hensa - Hi!!
Sherri - Congrats on the new nephew. What a great Christmas present!
Dottie - Hope you have a good, safe trip
Pooky - Enjoy the Christmas sing song
Kermie - DH & I are thinking about going to see Lord of the Rings Christmas day.

Hi Jenny, Ruth, Linda, Peach and all to come.

Have a great day!

Jennifer
Old 12-21-2001, 09:25 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Talking Good Morning Chickies!

So it looks like everybody is doing the Christmas Shuffle!

For all of you guys talking about seeing Lord of the Rings..... my oldest son saw it yesterday with a friend thinking it was gonna be a "lame" movie and came back home saying it was "AWESOME" and that he wants to see it again this weekend with his younger brother. So it must have been really good! He did say it was almost 3 hours long so sounds like a good way to spend the afternoon.

We have Christmas Dinner here at work today and I brought in a runny pecan pie. Anyone who knows me would be so proud of me - normally I would not bring a runny pecan pie somewhere but I figure what the heck - those that want pecan pie can eat it with a spoon!

In case I don't get back in here until after Christmas --- I wish all you chickadees a wonderful and Blessed Christmas full of peace and joy and life!

Hugs, Cathy
Old 12-21-2001, 09:39 AM   #10  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Oh Happy Friday.

Gonna do some more shopping MAYBE or go see Mom - love that woman.

But coffee comes first.

Have a Great Friday !!

Love Leens
Old 12-21-2001, 09:41 AM   #11  

Default Good Morning

Dropping in very brieflly to say have a great weekend. In laws are coming tomorrow so I need to get the baking done today. I am finding that I already feel better following a low carb diet , more energy etc. I wish that I ahd started sooner.
Old 12-21-2001, 10:25 AM   #12  
Big Loser

WOW!!! Everyone sounds busy and doing well today!!!

I got up early and have been cleaning and doing laundry ever since. Just catching up, I even washed a couple of windows!!!

My babysitter is coming over later so I can grocery shop and do some last minute things. Then I can stay home and hang out Yea!!!

My kids excitement is increasing by the hour they will have driven me crazy by Christmas Eve

They want to open just one present please, please

This is our first year in TN so all of the Florida relatives keep sending boxes, quite fun for the kiddies, and messy for Mom!!!

I hope everyone has a fabulous day!!!
Old 12-21-2001, 12:02 PM   #13  

Hi My Friends,

Hey Cathyxxx, I am the only Chickadee here! Actually, you all can be chickadees if you want, we're kind of cute in a roly-poly way!

Today is wrapping day. For once in my life, I'm not going to spend all Christmas eve night (after church and friends) wrapping. I might actually get some sleep! But how to wrap some really butt-ugly lamps? They are huge, old and have a Tahitian man on one, woman on the other. The shades are enormous and trimmed in faux fur. They are so ugly they're cool and my younger brother wants them so bad he can't stand it. So, being the great sister I am, he shall have them even if they remain unwrapped. We are from a rather strange family!

I spent yesterday baking. It was so fun. I made cheesecake brownies, my favorite almond-poppyseed cookies, cinnamon rolls and homemade caramels. And I didn't taste one single thing til my Reward Meal. Why do you suppose this morning wasn't as good? I rarely cheat, but this morning a cinnamon roll found it's way right into me and I enjoyed it! I love Christmas, but will be glad when it's over too.

I gotta go, but wanted to remind you guys that if you can, there's still one more Christmas gift you need to give. Donate to this site if you can, so we can keep it going! If you have an account at Amazon, it's really, really easy. They way I figure is that it's a bargain since I don't pay for any meetings or programs and this is my support lifeline.

Have a great day!
Chickadee
Old 12-21-2001, 01:59 PM   #14  
Slimwithin

Gosh you guys must come here early. It's not even 11 am here yet but I bet I'm the last Chick reporting in.
So many of you too! Wow! What a great flock!
Hensa, I read in this morning's paper about the mall in Pretoria collapsing. That happened here to a large food supermarket just after it opened. There was a car park on the roof and it couldn't take the weight of the cars and some wet snow. Glad to hear all your family's ok.
Not much new here. I've been sampling my own Christmas baking and I don't expect great news at my WW weigh-in today. Going out to lunch with a fellow WW right after to compound the problem.
I haven't started gift wrapping yet but I haven't bought very much this year. DH got his gifts when he went to Germany and I bought him new jacket and shirts so he'd better not expect more. Presents to daughter and SIL in Scotland long sent. Just two presents for each grandson, a new jacket for #1 daughter and gift certificates for her hubby. No imagination this year I'm ashamed to say.
Thinking of all of you and hoping your Christmas is wonderful.
Old 12-21-2001, 04:49 PM   #15  

Linda, I'm with you -- these girls are too up and at 'em every day! Being in the west sure does make me feel like I'm continually behind!

DH made it home! And, now DD won't leave him alone! She is SO happy to have her Daddy home and told him that he can't take any more big trips! DD#2 (almost 2 y/o) didn't know who he was. There were reporters at the pier and it was somewhat embarassing when she let out a great big scream as he tried to hug her!

Just wanted to check in briefly. Couldn't stay away (plus, I promptly put DH to work in the garage!)

I hope you ALL have such a great holiday. Special wishes to each and every one of you this Christmas!