Old 11-05-2001, 05:54 AM   #1  

Default Daily - Monday - Nov 5th

Hallo everyone.

Hope you all had a lovely weekend, I really enjoyed mine.

Friday evening I achieved something that I am very proud off. Remember we visit my friend for a braai, well she baked a chocolate cake and apple pie for desert. I was very, very tempted to eat some of that apple pie. (I made myself a promise that I will have something ‘forbidden’ when I am on holiday and not before.) I felt like running away but everywhere I went I could see, and taste and smell it in my imagination. So I decide to face my fears, the apple pie is not my boss I am his boss and I volunteer to take the orders and cut and hand it out. I succeeded, I did not have a crumb. That evening I felt very proud of myself and really felt as if I achieved something. You know If I tell this to somebody else they would laugh at me for being so silly but I know you all know exactly how hard it is to resist and be strong some times.

Saturday morning at the church function Nada (my sister in-law) and I were chosen to be on the Management Board of the ladies of our church, we from part of team of 6 ladies. It is our responsibility to arrange fund raising events, outings for the ladies, people to come and talk about relevant subject’s etc, for the year 2002. (I am sure there is allot more tasks that I don’t even know about) I really look forward to that, I think it will help me grow not only as a person but most important as a Christian.

I joined the African Violet Society of South Africa on Saturday. African violets are a very delicate little plant that carry the most adorable, fine little flowers, I always had success growing these fine plants, but never known about the society. They have meetings through the year and exchange new cultivar’s, and tips on growing them. If you don’t know what the flower looks like here is a few site that you can visit. violetperfection.com/, www.avsa.org. www african- violets.com,

My weight is now down to 191.7lbs, hope I can get it under 190 before I go on leave at the end of this week. Total lost so far is 24.3lbs. For this achievement I have to thank my friend on 3FC, on my own I certainly would not have gotten so far. THANKS TO ALL OF YOU.

REMEMBER TO DRINK YOUR WATER!
Old 11-05-2001, 07:27 AM   #2  

Default I hate Monday mornings!

Well, DH is off to drive his 90 minutes to work and it's 32 degrees outside. I took it pretty easy yesterday. We didn't even go to church for a change. Our church had the annual turkey dinner and DH went and got some as take-outs. Included in each one is a piece of cherry pie. You will be proud of me as I gave my piece to him!
I'm going to be very careful this week about salt intake. I'm still wondering what is making me retain water so much! I check my pulse often and it is just fine and steady, the same as always!
Today I'm going to do the usual household stuff and I'd like to pack away the gardening clothing and paraphernalia for the year.
Geesh, before we know it, Christmas will be here! I give up trying to buy gifts for my three preteen granddaughters as I haven't a clue what children that age like. Also, the two in the city are completely different than the one in the country! They're getting gift certificates. Our 4yo grandson is easy, just get him "boy stuff"!
Have a good day everyone and God bless!
Old 11-05-2001, 08:10 AM   #3  

Good Morning Hensa and Tippy and all those to come!

I have already been and taken the wee one to daycare and I am home alone. I had the worst case of heartburn in the middleof the night--got up and took some Rolaids. Usually I have the stomach of steel so something must have really upset it!

Not much on the agenda today, just general cleaing and the last 2 loads of laundry. So exciting, eh?

Ruth, I want to see more pictures of the puppies please!

Have a good one everyone!
Old 11-05-2001, 08:21 AM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good morning everyone,

Glad to see all had a good weekend.

Well its another day and ANOTHER start to my freakin diet and exercise LOLOL.
Hi ho hi ho its off to exercising I go..........la la la la la la
I know don't quit my day job right

Well bambino is bellowing so I must go.

Have a nice day.
Love Leens
Old 11-05-2001, 08:52 AM   #5  

Is it Monday already.. Did really well staying OP this week-end. Just weighed and I'm down 4 lbs. So thats 207 down to 203. Yea.

Hensa You really deserve a pat on the back, congradulations on your weight and passing the pie up!!!!! Each time we overcome it makes our will stronger.... Sounds like you're busy busy...

Have to mail some packages of stuff I sold on e-bay this week-end and hopefully later this week I get to go out of town shopping.

Hope you all have a great day........
Old 11-05-2001, 08:53 AM   #6  

Question I want to do something don't know how?

I would like to put a picture under my name (like Pooky's)

I have tried several times without any success.

Please tell me how!
Old 11-05-2001, 11:09 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Default Good Morning Chickies!

Hello to all!

Well my garage sale this weekend was a huge success and I could not have done it without the help of so many wonderful people!!!! I had never done this before and can I say MAN IT WAS A LOT OF WORK, but after all the work was done to get it together, I opened up the paper on Friday morning to look at the garage sale ads and the page was full - I was SHOCKED - I had never seen so many ads in all my life - even counted them and there were 101 listings which is a LOT for our town.

I immediately wanted to panic and instead I just started praying and asked the Lord to help me - reminded Him that I had done all I could do at this point to get it all together - but that it was up to Him to get people to come to my sale. Well people showed up 30 minutes early in large groups and it was 6 hours before we even looked up and saw no one standing in the garage and that was only for a minute or 2. When it was all said and done I had made $880 and I am so thankful! The whole reason for the garage sale was to pay for medical expenses so I am VERY GRATEFUL FOR THE MONEY.

Now with all that said - and with the garage sale behind me - today is the day that I get myself BACK ON TRACK!!!! Today I am back to drinking my water, back to walking, back to journaling and back to eating a lot of fruits and vegetables and protein! I have got to do this no matter what else is going on around me!!!!!! It has taken weeks to get myself into the right frame of mind to get back on track - but the time is here and the time is NOW!!!

It is a beautiful day here in Louisiana! I hope everyone is also having a beautiful day - no matter what in life is swirling around you!!!!!!!

Hugs,

Cathy
Old 11-05-2001, 12:19 PM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Whizzing through - and I really mean that! Been drinking water all morning and wow! Am also trying to straighten out money from a Bingo, Fair Memberships, donations and the dinner yesterday. I AM SUPPOSED TO BE RETIRED! Why is my house not perfect?

Still have not made it outside but this afternoon for sure. I may send DH on the bank run for me and start while he is gone.
The damn scale is still stuck - and I even skipped lunch two days last week because breakfast was late! Sheesh! Maybe the Whoosh Fairy is with me today and tomorrow will show a 10 pound loss! Dream on! If she is here, I'll send her to Tip tomorrow.

And I see that TWO chickies turned down pie on the weekend! I did have a piece of butterscotch pie yesterday at the dinner after the meeting. The food was not great but I made do with beef and salad. I have been acclaimed Treasurer again by acclamation - why am I not ecstatic? LOL!

DH is doing his lunch whine - gotta go fake a lunch for him. Thank God for soup in the freezer and a microwave. Chicken breast for me with salad.

Enjoy Monday and try to get some time outside to up your Vitamin D!

Higgles
Old 11-05-2001, 01:23 PM   #9  
It's MY Life

Hi everyone!! Thanks for the welcome back!! I love this place. Today is a new day and a new start to my quest for weight loss. Got my new stove on Saturday--went with another ceramic smooth top--hope I don't live to regret that decision. My son starts basketball practice today so I am hoping that I can talk DH into a little walk between 5:00 and 6:00 before it is time for the kid to come home. It would be good for BOTH of us and it is a beautiful day. I am taking a break from changing bulletin boards to November--the class is at music right now. I am hoping to do this every day.

Hensa, good job on the pie--I love African violets, but they are hard for me to keep alive.

Tippy, what part of WI is your town in--I am originally from WI

Pooky, hope the heartburn goes away FAST!

Cathy, congrats on the garage sale!! Those are a lot of work.

Ruth, hope that whoosh fairy turns up for you. The puppies were adorable!!!

Take care everyone---I hear the pitterpat of MANY little feet coming!!
Old 11-05-2001, 03:22 PM   #10  
Big Loser

Good Afternoon to all!!

I hope everyone is having a terrific Monday! I am still fighting this cold or whatever I have. Feeling pretty crappy. I did make it to work however. I am trying to figure out how to get my butt moving, I have a treadmill, I have a torsotrack, I have a Total Gym. I don't use any of them. I need to get it together and get moving!!!

It sounds like everyone else is motivated and heading in the right direction!!

Have a great rest of the day!!!!
Old 11-05-2001, 04:14 PM   #11  
Senior Chicky

Talking HAPPY MOAN DAY !!!

Yep! A beautiful POSITIVE day! And so far.....OP !!! Now, if I can just keep a handle on the craziness of my life and make it till bedtime !!

Wish I could respond to everyone but for lack of time---SORRY !!

I just wanted to check in before DS got home from school and DH came back to the office. Things are going fairly well with Stephen being back home. DH and he are communicating, working and eating more than civilly. Saturday was a tuffie as Stephen had a friend pick him up to go to the mall and a movie. Needless to say DH absolutely despises and mistrusts the kid and I heard about it for SIX hours before it finally ruined our dinner out. The SDH I had last week definately was crowned the SHDH by 8:30 Saturday night! Why does it sometimes take an argument for them to get out of their crappy, non stop *****y mood? Geesh! Valid points must've been (during our "discussion") as yesterday was a pretty easy stay at home day with Stephen and they went to lunch together today. I don't mean to go on about my situation, I just don't really talk to anyone here about it. If I go on too much just tell me to shut up, 'K?

Today has been some paperwork and light housekeeping. Tomorrow will be super busy. I've been making myself get out of the house and mingle with the real world to help shake this depression. I've managed to purchase and put up 95% of the bathroom accessories, about 75% of the guest bedroom and am now shopping for some new den furniture so I can then start buying new accessories for that room too! Gee, better not let DH get too mad as I'm using HIS checkbook! LOL

Oops! Darn, just a got a call from a client that needs to fax something over---that means I must get off line! Hopefully I can sneak a bit more time in later!

Luv ya'll!

J
Old 11-05-2001, 07:57 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Talking Nightly. . . . .

What a windy day today. Nobody told us to expect a hurricane, but that is what it felt like.

Hensa, I am so proud of you for staying in ONEderland and JEALOUS of you and I wish I had turned down more pie in my life

Tippy, I am also proud of you for your pie-passing and I hope everything is going well with your water retention!

Cathy, pass me some of that dough! What a haul, great job!!

MamaJ, what else can I say but "MEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Scooby, let me know the secret to moving butts, mine has been stuck for ages!!

Sorry if I forgot anyone! Know that I am thinking of you all.

I started out OP today, even had salad and chicken at lunch. Then my friend wanted to go to dinner, and it's all downhill from there! Chips and salsa as appetizer, then fajitas nachos for main course, and what the ****, might as well have a strawberry margarita too! Oh, well, tonight I SWEAR I will be good as gold!!

Sherrie
Old 11-05-2001, 08:27 PM   #13  
Senior Chicky

Default OH SHERRIE !!!!

YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY SCREAMING MY NAME (and weakness) !! MEXICAN FOOD but especially those damned CHIPS AND SALSA which gets the rest of the taste buds oozing!

Ugh!!!!!!!! Tomorrow is a new day with lots of protein and water! Oh, did you say margarita? Ummm, sounds like a dinner sent from Heaven! Good thing we're not neighbors!
Old 11-05-2001, 08:46 PM   #14  
Slimwithin

Default Guess what! Guess what!

I turned down pie this weekend too!! Mind you, it's just about the ONLY thing I turned down all weekend. We were invited over to the neighbors' for pie last night and my DH who wouldn't come around the corner for MY pie was right over there. I tagged along and didn't have any. You know something, my feelings are hurt. I make marvelous pie. Why does he prefer hers to mine? I just don't get it.
Back on track today after a weekend of nibbling on all sorts of forbidden goodies.
I went for my swim this morning and worked pretty hard at it. Tomorrow I'll do my strength training. If it ever stops raining so much I just might get out for a walk too.