Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 12-06-2006, 10:25 AM   #1  
It's working this time!

S/C/G: 235/212/175

Height: 5' 1.5"

Question Panties

HELP! I think they've stopped making the panties I like. I don't know what I'm going to do.

I'm short and so I prefer mid-rise or low-rise jeans, because that way they don't come up over my belly button. Well, the problem is, if I wear regular briefs or Hi-cut briefs or anything like that, the band of the panties comes up over my belly button and just looks dumb.

Well, a few yaers ago I found some Fruit of the Loom panties that are "Low-Rise Briefs" and they are wonderful. Just right. Don't sit too low on me and don't sit too high.

Well, they've always been hard to find. I never could find them at Wal-Mart. And, Target always sold out of them pretty fast.

So, I need some more and my mom (or Santa) usually puts a few packs of panties in my stocking, so I was looking on line to see if I could find a link to show my mom what I want. Because, they also have a "Low Rise Hipster" and I've tried those and... NO... just not right.

Anyway, the Low Rise Briefs aren't on the FotL website. Now I'm panicking. what if they don't make them anymore?

Does anyone have any suggestions for a short girl who is short waisted and doesn't want panties that come up to her armpits?

Any ideas are greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Tisha___ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 10:42 AM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

My favorite undies are actually Victoria Secrets. I wear their high cut briefs but they have other undies as well.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 02:25 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 235/219/150

Height: 5'2"

Victoria's secret is awesome, but too expensive for me. I have the same problems as you- if the pants sit lower on the hips, then the underwear must do the same. I don't know what size you wear... I'm an 18/20 and generally a size 8 or 9 in underwear fits pretty well. Recently I've been buying very basic Hanes from wal-mart. They come in a 3-pack, they're the tagless kind, and they are freakin' awesome. The Hanes website isn't being terribly helpful and my link keeps getting screwed up, but they're listed at hanes.com as "ComfortSoft Waistband Stretch Bikini," from sizes 4-9.

I KNOW they make them in bigger sizes than 9 as well. They're under the "Just My Size" brand and they're exactly the same things. I accidentally bought some in a 10 once because the packages were so similar. My roommate swears by 'em too. But the website tells me the only thing JMS makes are gigantic, cover-the-navel granny panties with inch-wide lace waistbands (v. classy). So. Go figure.
kella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 02:48 PM   #4  
Just Me

One secret about Victoria's Secret (or anything for that matter) is to never pay full price. Right now they are offering 5 panties for $25 which is a pretty good deal, but if you get a coupon even better. That isn't exactly cheap but it may be too expensive for some people but I like the quality. 2 years ago, I bought about 10 pairs of panties from VS and they are still going strong. I wish the they would wear out so that I could buy some more underwear. Although they are a looser on me now than they were then, but they haven't been stretched out or anything so I can still wear underwear that I wore when I was 30-40 lbs heavier and they have kept their shape.
Old 12-06-2006, 03:01 PM   #5  
So happy to be me :)

Height: 5' 7"

My current faves are some Hanes that they sell at Target right now. They come in three-packs, and are reasonably priced. They are cotton and simple, but some have lace across the top. They come in different styles, but I like the low-rise bikini. Might be worth a try.
NewDay4MeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 03:25 PM   #6  
It's working this time!

S/C/G: 235/212/175

Height: 5' 1.5"

Smile

Thanks for the suggestions, ladies!

My good friend just reported that she found a package at Wal-Mart (of my fave kind, that she also wears) the other day. So, there's still hope.

kella, I usually wear about a size 9, so I might have to go back to Hanes. I used to ONLY wear Hanes regular bikinis, but then I found these and have been hooked on them ever since. And now that I am at peace with my true underwear size, the Hanes bikinis would probably end up fitting alot better than they used to, too. LOL

Tisha___ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 03:28 PM   #7  
Working My Way Back Down

I'm with Nelie - VS panties are great! And last forever.
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 05:47 AM   #8  
Tryin'

Height: 5'3

tisha - the low-rise briefs by fruit of the loom are MY favorite too. i see them all the time at my local walmart. pm me if you want me to send you some!
train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 06:10 AM   #9  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Breezies from QVC. They are a little pricey (you can get good deals on them at Ebay) but, well worth the $$. I LOVE their bra's too!!
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 02:40 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

I do Victoria Secret as well, definitely expensive, but I've bought 6 pairs and the only reason I'm going to have to throw them out is because they are getting too big. 25 bucks for 3 pairs is expensive at the time, but if you think that they'll last you 2+ years (mine are 2 years old and have no sign of wearing out), totally worth the investment!

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 03:20 PM   #11  

You mean VS makes panties in our sizes?
4myloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 03:41 PM   #12  

I always wore the stretchy lace bikini panties from Layne Bryant and made sure to snatch up lots when they were on sale. I used to wear a 22/24 and they are too big now, but that's all I have. I need to find out what size I am in other stores. I think I would be an 18ish in Layne Bryant, any ideas what size that would be everywhere else for panties?
Celesteral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 05:32 PM   #13  
Just Me

In recent years, I haven't cared for Lane Bryant due to the crotches on their panties. Some I like, some I don't.

4myself - They don't make plus size underwear, they make underwear from size xs to xl. I wear an xl although I'm sure I could wear a large as well. If you are over 300 lbs then VS underwear probably aren't the best option.

Celestial - I think you'd be a 8 or 9. Can't quite say.
Old 12-07-2006, 05:38 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 235/219/150

Height: 5'2"

Celesteral: I'm a 18/20 and 9s are a little too loose, 8s are a little too tight. But they vary a lot from brand to brand.
kella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 05:24 PM   #15  

I like those FotL ones, too, but can't find them anywhere anymore. If you ahve a Hanes outlet near you, you can find the Hanes Comfort ones up to size 9. Doesn't help me because I need a size 10, so I am making do w/ the few FotL pairs I have left in a 10 plus the one 3-pk of the Hanes I found in a 10 (fit but are a bit snug/bulgy around the top band) until I lose soem weight. Got probably 10 pr in size 9!!!
StraitLover is offline   Reply With Quote