Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 11-12-2006, 03:19 PM   #1  
it's always something

Default Where do you like to shop for clothes online? any good or bad experiences?

Where's your favorite place to shop for clothes or shoes online? Have you had problems with sizes? Have you had problems with returns? Has anyone gone beyond the call of duty to help you?
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 03:22 PM   #2  
it's always something

I once ordered a dress from Roamans and it was supposed to arrive within a week. 6 weeks passed and no dress. I called them and they resent it and it arrived within 3 days. I was happy with that.

However another time I ordered a jacket and 10 minutes later, I checked my email and found a 40% coupon code. I wanted to either have the code applied to my order, or cancel the order and place it again to save the money. I called them and they said my order was already being processed, so they couldn't cancel it. After a long discussion, they agreed to refund my CC for the value of the code. Unfortunately, that never happened. I learned my lesson. Check my email before ordering, and make sure I use any valid coupon codes at the time I place my order
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 03:49 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 180.5/157.5/145

I've ordered shoes from 6pm.com. I know others who are thrilled with Zappos, but I've never ordered from there. I would like them both, though because they have free shipping both ways in case you want to return. Zappos also routinely upgrades the shipping at no cost.

I don't usually order clothes on line because I have to try it on. I have ordered from Newport News in the past. I didn't like them so much because I had to return. It was not as customer friendly as it should be.
kateful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 05:12 PM   #4  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Favorite shoes: Shoebuy.com (lots of coupons available)
Favorite clothes: lanebryant.com (if I know the size already) and nordstrom.com (can get some good deals when they have a sale).

I don't like paying for shipping so I usually won't order something from a website unless shipping is free and/or I can get an online coupon.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 11:00 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 205/195/150

Height: 5'3"

I do a lot of my shopping on eBay and the jeans always fit perfect so do the shoes. Well except for the length but that's expected coz it's hard to find a short size. I've shopped on oldnavy.com before and it wasn't a great experience coz the jeans were too big. Also tried delia's and the jeans fit except for the length again. Would perfer eBay because most sellers include measurements.
pandaz06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 01:12 AM   #6  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

I LOVE Zappos for shoes. I wear a 10.5W and those are hard to find in anything but an athletic shoe. 1/2 sizes often stop at 9.5 and then add a W to it all - forget it! I like Naturalizers and Zappos stocks lots of them in my size. Free, no-hassel returns!

I don't shop for my clothes online very often. I get sucked into the QVC thing from time to time, but I hate paying for s&h and then possibly for a return also. I have purchased from Lands End since I can return to the local Sears, and from Old Navy.
Nori71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 02:24 AM   #7  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

I just went to lanebryant.com and figured they would probably give a discount when I sign up and just got this in my email:

Now you can take $50 off a purchase of $150 or more, $25 off a purchase of $75or more, or $75 off a purchase of $225 or more, through November 10, 2006.Redeem at http://lanebryant.charmingshoppes.com/pagebuilder/HOME
or print and take to any Lane Bryant Store.
Jasmine31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 02:12 PM   #8  
One life, live it well

So you got an offer that had already expired? Weird.
Old 11-19-2006, 02:19 PM   #9  
One life, live it well

Sorry - if I would have clicked on your link I would have seen the code and right exp. date!
Old 11-19-2006, 04:28 PM   #10  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Yeah, if you give Lane Bryant your email address, you will get those coupons ALL the time (and occasionall coupons for $15 off a purchase of $15 or more).

I've ordered from Avenue, Lane Bryant, and Walmart online and never had a problem with any of them, plus I had no trouble with returning an ugly skirt I ordered (I swear it looked better on the website!) directly to the store.
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 05:40 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 230/225/175

Height: 5'5"

I just bought some clothes from Eddie Bauer that were on clearance at the Outlet website. Also got a dress from B & Lu -- the shape and fit of it is just incredible. Too bad it's a summer dress ... but I'm saving it for a reunion in Jamaica at Xmas.

Another place I've not seen anyone mention is J.Jill. Their clothing is pricier, but they have good sales and you can return to the stores if you want.
learnedhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 12:30 PM   #12  
It's working this time!

S/C/G: 235/212/175

Height: 5' 1.5"

Thumbs up

Besides all of the ones already listed, I've always had good luck with Torrid.com and with Old Navy (they have a Women's Plus section now!)

Tisha___ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 12:22 AM   #13  
momoeight

S/C/G: 187/182/150

Height: 5'4"

Default great clothes

Coldwater Creek has beutiful clothes and they some in large sizes, XL 1X, 2X and they have some styles that look good on ample women but are still very classy. They even have petite in the larger sizes. They are online and they have stores in some cities.
momoeight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 08:50 PM   #14  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

I love Lane Bryant, Blair and beleive it or not Big Dogs! Big Dogs have really cute stuff and in BIG sizes. They also have femine stuff as well, so don't think its all just for the men folk!
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 09:58 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

I have had good locuk with Old Navy, Torrid, Hot Topic, Amazon, etc.

As far as having to try things on, I think it is important to take your MEASUREMENTS and have them with you. Check the store's size chart online. This is key, because a size 18 at Old Navy may be a little different than a size 18 at Lane Bryant. Measure, measure, measure!
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote