Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 10-31-2010, 06:30 PM   #31  

Height: 5'5"

Did anybody ever find wide width Zumba shoes? I am still looking ...
PaulaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 03:05 PM   #32  

Height: 5'6

I just bought a pair of boots from this site called "WomanWithin." Great, fast shipping and OMG they fit! They actually have really cute shoes and they always have coupons. I got a pair of amazing boots and flats for about 50 dollars! BTW, I have only owned one pair of flats in my life because none that I found, even at Payless, Avenue, etc fit me!
PeaceNLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 10:31 AM   #33  
and Between

S/C/G: 223/223/170

Height: 5' 6"

I was looking through the links in the OP and clicked on one. It took me to a questionable page. I found a few more as well. I can't PM anyone yet but wanted to post about them. They are Zappos, Shoe Buy, and Designer Shoes.
Betwixt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 04:43 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 6"

Does the width get smaller as we lose weight? I hope so... cute "wide" shoes are hard to find.... I know we can order wide shoes from on-line... but I would really like to try them on first... Hope my wide foot size shrinks some..
Lisa532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 10:01 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 206/147/140

Height: 5'3"

I'm so happy to see this topic! I used to be able to find shoes at Payless, but lately even they have less wide widths. I had luck recently at, believe it or not, J C Penney's- I HAD to have some black pumps recently and ran a whole mall, plus outlying stores, and the only place I found what I wanted was Penney's. Everywhere I went said "try online." I thought that was such a terrible idea, but I did end up trying and loving Zappo's. Anxious to try some of the other resources, especially the shoe stretcher!

Someone asked if the width went down when the weight goes down. For me, I've always had wide feet even when slim. Certain styles are more forgiving when I weigh less, but for things like pumps that are made narrow, I can't even consider a non wide width. Clog type shoes, I can get by with maybe a half size larger and the width works. Oddly in tennis shoes, width is not an issue. I guess the squishy sides make it work.
makingthechanges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 10:33 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 202/See Tracker/130

Height: 5'1"

torrid and fashiontofigure also have very cute and trendy wide calve boots, and fashionable clothes in general
gimmeMYbodyBACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 10:36 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 202/See Tracker/130

Height: 5'1"

I'm in a wedding in June and my friend gave me the shoes she picked out, my feel are oooozing out the sides! MOTIVATION! Hopefully my feet get a little more slim with the weight loss - i know my calves will hopefully go down!
gimmeMYbodyBACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:28 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 280/see ticker/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybean720 View Post
I know it's not very glamorous, but have you tried men's shoes? My sister's feet aren't extremely wide, but they are a bit wide, and she was recently fitted for a men's sneaker at a running store. They said it would give her foot better support than any of the women's sneakers.

That's funny, I just bought a pair of gym shoes a couple days ago and they're men's 8.5 D. I tried the women's only pair of wide New Balances in the store, they were bulky and horrible. I tried on the men's - they're lightweight, cushioning and perfect. They aren't really a female style - all black - but my feet are happy. Previously when I went to the actual New Balance store, they told me the men's shoes would work out for me better. I just don't get why they don't make women's wide gym shoes or they're impossible to find?! C'mon.
Lovestocook9121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:30 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 280/see ticker/175

I agree with "makingthechanges" where she said it's not necessarily as weight goes down, shoe width goes down. I thought for sure being under 200 and seeing my feet shrink that I'd be out of wide width, but my feet have always been wide. Then again I never forced my feet into narrow shoes so they grew wide and just became that way. Remember they're distributing the weight for your entire body, so any podiatrist will say wider's better (on the whole).
Lovestocook9121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 08:34 PM   #40  

I wear a men's wide new balance sneaker YIKKES. Cute shoe shopping is just a no-no. But if I had lots of money - Cole Haan for Nike and Stuart Weitzman are fancy brands for wide feet.
pixelllate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 03:58 PM   #41  
Jigglypuff

S/C/G: 310/ticker/155

Height: 5'7

I have had amazing luck with wide calf boots at Forever 21. As much as I hate to buy from there, some of their wide calf boots fit over my 20ish inch calves and jeans, no problem.
Burg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:38 PM   #42  

Land's End has some good choices. I don't have enough posts for linking privileges.
1961tracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:05 AM   #43  

Height: 5'8.5"

www.haband.com has fabulous shoes at a great price. I love the Dr. Scholls ones.

Last edited by Misti in Seattle; 02-25-2013 at 12:06 AM.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 03:24 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 248?/173/130

Height: 5'8"

I'm surprised Crocs didn't make the list. They're hideous, but wonderfully comfy for wide and fat feet!

Land's End makes a show I love for width. I have a bunch of them, but can't remember the name. It might be Gatas. Something like that. Comfy, breathable cotton with rubber nubs on the bottom.

I hate to sound like that old "Looks like a pump, feels like a sneaker!" commercial, but they really do look like a much nicer shoe (not dress shoe, but a big upgrade from tennis shoes) while maintaining the comfort of a sneaker. IMO, they're more comfy than sneakers, which is why I have so many cluttering up my closet.

So there's my unpaid plug for people seeking comfy, wide-width shoes. (They come regular width, too, but comfy and wide is harder to find.)
Stripes 237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 10:45 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

I too will add to this old thread. For years I had to buy narrow shoes. A or AA width. I wasn't making a lot of money and I could only find these shoes in limited quantities in more expensive shoe stores or department stores. I was ok with a tie athletic shoe, but I walked right out of a dress shoe in a M width. I longed for the day when I could walk into Payless and buy a M width shoe. Well, that day has come, and along with it an additional 60 lbs! I am also up a shoe size.

So yes, to the question that weight loss can make your shoe size go down.

I know the question about wide width Zumba shoes was a few years ago, but looking online they ARE impossible to find! Some shoe company should take this idea and run with it, even if it's only 1 style!
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote