Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 09-05-2017, 04:57 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 257/230.0/156

Height: 5' 8"

Default Beach wedding attire: ideas needed

Having never been to a beach wedding, what does one wear? Currently the event is tentatively scheduled for evening (sunset), a smaller gathering of family and friends. I need to know what proper attire is for such? I am looking online and am having issues for my DH (anything besides linen anything?), myself - would it be ok to wear a fuller leg sleeveless jumpsuit/pant that almost appears skirt like on the bottom? I think for my kids I have it figured out. I have time to continue the weight loss, so maybe by then something fuller in the leg would look just fine or maybe by then I'll be in love with my arms.

Any ideas would be great.
lemonthyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 05:46 PM   #2  

Beach weddings tend to be more casual. You can wear a sundress if you wanted to. Your idea of flare pants would work out perfectly. Just keep in mind that it's on the beach, so you'll probably want sandals, maybe a light cover like a crochet shawl or scarf. Try not to wear white, so you don't clash with the bride's dress since white is supposed to be her color (usually). A simple button up shirt with short sleeves would probably be just fine for your husband, with some khaki pants and sandals. Is this in Hawaii? Are there going to be leis for everyone for the wedding?
NFTM17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 08:23 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 257/230.0/156

Height: 5' 8"

No Hawaii - the Southeast coast Atlantic side, so no leis. I read that some suggested wedge heels for the sand - to me that sounds totally counterproductive . I was thinking flat sandals to keep my foot on one level and ease of not sinking further in the sand (i.e. snowshoes!). I have some time to plan and weight to continue to loose and fabric to find - as I tend to sew for myself. Thank you for your ideas!
lemonthyme is offline   Reply With Quote