Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 09-10-2015, 11:01 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 265/222/150

Height: 5'7"

Default Lotions/creams

Hi, I was curious what lotions or creams other use on their body while going through the weight loss process to help their skin firm and tighten as they lose weight? Also, any supplements that help?
Cikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 03:26 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 166/145/115

Height: 5'4

I use bath and body works ultra Shea lotion in various scents and have been using them for a year - once a day after my shower. I don't really use it to tighten my skin or anything though, I just have really dry skin and it does wonders in keeping it soft and moisturized.
Bloopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 10:38 PM   #3  
Shakin that bacon

S/C/G: 242/192/125

Height: 5'2

I use a Jurgens tanner mixed with sorbolene, which tans and moisturizes.
SpiritWolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 06:54 PM   #4  

I use burberry lotion
Dandelion Woman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 12:24 PM   #5  

I'd say either cocoa butter or I swear my coconut oil- the best moisturizer I've ever used
Jenny_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 03:22 PM   #6  
Gettin' Healthy!

S/C/G: 265/258/140

Height: 5'4"

I second the coconut oil! Its nice mixed with sugar for a moisturizing exfoliater in the shower!
Firecracker777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 07:11 PM   #7  
it's always something

Unfortunately, there is no lotion, cream, or supplement that can help tighten skin after weight loss or prevent sagging. Whether or not you get loose skin generally depends on your age at the time of your obesity and weight loss, how long you were obese, how quickly you lost, and genetics. Some people are born with very elastic skin. Some people will say they used this or that and didn't experience loose skin or stretch marks, but those same people would have had the same experience without the magic cream. Either you will or you won't. The best thing you can do is not lose too quickly, and be sure to exercise and firm the muscles underneath that support your skin.
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 09:59 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Very good response, Suzanne. I totally agree.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 03:02 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 218/163,9/127

I use almond oil and I think it works really well to moisturize skin that needs a little extra love. It might not tighten already lose skin, but it does improve the appearence of it and make it feel nice. A good idea is to use it at night as it takes a really long time to not feel sticky anymore.
Photosphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 09:36 PM   #10  
TVC15

S/C/G: 154.6/154.6/130

Height: 5'8

You can't massively tighten significantly skin with lotions, agreed, but you can minutely affect the tightness of your skin's surface. I have a shea butter + frankincense moisturizer that has done wonders for my face as far as tightening the skin and improving my complexion. I don't use anything special for the rest of my body; though when I lose the weight, I would be interested in a lotion that could minimize the wrinkles on my abdomen where those fat rolls will have used to be.
thinwhiteduchess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 10:34 PM   #11  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne 3FC View Post
Unfortunately, there is no lotion, cream, or supplement that can help tighten skin after weight loss or prevent sagging. Whether or not you get loose skin generally depends on your age at the time of your obesity and weight loss, how long you were obese, how quickly you lost, and genetics. Some people are born with very elastic skin. Some people will say they used this or that and didn't experience loose skin or stretch marks, but those same people would have had the same experience without the magic cream. Either you will or you won't. The best thing you can do is not lose too quickly, and be sure to exercise and firm the muscles underneath that support your skin.
This is spot on.
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 05:42 PM   #12  

I've used to buy all sorts of creams and lotions for trying to make my legs (mostly) look better. Can't say that I've seen some difference.... not sure how they were called as it has been about 1-1.5 years ago. I just remember that I spent money for something that did not helped at all.
Cristyna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 06:45 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 291/240.6/147

Height: 5'7"

I use the Nivea that firms and tightens. I have dry skin and it's wonderful for that, but it also makes your skin temporarily appear tighter and more firm. It doesn't magically get rid of cellulite and your legs won't look like they did when you were 19, but it makes enough difference that I keep using it and I can tell when I've run out or tried something new (again, just like with face serums, etc, it's a temporary, superficial effect).

It's not a miracle by any means, but it helps the appearance temporarily. It helps to use it regularly for a few weeks.
TheSecondHalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 03:13 PM   #14  

Height: 5'7

I use a body butter that's called Chiki Buttah. It's pretty amazing.
dhathaway739 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 11:27 AM   #15  

S/C/G: SW: 323 CW: See Ticker GW: 180

Height: 5'8

I use Bath and Body Works Shea Lotion and Nivea
JesikaBeth is offline   Reply With Quote