Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 06-25-2015, 09:07 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Default Bra straps

I know this can be a somewhat polarizing topic but I'd like to see what others think about this. Do you find visible bra straps on o be offensive or unsightly?

Personally I do not. I try to cover up as best I can and wear appropriate undergarments for what I'm wearing but sometimes there's always a peekaboo situation that's unavoidable. Sometimes I even see women who purposefully wear their clothes so that part of their bra can be seen. And some mesh and see through tops make it necessary and unavoidable. And what about fitness bras? Some women wear them with tanks that are very low cut in the arm holes or even wear the bra as a top with no tank at all!

I say bra fashion live on!

Last edited by Palestrina; 06-25-2015 at 09:07 AM.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 09:17 AM   #2  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

I don't think I'd mind it so much if my mother hadn't drilled it into my head that it was inappropriate to show my bra straps as a teen
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 10:04 AM   #3  
From Lazy to Light!

S/C/G: 215/Ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

I don't mind it so much on others. That is, unless they are in desperate need of a new bra and the one showing should be incinerated! But for me personally it makes me really uncomfortable if mine if showing. But like NNS said, I had it drilled into me as a teen that my bra is not a fashion accessory, it is not to be seen. Also I've never been able to afford or fit into the kind of bra you wouldn't mind showing off or the thinner strapped t-shirt bras.
LovelyLeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 05:42 PM   #4  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

It's a quirk of my husbands. He hates to see bra straps showing. Yet, this is the same man who has no problem if I wanted to go topless at home on a hot day ( I do not and never would). If my bra strap ever gets exposed with a sleeveless shirt, he covers it or points it out to me. So odd.

And I don't think I would mind skinny little cute straps, but I am large breasted and therefore straps are always thick, so they are never, ever cute and so I try to keep them covered always.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 09:01 PM   #5  
Tai

S/C/G: 272/111/Maintaining

I don't mind them at all on others but feel really self conscious if mine are showing.
Tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 04:58 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/138

Height: 5ft 3

i dont really care as long as the bra is good. My problem is if my boobs are showing. I cant have them showing.
Rechyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 05:40 AM   #7  

Personally I don't wear it because I don't like it. In other women I don't give any point if they wear it that way or another!
jennykorpes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 02:48 AM   #8  

I personally don't mind it.
ChristinaBrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 10:15 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 291/240.6/147

Height: 5'7"

I can't say I mind it, but I don't understand it. If you are wearing a racer back tank, why would you not wear a racer back bra? If you are wearing a one shoulder or off the shoulder top, why would you wear a bra with straps? It makes no sense to me. It ruins the whole point of the top. I do not get it. I'm not offended but it's like wearing a really short skirt and some kind of shape wear that hangs out. WHY???

I know the lace back bras with a backless or low back shirt are big now and that I get, it's a whole thing, and it's on purpose. It's not for ME, but I get it.

But when I see someone with an off the shoulder top and a regular bra my brain just starts to cry. I don't GET it.
TheSecondHalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 12:03 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSecondHalf View Post
I can't say I mind it, but I don't understand it. If you are wearing a racer back tank, why would you not wear a racer back bra? If you are wearing a one shoulder or off the shoulder top, why would you wear a bra with straps? It makes no sense to me. It ruins the whole point of the top. I do not get it. I'm not offended but it's like wearing a really short skirt and some kind of shape wear that hangs out. WHY???

I know the lace back bras with a backless or low back shirt are big now and that I get, it's a whole thing, and it's on purpose. It's not for ME, but I get it.

But when I see someone with an off the shoulder top and a regular bra my brain just starts to cry. I don't GET it.
What's the big deal? It's just a bra. I wear low back shirts with cute racer back bras in a contrasting color. It's a type of fashion, might not be right for you but it works for others.

I like off the shoulder tops but I don't feel comfortable in strapless bras. So I'll wear a pretty bra that I don't mind being seen. What's the difference between a bra and a swimsuit anyway? These are just more rules that women have to follow to conform to their inferior image.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 01:13 PM   #11  
Tough Turtle

S/C/G: 199/183/115-120

Height: 5 ft 4 in

It doesn't bother me, but I always feel self-conscious showing my bra straps because I know certain people find it trashy. My mom is one of those people which is surprising because she wears tops without bras and her nipples show through. She is a strange lady sometimes.
bloominbutterflies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 03:42 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 291/240.6/147

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palestrina View Post
What's the big deal? It's just a bra. I wear low back shirts with cute racer back bras in a contrasting color. It's a type of fashion, might not be right for you but it works for others.

I like off the shoulder tops but I don't feel comfortable in strapless bras. So I'll wear a pretty bra that I don't mind being seen. What's the difference between a bra and a swimsuit anyway? These are just more rules that women have to follow to conform to their inferior image.
You asked, I answered.
TheSecondHalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 10:47 PM   #13  

Height: 6-1.5

All I know is that men get to go totally topless. I would love to be able to go topless, and not have it cause problems. I think bras (sport bras) are made to be seen. I also think a woman should be afforded the same opportunity as a man, and some men are not so good looking. What is this called, "male privilege" where the guys are okay, just because they are better or whatever? What I d not get is the inherent idea that a woman must cover up because "she might" get someone hot and bothered.

Oh-- I am adding: When I feel my stomach is narrow enough so that I do not "feel" fat, I will definitely be out there in crop tops, and sport bra's loose shirt combos. Life is too short!

Last edited by giselley; 05-10-2017 at 10:54 PM.
giselley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 11:28 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 218/210/183

Height: 6'0"

Just because a man 'can' go shirtless, doesn't mean he 'should'. Yuk, sometimes.
Nature Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 07:45 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 226.6/173.4/154

Height: 5'6"

I'm one of the people who thinks it's trashy. I think the bralets are cute on the younger girls, but wearing a regular bra with strapless or racerback just doesn't look good, fashionably or classy. It should be about the shirt, not the bra. But people do it, I don't say anything, but since you asked...
msgooch is offline   Reply With Quote