Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 04-06-2015, 02:52 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 276/257/200

Height: 5'6

Default Why can't I find clothes? I need some help.

I'm on a budget, and I'm shaped oddly, and because of this my wardrobe is nonexistent. I haven't worn a dress since I was ten, and now that I really want to, I can't find any for my shape! I wouldn't really call myself apple shaped, because I don't carry weight in my boobs. It all goes to my tummy! When I put my measurements into a shape... generator(?) it tells me I'm banana shaped. Which basically means I'm just straight down. No curves. Or what curves I do have are hidden because my gut is bigger than them. Any dress I try on looks terrible because it stretches across my tummy, same with most skirts. Most shirts I try on bugle in the tummy region to the point it looks ridiculous and not cute at all, and pants never fit right. If I can find a pair that fit my waist, they usually sag in the butt/thigh region. My butt is so small it's basically in the negative lol.

I really need some advice on clothing. Where can I find clothes that will fit over my tummy without drowning out my small regions?

Last edited by JigglyFluff; 04-06-2015 at 03:54 PM.
JigglyFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 11:35 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

I am built the same as you, and it's almost impossible to find clothes, unfortunately. For me, I just keep trying on different things and if I happen to hit on something that looks less terrible than the rest of them, I buy it. In several colors. LOL Most of my pants and skirts are elastic waist. Tops are hard, because if they fit around the belly they are usually baggy in the shoulders. They just don't make clothes for people shaped like us. It is very costly to get things altered by a seamstress, which would be ideal. Maybe some others will have more encouraging answers.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 03:54 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 276/257/200

Height: 5'6

Finally! Someone knows my pain LOL. I've had overweight friends, but they were more curvy than me, usually they carried their weight in their hips or chest. About 20 pounds ago, I could find things at burkes outlet that went over my gut and looked nice, but I just I gained an inch or so, and now it all looks bad too. And if it fits the gut, it's lose at the chest or shoulders. Most of my button up shirts that used to look okay now barely close over my tummy. I just feel better knowing I'm not alone with my body shape lol.
JigglyFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 07:46 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 190/163/127

Height: 5'2

My body has changed a lot the last few years and while it's not quite like yours (big breasts and medium butt) I know how annoying dealing with a gut can be!

I love wearing sundresses and maxi's with a light cotton cardigan, that way it doesn't matter if the straps don't look good on me or if it has any. I often find super cute ones with a great price for the strapless knit ones, sadly my bust size gets on the way but that might not be an issue for you. I also find that flowy fabrics make my tummy less obvious.

I have yet to find jeans that fit but I did find leggings that look like jeans, so stretchy and flexible I doubt there is someone who can't wear them, have you tried them?

This is a bit embarrassing, but I sometimes buy those super short "skater dress" and wear them as tops with leggings... and since I am already confessing stuff, I do walk around the maternity section sometimes and get lucky.
lostkitty is offline   Reply With Quote