Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 03-03-2015, 03:09 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/230/199

Height: 5' 10.5"

Default Swimsuits!

This is frustrating area for me. Being tall leaves me with few options other than tankinis and bikinis. The couple brands that do sell tall suits are well...mostly stuff my grandmother would wear.
Because I'm focused on losing a certain amount of weight and hoping to have a nice suit for a trip in June, I'm not sure what size to get. Most suits I like (Victoria's Secret) sell out fast and are already back ordered til April.
It's hard to find a suit that supports the boobs as well.
Anyone else experience these frustrations?

Last edited by nickilaughs; 03-23-2015 at 10:13 AM.
nickilaughs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 12:14 AM   #2  

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5'5.5"

Default Need support?

Try Athleta - they have cup sized swimsuits (but try one size up from your normal bra in my experience). If you have a store near you - go try on some of their tankinis, etc to figure out your size - then go to the catalog for more style options.
FitFatForty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 01:47 AM   #3  

Thanks for the suggestion! I've tried athleta. They only have a few tall options and they don't seem to support enough (at least the couple I've tried) My cup size isn't huge but I almost always feel uncomfortable unless it has an underwire.
If I meet my goal weight I'm finding someone to make a custom monokoni. But that's probably 2016.
Old 03-04-2015, 06:15 PM   #4  

Yes!! I am just shy of 6' tall and almost always have a hard time finding bathing suits that are long enough (along with pants, shirts etc!). I usually end up with a tankini too because I can mix and match the top and bottom to fit better. I too am not huge on top (36c) and usually a size large (?) or size 10 on the bottom. Although I do have a one-piece now, it was a complete fluke find at Winner's. Not sure if you have that store where you are but its kind of like a Ross store.
The one store I have had luck at is Swimco-again, not sure if that's only in Canada???
I get so frustrated when I can usually find sizes in average, petite and plus but NEVER talls!!!
Bijoux00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 03:32 AM   #5  

Bijoux I feel your pain! I don't think we have swimco or winners. I bought a clearance suit online on a whim, the straps looked fairly adjustable so we will see and I got a Victoria's Secret bikini. I hate bikinis when I'm not tone, and also because I have scars on my stomach, but it's sort of a last resort because I like the support of their tops.
Old 03-06-2015, 10:07 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 300/145/160

Height: 5'10

Etsy has sellers that can custom make clothing. I order all my dresses on etsy and get extra torso length. I have seen bathing suit makers to.
Calicofox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 05:48 PM   #7  

Thanks calico. Might have to try that. . You look amazing btw
Old 03-21-2015, 09:06 AM   #8  
Aloha nui loa

Height: 6'0

Same issues. I find occasional tall suits on landsend etc...but mostly I wear tankinis.
MauiKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 10:13 AM   #9  

Yeah my worst part though is loose skin right below where tankinis end. Most the long torso ones still don't hide it and finding one that supports the girls can be a Real challenge. I'm hoping as I lose the weight to find one that fits real well.
Old 03-23-2015, 04:41 PM   #10  
Aloha nui loa

Height: 6'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickilaughs View Post
Yeah my worst part though is loose skin right below where tankinis end. Most the long torso ones still don't hide it and finding one that supports the girls can be a Real challenge. I'm hoping as I lose the weight to find one that fits real well.
If it helps you any, I buy high waisted bottoms, and the tank style top. You can't see any skin at all.
MauiKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 10:45 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 195/145/145

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickilaughs View Post
This is frustrating area for me. Being tall leaves me with few options other than tankinis and bikinis. The couple brands that do sell tall suits are well...mostly stuff my grandmother would wear.
Because I'm focused on losing a certain amount of weight and hoping to have a nice suit for a trip in June, I'm not sure what size to get. Most suits I like (Victoria's Secret) sell out fast and are already back ordered til April.
It's hard to find a suit that supports the boobs as well.
Anyone else experience these frustrations?
Not really, even though I'm 5'11". It's not hard for me to find stylish one-piece suits that fit. I also have two-pieces and tankinis. Anything with sleeves or legs, though, is another story...

F.
freelancemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 12:52 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 256/ticker/240

Height: 5' 7"

Default dress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calicofox View Post
Etsy has sellers that can custom make clothing. I order all my dresses on etsy and get extra torso length. I have seen bathing suit makers to.
This is interesting I never knew you could buy custom clothing on Etsy. Do you have a specific seller you use?
2feelbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 05:33 AM   #13  

I have a plan to loose some weight for the summer so by this time I don't even think to buy any bikini!
jennykorpes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 04:21 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 256/ticker/240

Height: 5' 7"

Default Look at YT videos

Take a look on youtube and search for plus size swimwear there are a lot of ladies that do try on.

Some are worth a look.....others not so much.
2feelbetter is offline   Reply With Quote