3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Looking Good, Feeling Great

Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Size 14W Jeans?

Old 01-22-2015, 12:10 PM   #1
Jiggle, BE GONE WITH YOU!

S/C/G: 246/199/160

Height: 5'6

Default Size 14W Jeans?

Anyone? Anyone?
So, I became addicted to the Gloria Vanderbilt Amanda Super Slimming jeans. Then, they decided to remove the button and zipper and make them pull up pants! It's soooo ugly! Anyway, I can't find Amanda's in 14W. Do they even make them? What size 14W are comparable? Help!
I'm happy to say my 16w's are getting too big. And I need that "W" y'all, for my birthin' hips!

June 1, 2014: 246lbs
I can do this. I WILL DO THIS.
dietcokehead98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 12:43 PM   #2
Irish dance addict

S/C/G: 145/145.4/125

Height: 5' 3"

I can't help with your exact question, but I also have birthing hips and am short (5'3"), so jeans shopping has always been a nightmare! Petite sizes tend to think one has very straight and narrow hips, and regular jeans are typically some combination of too long and too loose in the waist when they are sized high enough to fit my hips.

Anyway, I'm somewhere around a 10 to 12 at the moment. If you're okay with wandering outside the specific jeans you mentioned, I recommend looking for keywords like curvy. In particular Maurice's and Old Navy both have "curvy" jeans that fit looser in the hips at a given size than other jeans. I think you'll either find that a size 14 sans W will fit you well, or you might even be a size or two smaller in the brand because the number refers more to the waist size and they made extra room for hips.

ETA: Hello, fellow Coloradoan!

Goals:
Get to 130s
Advance all dances out of beginner level MET! 11 Jul 2015 Advance all dances out of novice level
Complete C25K
Complete first phase of NROLFW

Last edited by atmos : 01-22-2015 at 12:44 PM.
atmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 01:21 PM   #3

Have you tried ebay? Or maybe through Gloria Vanderbilt's website?

I love finding brands and fits that are perfect, I end up buying a bunch of different sizes when I can. It's incentive to lose more weight and I know I'll love the clothes when they fit.

Congrats on moving down a size! Once I got to 14s (from 28s...) it was only 10-12lbs till I got to a 12 and then a 10. It's a fabulous feeling!
Old 01-22-2015, 01:32 PM   #4

I'm trying to look online for you, are they actually called "Gloria Vanderbilt Amanda Super Slimming jeans"?
Old 01-23-2015, 09:39 AM   #5
Mini Goal 4- 169lbs

S/C/G: 275/170/165

Height: 5'7

I used to love Gloria Vanderbuilt jeans, I used to get them from Sears, I think. It sucks when jeans that work for you are discontinued (still shaking my fist at American Eagle and New Look).

Anyway, lots of brands do curvy cut jeans these days from Levi to Old Navy to Gap and there are many others. In your current size, you have a lot more options and this might be a good opportunity to explore non-"W" jean sizing because with the progress you're making you probably will be too small soon for the sizes that come marked that way anyway. But if you want to try to eke out the last bit of joy from your Gloria Vanderbuilts, maybe check ebay or something. I held out for my Lane Bryant Right Fit jeans and got them on ebay till I sized out of them. Good luck and congrats on all your progress!

Overall Weight Loss
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 10:15 AM   #6
Starting Over Again

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Height: 5'5"

I love Gloria Vanderbilt jeans as well. I usually have a lot of luck finding them at Goodwill, honestly.

I'm also a fan of Lee Riders and Lee Comfort Waistband jeans. They're good for average height woman with big hips/butts.

Current Goal: Wear Size 10 Pants by July 1st
Psychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 06:54 PM   #7
I'm Getting There!

S/C/G: 400 S / Ticker C / 160 G

Height: 5'7

I am so glad to see this thread!! I'm getting down to where I feel I can finally wear jeans and have no clue where to look or even what brands to try. I've only had one pair of jeans in my entire life and they were the stretchy kind. I found one new pair I really like in 22W for $13 on clearance, but they only had one pair and they're a size or two to small yet. Thanks for all the brand and style tips!!

Target Date - December 31, 2015

Goal #10 - 210 lbs - 50 lbs Left To Lose -
Jesslan Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 08:25 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychic View Post
I love Gloria Vanderbilt jeans as well. I usually have a lot of luck finding them at Goodwill, honestly.

I'm also a fan of Lee Riders and Lee Comfort Waistband jeans. They're good for average height woman with big hips/butts.
Yes, the comfort waistband! I got them for like $15 at TJMaxx and they are awesome. I grabbed petite length and they are perfect. They are really some of the nicest jeans I bought. They aren't as thick as some jeans if that makes any sense. I have them in 10s and 14s right now. Sad to say it's the 14s I'm wearing now.
Old 08-24-2015, 08:01 PM   #9

I am having some problems finding pants that fit. I am getting to the point where I fit 14's or 16's at Lane Bryant. They still fit well, but I am panicking because I've been trying non W sized pants and I'm having trouble. I have big butt, big thighs (with extra skin since I've already dropped 112 lbs), big calves. A lot of brands (like target and old navy) seem to fit in the waist, but I have to buy them sizes bigger to fit my legs. Anyone else have this problem being right in between sizes?
suzisnowflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.