Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 07-31-2014, 11:34 AM   #1  
Blessed Person Here

S/C/G: Going/Still going/Gone

Height: 5' 1''

Default Underwear to make tummy flat

I tried girdles but they didn't seat well with me. When I ate, the food would stay on my chest the whole day, sometimes I was close to puking.

So, please girls, tell me if there exists a mechanism to keep the fleshy flower flat.

Thanks!
thirti4thirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 10:38 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 223/197/120

Height: 5'5

I've tried spanx before, when I was wearing a really fitted dress. However, it's nowhere near comfortable for me so I stick to highwaisted panties when I wear dresses and skirts and ones that sit below my belly button when I'm wearing pants.
My only requirements for the lower half is for it to be comfortable. I tend to go for cotton and avoid anything that does any pressure on my belly. I also try to buy clothes that I'm comfortable wearing. What I mean by that is that if it's fitted and I'm concerned about the rolls, I won't buy it.
My rule of thumb is: tight upper half = loose lower half and loose lower half = tight upper half.

Hope this helps!
muguet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 05:19 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

I find that underwear made specifically as tummy control actually has the opposite effect on me. It digs into my waist and accentuates the bulging belly. I have to wear undies whose band sits immediately below the belly button. But everyone's belly button is a little different but try it. I have good luck with GAP undies and at Kohls briefs.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 06:22 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 251/190/175

Height: 5'10

I like Spanx (try the cheap knock offs at Walmart) and the key is to go up a size! I normally wear a large in regular clothes so I chose an XL. It's still tight enough to slim and smooth, and since it's a size up it doesn't feel like it's strangling me. LOL I had a "battle" with myself over the size thing but I'm so pleased with how I look I quickly got over it BTW the kind I like is the one with the legs down to the knees up to the waist with straps but no built in bra....I HATE built in bras!
vealcalf2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 11:22 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 200/138/125

Height: 5'6"

I like the open bust long leg styles, that have shoulder straps but you wear your own bra.
jeminijad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 06:08 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 291/ticker/154

Height: 5'7"

I've been thinking of getting something like spanx to smooth over the bumps I'm getting via looser skin in the tummy....but how the heck do you go to the bathroom? I just envision having to take EVERYTHING off or wrestling with myself in the stall.
LesMillsLuvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 08:37 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

These are great. Lightweight, comfortable and easy to use the restroom while wearing them:

http://www.maidenform.com/intimates/...slimmer-m12627
IdealProteinNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 01:33 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 300/145/160

Height: 5'10

Corselet! I wear one to hide lose skin and it flattens the tummy and does not interfere with going to the bathroom.
Calicofox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 01:43 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

I like rago, they have been around for a long while, and as a plus, their stuff is often lacy and looks prettier (at least to me) than the standard spanx. It can be kinda spendy though.

http://www.rago-shapewear.com/catalog/home.php?cat=254
sunarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 11:42 AM   #10  
New-b

S/C/G: 219/ticker/155

Height: 5ft

glad you posted this... I have been looking for something to minimize the dreaded mommy apron belly.. (no luck yet) and typically the high waisted things roll down on me because I'm so short with a very short torso. Now the full ones that go over your shoulder but have an opening for your own bra are currently my fav but being in the south we wear a lot of sleeveless shirts and it doesn't hide well
WannaB2cute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 12:12 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

The ones that are like a tank top but you wear your own bra do not have pants to them and don't interfere with going to the bathroom. My favorites are the ones that are just a tube and go from right under the bust down to the pubic area...no pants and no bra. Problem is, they are hard to find. One place I bought them online no longer has them. It's hard for them to make one that has a built in bra because everyone's bra size is different.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 07:11 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 233/see ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

After wrestling with a full spanx in the dressing room and almost dislocating a shoulder trying to get the thing off, I opted for comfort instead. No hiding these belly rolls. :-)
seaurchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 08:49 AM   #13  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

Spanx and body shapers give me terrible heartburn and I have a sensitive stomach at the best of times so I avoid triggers for more severe tummy issues like heartburn.

What i've found helps is wearing regular underwear that isn't low rise, which these days is not common. Even boy shorts tend to be low-rise. Then secondly, I've stopped wearing the smallest size I can fit into at a given time. So for example, right now, I could wear size 8 pants out, but they cut in enough to hyper-muffinate my muffin top, so I choose to wear a 12 which is the largest size I can wear that doesn't fall off me. If the thighs become a concern being too big, then I get them re-tailored. Then in addition, I've changed the rise of my pants and skirts. No low rise anything because my apron will win any battle against low rise in the quest for freedom which isn't pretty. I prefer a mid-rise as it gives enough fabric to cover the belly securely and hold everything in. I also size up in t-shirts and don't wear anything skin-tight. I'm not the greatest fan of clingy lycra/spandex fabrics because well, obviously. As for dresses, I look for dresses that cinch (or I cinch them with a belt myself) at the smallest part of my waist for a low-empire waist effect.
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 04:25 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 191.4/187/150

Height: 5'9

When I saw this post I had to respond. I don't have any advice for you (I hate spanks) but have you seen the youtube video of Melissa McCarthy on Ellen talking about spanks? If no, you HAVE to search it on Youtube. Too flippin funny! I would post it but I think they remove links. sorry! have a good laugh ladies!
Beachplum is offline   Reply With Quote