3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Looking Good, Feeling Great (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/looking-good-feeling-great-204/)
-   -   Stretch marks and fade time? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/looking-good-feeling-great/296701-stretch-marks-fade-time.html)

imabehot 06-11-2014 07:19 AM

Stretch marks and fade time?

I have them very bad. Especially on my stomach. They're starting to fade a little so I'm wondering how long it took others to fade completely or almost completely. Mine luckily always fade to pretty much skin tone. But right now most of them are red. Also does coacoa butter help speed up the process? Thanks in advance.

canadjineh 06-11-2014 11:46 AM

I've heard of some that use vitamin E oil on them, or BioOil. For Vit E, you just prick the capsule with a pin and squeeze out the oil to rub on the marks. I can't say from personal experience because I haven't done this, but friends have been happy with it.

Gingerjv 06-11-2014 11:54 AM

Though i do not have such problem one of my friends has it! The vitamin E oil helped her a lot!! Her marks where fresh so she almost entirely got rid of them!

Dottington 06-11-2014 12:24 PM

I had some pretty noticeable ones on my stomach but they've almost totally faded away and you'd have to get up very close and be looking for them to see them. I didn't use any cream on them. Its taken about 2 years.

constellationmomma 06-11-2014 04:08 PM

I used bio oil during and after my pregnancy, and it really, really helped. My stretch marks faded pretty well, although they are still there, they're not as dark or noticeable. I didn't like the smell of cocoa butter which is why I used the Bio Oil. It even helped fade some old ones.

nonameslob 06-11-2014 04:14 PM

I've heard really good things about Vitamin E, but have no experience with it. I've actually been meaning to get some for acne scars on my face.

My stretch marks have never been very red - I wonder why yours are? Hmm.

KayMayWill 06-12-2014 09:17 AM

I feel your pain! I have reddish/purplish stretch marks, mostly on my stomach. I even have them above and below my belly button, I've never had a kid, but have the stretch marks of somebody who has been pregnant with twins!!!

I think color and severity depend on skin type maybe? I'm very fair skinned and prone to hyper pigmentation. :(

I'm going to try the vitamin E oil! I actually have a bottle of it handy, I use it on my ears. Does anybody know how long it takes to see results?

alexhanney08 06-16-2014 01:10 AM

You can treat your stretch mark at home and make some homemade scrub. You can use natural sugar. Natural white sugar is one of the best natural remedies to get rid of stretch marks. You can use the sugar to exfoliate your skin. You can also use lemon juice to lighten your stretch mark. It is important to keep hydrated too just drink plenty of water every day.