3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Looking Good, Feeling Great (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/looking-good-feeling-great-204/)
-   -   Emergency please open buying clothes ahead (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/looking-good-feeling-great/295732-emergency-please-open-buying-clothes-ahead.html)

skittlesfirehawk 05-11-2014 11:06 PM

Emergency please open buying clothes ahead

Hey everyone im currently still a size 12 but i found on ebay a seller that is selling disney uniforms and one of them is a skirt and i really want it but its a size 6 what should i do

Dottington 05-12-2014 12:34 AM

For some people buying clothes ahead can be great motivation. For myself, it hasn't worked very well in the past. That's partly because I would get frustrated and also because a lot of the styles I liked and bought of smaller clothes didn't actually flatter my body as it changed as I became smaller. If its an item you really don't think you'll have another opportunity to buy though and think you would really regret not buying it now, then I say go for it and hang it up somewhere it sight for motivation :)

Pattience 05-12-2014 03:59 AM

don't buy it. don't wast your money. You don't need the skirt.

I'm not suggesting you won't reach goal but i think there will always be plenty of beautiful clothes to buy.

If money is a not an issue for you at all, then there's no question, buy it. But i think its better to keep your money freed up, especially if you have limited funds.

Pattience 05-12-2014 04:00 AM

Oh by the way, i bought a pair of pants once on the basis that i would soon fit into them. That was two or so years ago. I haven't worn them yet but i am hoping to be able to wear them soon but I will say this. I could have lived without them because of certain life changes. It would only really be worth it to buy them if i had lost the weight within a short period of time and i didn't.

BettyBooty 05-12-2014 02:34 PM

I wouldn't buy something that much smaller. I might go for one size down, because that goal, to me, is within reach, but more than that might end up making me feel terrible if I never get there.

mb2004 05-12-2014 05:07 PM

Yeah. I only buy the size down from where I am and only if its a good deal.

berryblondeboys 05-12-2014 05:40 PM

I bought some used things at Goodwill in 2 sizes down. I thought, "great! Name brands that fit my style and it will be great and it's CHEAP!" Well, it was still too expensive if I couldn't wear it! I dropped clothing sizes faster than I thought I would and so when I could wear them was the middle of summer and they were winter weight clothes. By the time fall/winter rolled around, they were too big, so they got redonated to Goodwill.

And my husband's philosophy is probably right - if you found it once, you will find it again when you REALLY need it. So, don't buy it.

CanadianCutie 05-12-2014 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by berryblondeboys (Post 5002808)
And my husband's philosophy is probably right - if you found it once, you will find it again when you REALLY need it. So, don't buy it.

Totally not true in my experience. Especially in the area in which I live.

berryblondeboys 05-12-2014 09:07 PM

The op lives in New Jersey and ebay sells nationwide - world wide sometimes. Even when I lived in Waterloo Ontario, I could find most anything I wanted. Being a size 12 and thinking of buying a 6 is a huge size difference. She can find it later when she truly needs it.

CanadianCutie 05-13-2014 01:42 PM

I guess I should have quoted your entire statement, as I was responding about Goodwill, and your situation in particular. Even with ebay things are streaky as far as being available, and I'm not just talking about bigger sizes. What I would do is get it if it was inexpensive, and if I knew someone else who could potentially use it.

Trudiha 05-20-2014 07:21 AM

I think it depends on how much the skirt is. I was moaning to my partner about how much something I wanted from Ebay was when she pointed out that I was complaining about something that cost less than the cup of coffee I was drinking. However, I have been known to buy shoes that don't fit because I think that they are beautiful, so maybe I'm not qualified to give a sensible answer.

IanG 05-20-2014 03:50 PM

I used to buy smaller clothes and it worked great unless:

i) I forgot I had them and actually got smaller than them so never got to wear them

ii) I never made it that small.

I still have several shirts and pairs of pants that I will never fit into because of my build.

nonameslob 05-20-2014 03:54 PM

If it's something really rare that you will never ever possibly come across again that you really want and isn't going to cut into money that you need for more important things, go for it.

Otherwise, I think it's best to not buy clothes any smaller than one size below your current size.

pixelllate 05-21-2014 02:34 PM

I'd buy. Its a skirt, likely it will fit as long as you lose enough weight. I still have a shirt in mind from high school that I never bought and still get wistful over it (also Disney). If its not a huge amount of money, at worst it will be like "oh well, some money wasted." Not that I toss dollars, but for a skirt thats not too pricey, I'd take the gamble.