Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 05-15-2014, 09:54 PM   #1  
Stubborn.

S/C/G: 197/See ticker/135

Height: 5'6''

Default Rehearsal dinner dresses?

My boyfriend's brother is getting married next month and we were told last weekend that he'd like us to come to his rehearsal dinner. Apparently there's going to be a full-length wedding rehearsal leading up to it and I think most everyone's going to be essentially in wedding attire or a step or two down from it. I'm not in the ceremony and I've been to few enough weddings to have absolutely no idea what I'm doing.

This is what I'm wearing to the wedding itself (Accessory/shoe suggestions also welcomed with much thanks).

I'm 5'5 1/2"-5'6'' depending on my slouch, 34C/36B chest, 27'' at the narrowest part of my waist, 37'' hips at the widest. Problem areas are my stomach, thighs, and I don't like drawing attention to my linebacker shoulders. Any tips on how fancy people tend to be for pre-wedding festivities? Any style suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any help you fine ladies (and gents? I know there's a few stylish dudes that show up around here...) may be able to provide.
Hotaruchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 10:03 PM   #2  

Height: 5'9"

Oh my gosh that dress is too cute! I think the level of fanciness is dependent upon the level of glam of the ceremony. In my family, we don't have much money, so we dressed up for the wedding and didn't really have the whole rehearsal dinner thing. Ok-I just realized this is not a very helpful reply. I just wanted to say how much I love that dress!
Brandis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 07:06 AM   #3  
LRH

S/C/G: 152/132/127

Height: 5'5"

The dress is cute! Where is the rehearsal dinner being held? I think the venue dictates what you should wear/level of formality. In case it's cold inside, you might want to bring along a wrap or cute shrug to be comfortable.
LRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 07:41 AM   #4  
Unstoppable Force

S/C/G: 225/ticker/137

Height: 5'6"

The general rule is that the wedding party dresses one-step down from wedding attire and friends/family go another half-step down from that. That's clear as mud, isn't it? Do you know any of the bridesmaids, or does the brother have sisters, that you could ask what they're wearing?

Guessing from your wedding day dress (which is adorbs) I'm thinking casual dressy is your best bet. Cigarette pants with high-heeled sandals, with a button-down shirt, and some understated bling...like this. Or maybe a denim skirt with a dressy T and blazer...like this.

Shoe suggestions for your wedding day dress? Strappy black sandals with a kitten heel...like this. With a strand of elegant black pearls and simple black pearl stud earrings.

Last edited by Novus; 05-16-2014 at 07:49 AM.
Novus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 10:36 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 291/240.6/147

Height: 5'7"

LRH is right, where is the wedding rehearsal dinner? That will tell you how to dress.
TheSecondHalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 06:48 PM   #6  
Stubborn.

S/C/G: 197/See ticker/135

Height: 5'6''

I think the dinner's going to be at the hall catered by the bride's father (who does some pretty swanky catering based on the shower). I like the idea of the pants idea since I'll likely be going straight from work, I just don't know where to find a cut like that...any suggestions for shops to try?
Hotaruchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 06:57 PM   #7  
Unstoppable Force

S/C/G: 225/ticker/137

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotaruchan View Post
I think the dinner's going to be at the hall catered by the bride's father (who does some pretty swanky catering based on the shower). I like the idea of the pants idea since I'll likely be going straight from work, I just don't know where to find a cut like that...any suggestions for shops to try?
Cigarette pants are trendy this season so you should be able to find them at any major department store - Macy's, Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, Dillard's.
Novus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 08:22 PM   #8  
banned

S/C/G: 80.2kg/66kg/60kg x2.2 for lb

Height: 165cm/5' 4.5"

I don't think cigarette pants are the thing for heavy thighs.

I don't know what line backer shoulders are. Are they broad? I've got broad shoulders. Collars are good with such shoulders. But so are halter tops like the one you've chosen. String straps are definitely OUT.

I'm not keen on the black pearl idea. I guess you'd have to try it all on to see. But black dangly earrings would be nice and glamorous. I don't like a lot of jewellery all worn at once so i'd just go with the earrings. I think a necklace plus earrings would draw more attention to your upper body/shoulders and make it all look too hectic. Try a bracelet instead if you have nice wrists and hands.

I definitely like the strappy high sandle idea.
Pattience is offline   Reply With Quote